Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 05:19:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377340 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #630 on December 21, 2018, 10:37:46 pm by RedJ »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #631 on December 21, 2018, 11:30:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As I've said. I do sometimes wonder if he's a plant with a mission to destroy the Labour party.

I mean. In the light of THIS poll from last week, how can he possibly come out with the f**king stupid stance he has taken in that interview.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/5v5qj2t7c8/PVResults_181214_Brexit_w.pdf

Just look at the poll figures for Lab support if they were to go into a GE supporting Brexit.

22%

22 per-f**king-cent.

And a week later, he says Labour would go into a GE pledged to deliver Brexit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:47:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #632 on December 22, 2018, 01:23:54 am by Pliskin »
I'm not sure how useful that sort of polling on hypothetical policies actually is. Not least because there isn't even going to be a General Election before we leave the EU.

What it does seem to indicate is that Labour's current position has them better off than if it took one side or the other. So don't take one.

If the main aim is to win a General Election at some point after Brexit, then it seems like a sensible stance to me (even if I disagree with it) - not being seen as 'betraying' Leave voters at this point when you don't have to.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #633 on December 22, 2018, 01:29:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No.

The point is to avoid Brexit and THEN win a GE.

Winning a GE at the cost of endorsing or facilitating Brexit is pointless, because there is nothing a Corbyn Govt could do to make up for the economic hit that Brexit will inflict on the working class.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #634 on December 22, 2018, 03:51:01 am by Pliskin »
That might be what you want.

However Corbyn's job is to get the Labour Party into government at the next available opportunity. Not to sacrifice himself trying and (probably failing to) keep us in the EU with a Tory govt.

Forgive him for having different priorities.

Support for Brexit amongst the working class was, and still is the majority view. Politics should be a two-way street. For a change, the Labour Party probably ought to listen and trust the people it claims to represent, rather than seeing them as a bunch of idiots who require saving from themselves, as it seems to do in this day and age.

That's what stopping Brexit 'on behalf' of the working class amounts to. Utterly pointless if it severely and irreparably undermines trust in democracy and the ability to change things with the vote.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #635 on December 22, 2018, 09:15:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Look at those poll figures. If Labour is complicit in facilitating Brexit, it is finished as an electoral force.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:19:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #636 on December 22, 2018, 10:55:17 am by SydneyRover »
Look at those poll figures. If Labour is complicit in facilitating Brexit, it is finished as an electoral force.
i repeat, if May can't deliver something reasonable to all the factions in her party which she can't
she will go, there will be a collapse in government stocks and a GE and if Corbyn doesn't support a third vote he will be replaced.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #637 on December 23, 2018, 11:28:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
IDM

You mean the ones whose status May refused to confirm for the first half of the Brexit negotiations? The ones she implied might be turfed out in March 2019? The ones who had 18 months of not being able to plan their futures? The ones she was using as a bargaining chip in an attempt to force the EU into other concessions?

I can't for the life of me understand why people see the need to go and live in other country. If everyone stayed at home there wouldn't be any problems and we'd all be happy.

Face
Palm

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #638 on December 24, 2018, 08:59:51 am by Axholme Lion »
IDM

You mean the ones whose status May refused to confirm for the first half of the Brexit negotiations? The ones she implied might be turfed out in March 2019? The ones who had 18 months of not being able to plan their futures? The ones she was using as a bargaining chip in an attempt to force the EU into other concessions?

I can't for the life of me understand why people see the need to go and live in other country. If everyone stayed at home there wouldn't be any problems and we'd all be happy.

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #639 on December 24, 2018, 12:52:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. It's b*llocks.

Ask my great grandparents who moved from Ireland to Denaby to work in the pits because there was no work in Ireland.

Or my father-in-law who moved from Italy to London in the 1970s because there were no jobs for him at home as a research chemist.

Or the Auf Wiedersehn Pet generation who found work in Germany when our economy collapsed.

Or the ex-employee  of mine that we had to release because of a downturn in work, who's just got a job in San Francisco.

You reckon that lot would have been happier staying in their own countries?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:14:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #640 on December 24, 2018, 01:34:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

There's be no NHS to speak of, but I'm sure at least you'd be happy even if no-one else was.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #641 on December 24, 2018, 02:17:24 pm by Iberian Red »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

Of course it's true. It's similar to bellends supporting teams from other cities that they have no connection to.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #642 on December 24, 2018, 04:02:00 pm by wilts rover »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

If everybody had stayed where they were born - you would be black African.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #643 on December 24, 2018, 05:14:56 pm by drfchound »
Africa would also be really crowded.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #644 on December 24, 2018, 10:48:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
seeing as though it's xmas eve, here's a few pro-brexit posts from my local facebook page (who voted 66% for Brexit). They are in reply to a tweet by local MP Anna Turley, who tweeted:

I completely understand why people voted how they did. However the world‘s changed since 2016 & the reality of Brexit is v different to what was sold. Theyre owed the courtesy of confirming or not whether they want to proceed particularly when it will cost jobs & hit them hardest

Seems reasonable? Here's some responses on facebook:

"she,s a f**king idiot abbotts white twin"
"We voted it was a democratic vote? We voted her in in a democratic vote oh god i wish i could cbange my mind on my second vote the southern s***e"
"Again, if she says it's going to affect our area hardest, explain how, because I'm not seeing any actual facts. Just speculation."
"we should have voted Tory"
"don.t listen to the propaganda"
"What a crock of utter shite !! A democratic vote has been done and that’s that . Dry your eyes you whingeing shit bags ."
"If you’re stupid enough to listen to all the scaremongering about leaving your probably prone to sending your money to a nice Nigerian man called Simon who contacted you via email to let you know your about to become very rich ."
"Don’t listen and believe the lies , investigate and research for yourself , Europe is terrified"
"Anna Turley doesn't know what democracy is"
"I do wish these people who we voted in stand by what we voted for and that means OUT I WILL NEVER EVER EVER VOTE LIEBOUR AGAIN !!!"

