Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:36:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question  (Read 11040 times)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Question
« Reply #30 on August 10, 2019, 06:12:41 pm by johnny rovers »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

A challenge yes and a disappointment to lose the manager and Marquis how we did, and to be a bit behind the drag curve..

But a joke.??

We've retained only three players that started at Charlton on May 16th

Took Three weeks to appointment a manager that we wanted, so should of just gone out and got him straight away.

Sold our best striker just before the season started

And haven't brought a striker in as yet. Challenging is certainly an understatement

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 10, 2019, 06:13:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Yes we do. Sadlier will stillscore goals playing behind the striker

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 10, 2019, 06:14:47 pm by drfchound »
Two goals in two games is great for Sadlier but he clearly isn't a number nine type of CF.
Get one of those to back him up please.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 10, 2019, 06:15:24 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Lets not ignore the fact the Board have consistently said we want promotion to the Championship. I acknowledge the impact McCann had on shafting us big time and no doubt in time we will hopefully get the signings in. I wasnt there today. I was last season and know how mediocre Rochdale are. I was against Gillingham and first half we looked like we were playing last seasons reserves.. which by and large actually we were.. credit to the team for getting two draws and remaining unbeaten after a turbulent summer, alot to be said for the spirit of the camp.. but to get anywhere near the top 6... which let's be right is the Boards objective and anyone who doubts it listen to Baldwin's interview a few weeks ago... but to get anywhere near the top 6 we need a good 4 or 5 quality, and I mean quality in the mould of Marquus, Downing, Rowe, Kane and say Mason yet to be able to compete week in week out at the top end of the league.. would include Wills but hopefully Taylor will play further forward than for Rotherscum and repeat his Peterborough scoring record..

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 10, 2019, 06:16:12 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Yes we do. Sadlier will stillscore goals playing behind the striker

Exactly mate.. or behind a couple of strikers competing and reverting..

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 10, 2019, 06:16:58 pm by johnny rovers »
I am happy for Sadlier to play up top

Book yourself in for an assessment if you think Sadlier should play up top 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:22:41 pm by johnny rovers »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 10, 2019, 06:18:19 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

A challenge yes and a disappointment to lose the manager and Marquis how we did, and to be a bit behind the drag curve..

But a joke.??

Took Three weeks to appointment a manager that we wanted, so should of just gone out and got him straight away.

And haven't brought a striker in as yet. Challenging is certainly an understatement

And of course, had we recruited a new manager without following any due process and “just gone out and got him” you wouldn’t be complaining when it all went tits up?

There was nothing to be done about JM going. He wanted to leave and that’s that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 10, 2019, 06:25:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We need a couple soon. and we can reassess in the next window.

I'm confident DM will build a team and a style we can be proud of. Just listened to his post match interview and I like what he said about what we need to do better.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 10, 2019, 06:27:51 pm by johnny rovers »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

But a joke.??

And of course, had we recruited a new manager without following any due process and “just gone out and got him” you wouldn’t be complaining when it all went tits up?

But we haven't been proactive and sort his replacement before he left. I said on the night after the Charlton game drinking beers around London bridge that marquis would leave just before the season starts and we would be left napping. And I've been proved right. We are never proactive in the transfer market. It's not good enough, we need to be clever about our business during the early stages of the transfer window

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 10, 2019, 06:33:53 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

But a joke.??

But we haven't been proactive and sort his replacement before he left. I said on the night after the Charlton game drinking beers around London bridge that marquis would leave just before the season starts and we would be left napping. And I've been proved right. We are never proactive in the transfer market. It's not good enough, we need to be clever about our business during the early stages of the transfer window

How do you know we weren’t proactive? I’m sure Rovers would have had possible replacements in mind, however all of our preseason preparations went up in smoke when GM left! Literally all of the work done for this season had to be done again, including identifying replacements for JM. DM has had a month and as your aware he’s got strikers that he wants, but these things do take time, particularly if we’re buying championship players.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 10, 2019, 06:35:54 pm by BigH »
I was there today. And we came up against a very ordinary team. We look miles and miles away from a team that can challenge for promotion. We just about hung in there against painfully mediocre opposition. This isn’t a criticism of DM, he has inherited the aftermath of a shambolic summer.
Jonathan, I think you sum it up well. Pre-season has been a shambles. Not a criticism of DM, GB or the Board by the way. They can't be held particularly culpable for a manager who let players go then jumped ship himself and a centre forward who, unfortunately, acted a bit disrespectfully in pi**ing the club around.

