Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:41:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question  (Read 11039 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Question
« on August 10, 2019, 05:05:43 pm by Dare to dream! »
Do we need this big striker signing? Why not save the money and give Sailder the first half of the season to prove himself up top.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2019, 05:08:20 pm by phil old leake »
I’ve not seen any games this season apart from Rossington but I’d maybe go along with that
Maybe DM has seen something in him that he likes and thinks he can change him
2 in 2 looks good so far
I’ll be interested to see how people think he’s played

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2019, 05:09:20 pm by glosterred »
And if it doesn’t work out you’ve lost half a season, your could then be trying to keep your nose above relegation or mid table and out of the running for a play off position. It’s difficult but I think I’d rather have players in their right position whenever possible.

COYR

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2019, 05:09:47 pm by jackthelad »
We need another striker without a doubt. He's done well and got two goals but he's not a out and out striker clearly. Certainly not by himself anyway.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2019, 05:10:06 pm by Jonathan »
Do we need this big striker signing? Why not save the money and give Sailder the first half of the season to prove himself up top.

Did you go today? If you did then I am shocked that you’re asking that question. The result covered up so many deficiencies. Sadlier should play behind a striker, but we don’t have one.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2019, 05:10:48 pm by Upton Rover »
Give up of cause we need a striker possibly 2

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2019, 05:10:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Hell no. Sadlier is a good player who can score but from watching the first two games he isn't a striker. We desperately need one in.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2019, 05:12:43 pm by john_donc857 »
It’s just not dropping for us!
By far the better team and may who I admit to saying should be dropped looks a totally different player for us under Moore. My mom

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2019, 05:16:58 pm by Dare to dream! »

Did you go today? If you did then I am shocked that you’re asking that question. The result covered up so many deficiencies. Sadlier should play behind a striker, but we don’t have one.

I wasn't there today but was at the Gillingham game. I thought the second half performance vs Gills was encouraging and I think Sailder has the physique to play up top.

The team will take time to gel, i think it's worth giving him the first half of the season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2019, 05:18:43 pm by IDM »
Yes, we do need a number 9, if not two.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2019, 05:20:38 pm by Dare to dream! »
Can't belive people don't want Saidler to continue playing up top. Fantastic movement and goal last week and by all account a good header today.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2019, 05:22:41 pm by IDM »
I am happy for Sadlier to play up top, but we need a number 9 as well..

Even if he was to be the main striker for a while, what if he gets injured.??

Of course we need a CF and I would try for two..

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2019, 05:22:46 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think we need a striker for sure, two would be good, but i'd like to see Sadlier playing centrally behind the no9 think he'll score plenty there. Just need a forward to really lead the line ideally with pace

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2019, 05:22:52 pm by Jonathan »

I wasn't there today but was at the Gillingham game. I thought the second half performance vs Gills was encouraging and I think Sailder has the physique to play up top.

The team will take time to gel, i think it's worth giving him the first half of the season.

Trust me, today’s result hid so many inadequacies, most of which stem from the absence of anyone up front. Sadlier works hard there but it’s not his game. I look forward to seeing him playing in his best position and picking up the ball facing goal. Without a proper striker we look miles off a promotion challenging team. It’s embarrassing to even talk of promotion after our performance in the transfer market so far. 

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2019, 05:23:45 pm by Donny Exile in York »
What dont people get.. we have no forwards... we have money in the bank.. the club are backing Moore.. it's a long long season.. we simply need to add more quality up top and at the back to replace what we've lost... it's a win win to add quality to what we've got... so what question exactly is there? Say we dont sign anyone, Sadlier gets injured mid Sept... what is the question then? Will the question be who the hell doubted we need more quality and strength in the team and squad to replace what we've lost... the same people saying we dont need anyone now will be the first scratching their heads saying October and November when the weather and pitches change somewhat.. or injuries kick in.. why are we bottom six and not scoring goals? Honestly... look at the team and squad second half of last season and the results we got and look at the squad now and there is no question other than.. when can we get these extra players of quality in..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2019, 05:25:44 pm by IDM »
I think that’s a bit harsh Jonathan..

Embarrassing.?

We are maybe only one or two players short.  Short yes, but hardly embarrassing.