That last one made me chuckly - they probably think "re-moaner" is the funniest one liner too

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #645 on December 25, 2018, 07:43:32 am by Donnywolf »
There will be uproar if we have a second vote and it comes up Remain but the last Poll (of all Polls) I saw was :

56% Remain
44% Leave

Mrs Wolfie says we should have a Vote to see whether we want a Second Vote !

Quote from above

"What a crock of utter shite !! A democratic vote has been done and that’s that . Dry your eyes you whingeing shit bags ."

Not for the hundredth time I return to 1975 when roughly 8 times more of a Majority voted Remain* and the Politicians mainly from the same Party (but not exclusively) started immediately "whingeing" and trying to get their way despite the fact that - from above - " A Democratic vote had been done and thats that"

I realise 1975 was long before many current voters were born AND yes times have changed and I respect that but what I offer up is simply the same principle. It suits those above now but cant they see that whatever the issues then it has to be the same principle - they cant have it both ways ! Are they out now trying to prevent a Second Referendum on Scottish Independence for example as the Majority there said (in a once in a generation Referndum) Stay as we are . I doubt it
Remain 66% Leave 34% Majority 32%

Leave 52% Remain 48% Majority 4%

Interesting that 17.4 million voted Leave in 2016 and 17.2 Million voted Remain in 1975 though the numbers to Leave in 75 were only about 8 million and the Remain in 16 were almost twice as high
Interesting that (all figures approx)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:41:27 pm by Donnywolf »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #646 on December 26, 2018, 12:27:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
seeing as though it's xmas eve, here's a few pro-brexit posts from my local facebook page (who voted 66% for Brexit). They are in reply to a tweet by local MP Anna Turley, who tweeted:

I completely understand why people voted how they did. However the world‘s changed since 2016 & the reality of Brexit is v different to what was sold. Theyre owed the courtesy of confirming or not whether they want to proceed particularly when it will cost jobs & hit them hardest

Seems reasonable? Here's some responses on facebook:

"she,s a f**king idiot abbotts white twin"
"We voted it was a democratic vote? We voted her in in a democratic vote oh god i wish i could cbange my mind on my second vote the southern s***e"
"Again, if she says it's going to affect our area hardest, explain how, because I'm not seeing any actual facts. Just speculation."
"we should have voted Tory"
"don.t listen to the propaganda"
"If you’re stupid enough to listen to all the scaremongering about leaving your probably prone to sending your money to a nice Nigerian man called Simon who contacted you via email to let you know your about to become very rich ."
"Don’t listen and believe the lies , investigate and research for yourself , Europe is terrified"
"Anna Turley doesn't know what democracy is"
"I do wish these people who we voted in stand by what we voted for and that means OUT I WILL NEVER EVER EVER VOTE LIEBOUR AGAIN !!!"

That last one made me chuckly - they probably think "re-moaner" is the funniest one liner too

Whereabouts in Redcar are you?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #647 on December 27, 2018, 08:38:41 am by Axholme Lion »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

What a load of old b*llocks.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #648 on December 27, 2018, 08:52:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

Of course it is, that's where homo sapiens came from. You'd still be in the Neander Valley.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #649 on December 27, 2018, 09:17:07 am by Axholme Lion »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

Of course it is, that's where homo sapiens came from. You'd still be in the Neander Valley.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

Do try and keep up old boy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #650 on December 27, 2018, 09:36:21 am by Glyn_Wigley »
IDM

Face
Palm

True though aint it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

Do try and keep up old boy.

If you actually read the article and not just the headline, you'll notice it's talking about an ancestor of man, not Homo Sapiens itself. Homo Sapiens appeared about 300,00 years ago, not 7+ million years ago. It's more likely to be the ancestor of Neanderthal Man. Do try and keep up old boy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:42:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #651 on December 27, 2018, 10:30:00 am by Axholme Lion »
Nothing wrong with Neanderthal man. He got screwed over by the foreigners.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #652 on December 27, 2018, 01:35:55 pm by RedJ »
Nothing wrong with Neanderthal man. He got screwed over by the foreigners.

Why, what did they do to you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #653 on December 27, 2018, 02:18:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In that particular case, the "foreigners" were more intelligent, better organised and more ruthlessly competitive. Not sure what AL's point is.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #654 on December 27, 2018, 03:26:52 pm by Axholme Lion »
In that particular case, the "foreigners" were more intelligent, better organised and more ruthlessly competitive. Not sure what AL's point is.

Winding people up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #655 on December 27, 2018, 07:18:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ah.

Then that's doubly sad.

1) Being a wind up merchant.
2) Not being very good at it.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #656 on December 28, 2018, 08:49:44 am by Axholme Lion »
Ah.

Then that's doubly sad.

1) Being a wind up merchant.
2) Not being very good at it.

I don't know I think I can push a few of the right buttons on here most of the time.

All the same have a happy new year.  :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #657 on December 28, 2018, 09:27:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
The right buttons or the left knobs?  ;)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #658 on December 28, 2018, 05:20:49 pm by Iberian Red »
The right buttons or the left knobs?  ;)

There's a huge knob in the middle that can just about get sanctimonious prick on it.
Did you somehow manage to overlook that one?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #659 on December 28, 2018, 09:05:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It appears that you didn't. Have you been stalking me in the shower now?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012