The fact is that we're playing catch up and it's going to be like this for quite a few more games yet. Personally, I've resigned myself to not expecting to see anything like a finished product until game 10. At that point I'll make a judgment but, until then, it's a case of allowing DM and his team time and space to get their stuff together.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 10, 2019, 06:41:05 pm by since-1969 »
Do we need this big striker signing? Why not save the money and give Sailder the first half of the season to prove himself up top.
Sadlier isn’t centre forward he’s an 8 or 10 but has the instincts  of a goal poacher. Get a big guy along side job done ✅
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:59:43 pm by since-1969 »

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 10, 2019, 06:44:05 pm by Cramby10 »
A joke.?

Give me strength.!!

But a joke.??

Well done captain hindsight. You’re so clever. I’m sure you’re thrilled to say I told you so. Get a grip.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 10, 2019, 06:46:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Do we need this big striker signing? Why not save the money and give Sailder the first half of the season to prove himself up top.
Stadlier isn’t centre forward he’s an 8 or 10 but has the instincts  of a goal poacher. Get a big guy along side job done ✅

Stadlier?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 10, 2019, 06:47:32 pm by IDM »

Book yourself in for an assessment if you think Sadlier should play up top 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

An assessment.?

f**king do one.!

You only quoted part of my post.  I never said Sadlier should be up top on his own - I have said repeatedly we need a no 9.  Sadlier can play up top WITH a no 9..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:53:18 pm by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 10, 2019, 06:48:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It’s just not dropping for us!
By far the better team and may who I admit to saying should be dropped looks a totally different player for us under Moore. My mom

What about yo momma?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 10, 2019, 06:55:41 pm by jmt23 »
Rochdale are a half decent(very well organised) team, and will be very difficult to beat this year, they are very good at the back, and had all but one man behind the ball at most times. The one thing that has been poor from us all preseason and in the last two league games is movement, we were static, leaving no option but to pass it sideways and backwards.
Alfie May was great today, as he was last week. His confidence is growing, and he could very well turn out to be the next copps the way he is playing.

Gomes was poor today, but cheering him off in the way some did was as poor, he wasn't doing it on purpose

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 10, 2019, 06:58:28 pm by johnny rovers »

An assessment.?

f**king do one.!

You only quoted part of my post.  I never said Sadlier should be up top on his own - I have said repeatedly we need a no 9.  Sadlier can play up top WITH a no 9..

😁😁😁 Love it!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 10, 2019, 07:15:14 pm by IDM »

An assessment.?

f**king do one.!

😁😁😁 Love it!!

So you are a WUM then.. fine, i know what to expect now..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 10, 2019, 07:23:00 pm by the vicar »
On the first 2 games I think we definitely need a play maker and a couple of strikers

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 10, 2019, 07:24:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On the first 2 games I think we definitely need a play maker and a couple of strikers

@herbiekane

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 10, 2019, 07:27:38 pm by uros-predic »
I think that’s a bit harsh Jonathan..

Embarrassing.?

We are maybe only one or two players short.  Short yes, but hardly embarrassing.

I understand your concerns but that’s going too far I think..

One or two, your having a laugh. We are five a six quality signings from being anywhere near good enough to challenge for the top six

That’s utter b*llocks

Let's just clarify Herbie Lad, you honestly believe we will be challenging for promotion with only two more signings??

Happy to clarify for you Johnny - I’d say we need 3; a CB, a midfielder and a striker.