I understand your concerns but that’s going too far I think..

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2019, 05:34:56 pm by Jonathan »

Embarrassing.?

We are maybe only one or two players short.  Short yes, but hardly embarrassing.

Embarrassing to think about promotion with the current squad, I stand by that. We’ve had a dreadful summer in the transfer market where we have allowed our squad to be decimated. I would be embarrassed to talk of promotion until we get somewhere back towards the level we finished last season at, and right now we’re miles off.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2019, 05:37:44 pm by johnny rovers »

Embarrassing.?

One or two, your having a laugh. We are five a six quality signings from being anywhere near good enough to challenge for the top six

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2019, 05:38:55 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Trust me, today’s result hid so many inadequacies, most of which stem from the absence of anyone up front. Sadlier works hard there but it’s not his game. I look forward to seeing him playing in his best position and picking up the ball facing goal. Without a proper striker we look miles off a promotion challenging team. It’s embarrassing to even talk of promotion after our performance in the transfer market so far.

I don’t know if you were there today but your statement is very harsh. We do need a new striker, no doubt about it but I’m not sure what these inadequacies are that you refer to? We were strong at the back, even after the Baptiste injury and our forward play was fast and crisp with Alfie May seemingly having a new lease of life!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 10, 2019, 05:44:48 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Embarrassing.?

One or two, your having a laugh. We are five a six quality signings from being anywhere near good enough to challenge for the top six

That’s utter b*llocks

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 10, 2019, 05:45:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Embarrassing.?

Embarrassing to think about promotion with the current squad, I stand by that. We’ve had a dreadful summer in the transfer market where we have allowed our squad to be decimated. I would be embarrassed to talk of promotion until we get somewhere back towards the level we finished last season at, and right now we’re miles off.

But no one is talking about promotion with the current squad. We've had some terrible strikers in the past few years so better to play a few games with what we have then rush into signing a Curtis Main type. We've just signed a player who has good experience in the division above which is a good indication of what the type of player we're looking at.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 10, 2019, 05:45:36 pm by Jonathan »
I was there today. And we came up against a very ordinary team. We look miles and miles away from a team that can challenge for promotion. We just about hung in there against painfully mediocre opposition. This isn’t a criticism of DM, he has inherited the aftermath of a shambolic summer.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 10, 2019, 05:48:25 pm by Bezza »
No mention of the new winger we have and hopefully a striker next week, panicking to early look on the bright side we are unbeaten,

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 10, 2019, 05:48:59 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I was there today. And we came up against a very ordinary team. We look miles and miles away from a team that can challenge for promotion. We just about hung in there against painfully mediocre opposition. This isn’t a criticism of DM, he has inherited the aftermath of a shambolic summer.

Isn't the second game into the season way too early to make judgements on who's ordinary?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 10, 2019, 05:53:27 pm by Jonathan »

Isn't the second game into the season way too early to make judgements on who's ordinary?

No, Rochdale are a very ordinary team and won’t be anywhere near the promotion shake up.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 10, 2019, 05:53:32 pm by johnny rovers »

It's not to early to make a judgement on the last 12 weeks which has been something of a joke

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 10, 2019, 06:00:18 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

It's not to early to make a judgement on the last 12 weeks which has been something of a joke

Yeah but that's not the be all and end all for getting 3pts on a Saturday. I remember a really bad preseason where we had our manager and assistant manager playing in friendlies yet won the league. And we're a couple of signings away from having a really good squad so while it's might be described as a joke it could be quite a good one. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2019, 06:04:01 pm by IDM »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

A challenge yes and a disappointment to lose the manager and Marquis how we did, and to be a bit behind the drag curve..

But a joke.??

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2019, 06:04:51 pm by johnny rovers »

Embarrassing.?

That’s utter b*llocks

Let's just clarify Herbie Lad, you honestly believe we will be challenging for promotion with only two more signings??

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 10, 2019, 06:11:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Embarrassing.?

That’s utter b*llocks

Let's just clarify Herbie Lad, you honestly believe we will be challenging for promotion with only two more signings??

Happy to clarify for you Johnny - I’d say we need 3; a CB, a midfielder and a striker.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012