You want a CB, hopefully only because of the Baptiste injury? We’ve signed Cameron John who i’d like to think is good enough, why would we sign him if not?

We need a Left back to push James (it’s never good to have a player who knows he’s guaranteed a start every week), a CM for cover and 2 strikers. Preferably a big man (i’d take murphy) and someone of proven quality.

If we can’t manage that the club need to lower there expectations to stop leading on the less intelligent of us, as no doubt they’ll be an head ache for the rest of the season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 10, 2019, 07:31:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We have 9 players who can play CB. It's not desperate.

Anderson
Wright
John (The)
Baptiste
Sheaf
Blaney
McLean
Amos
Horton

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 10, 2019, 07:39:45 pm by Donny Exile in York »
We have 9 players who can play CB. It's not desperate.

Anderson
Wright
John (The)
Baptiste
Sheaf
Blaney
McLean
Amos
Horton

If Blaney, McLeam or Amos and Horton were centre back for a period of games we would get mullered.. two are young full backs and two have never played a league game yet nevermind league one

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 10, 2019, 07:41:07 pm by RedJ »
So we've got people who want the club to produce young assets that can be sold but don't ever want to give kids a try.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 10, 2019, 07:43:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So we've got people who want the club to produce young assets that can be sold but don't ever want to give kids a try.

100000% this. You never know how good someone is until they're given a go.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 10, 2019, 07:44:11 pm by the vicar »
I think that’s a bit harsh Jonathan..

Embarrassing.?

We are maybe only one or two players short.  Short yes, but hardly embarrassing.

I understand your concerns but that’s going too far I think..

One or two, your having a laugh. We are five a six quality signings from being anywhere near good enough to challenge for the top six

That’s utter b*llocks

Let's just clarify Herbie Lad, you honestly believe we will be challenging for promotion with only two more signings??

Happy to clarify for you Johnny - I’d say we need 3; a CB, a midfielder and a striker.

You want a CB, hopefully only because of the Baptiste injury? We’ve signed Cameron John who i’d like to think is good enough, why would we sign him if not?

We need a Left back to push James (it’s never good to have a player who knows he’s guaranteed a start every week), a CM for cover and 2 strikers. Preferably a big man (i’d take murphy) and someone of proven quality.

If we can’t manage that the club need to lower there expectations to stop leading on the less intelligent of us, as no doubt they’ll be an head ache for the rest of the season.
James players well today, both full backs played well today

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 10, 2019, 10:34:39 pm by Campsall rover »

Did you go today? If you did then I am shocked that you’re asking that question. The result covered up so many deficiencies. Sadlier should play behind a striker, but we don’t have one.

I wasn't there today but was at the Gillingham game. I thought the second half performance vs Gills was encouraging and I think Sailder has the physique to play up top.

The team will take time to gel, i think it's worth giving him the first half of the season.

Trust me, today’s result hid so many inadequacies, most of which stem from the absence of anyone up front. Sadlier works hard there but it’s not his game. I look forward to seeing him playing in his best position and picking up the ball facing goal. Without a proper striker we look miles off a promotion challenging team. It’s embarrassing to even talk of promotion after our performance in the transfer market so far.
Jonathan you say it’s embarrassing to even talk of promotion after our performance in the transfer market so far.
Can i ask you who do you expect us to sign.
Your posts imo have been in the past amongst the best ones on this forum but recently you seem to be unhappy especially with the clubs recruitment.
The recruitment of Deing, Halliday, James, Baptiste, John, Sheaf, Gomes, Ennis & now Taylor looks pretty good to me. We are now just one or two players short of a very good squad. Possibly with those additions an even stronger squad than last season.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:42:49 pm by Campsall rover »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 10, 2019, 10:42:19 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Agreed if we sign a couple more of a similar standard to Taylor then we'll have a better side with more depth than last year. Embarrassing to write a season off after two games and with two weeks of transfer window still to go.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 10, 2019, 11:06:42 pm by esdailles left foot »

Are you Gavin Baldwin ?.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012