Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:11:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps Legends match  (Read 2893 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Copps Legends match
« on March 25, 2015, 10:01:41 pm by RedRover45 »
James Coppinger. Legend for the club. Undeniable. An absolute gent and ambassador with stardust in his boots at times.
But........
All this talk and hyperbole about selling out the stadium.

Let's be honest, it's not going to happen is it.a couple of dozen Rovers greats from the past decade or so, who it will be great to see, and then a local pop star who will provide an entourage of fans.
But in my humble opinion, there'll be no more than 5000 fans there, not the 15000 they're anticipating. Hope James has a great day though, he really deserves it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Copps Legends match
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2015, 10:45:26 pm by LincsRover »
+ at least 5000 1ders! Ok, not fans but they're all paying full price for tickets (well, their parents are anyway!)

:santa:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2015, 11:10:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
not sure what your point is? Who actually said they think they'll sell out the stadium?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2015, 12:01:11 am by coventryrover »
James Coppinger. Legend for the club. Undeniable. An absolute gent and ambassador with stardust in his boots at times.
But........
All this talk and hyperbole about selling out the stadium.

Let's be honest, it's not going to happen is it.a couple of dozen Rovers greats from the past decade or so, who it will be great to see, and then a local pop star who will provide an entourage of fans.
But in my humble opinion, there'll be no more than 5000 fans there, not the 15000 they're anticipating. Hope James has a great day though, he really deserves it.

cheers for sharing

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2015, 07:13:27 am by RedRover45 »
not sure what your point is? Who actually said they think they'll sell out the stadium?

In the advertising for the game, it says buy your ticket before it sells out, and the fact it was on sale to Rovers fans before being advertised to 1D fans.
Very laudable sentiments but my point is let's not kid ourself that there's the remotest chance of selling out when there will be only 5000 max here.
As I said though, Copps deserves every penny he gets but hope he isn't too disappointed if he believes the sell out hype.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:15:38 am by RedRover45 »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2015, 09:37:20 am by Jenny »
Would you rather them say 'buy your ticket now because we haven't sold many'?

I would be surprised if they truly believed the game would get close to selling out, you only have to look at how many attended the reserves game he played in at a significantly reduced cost to see that not as many screaming girls are willing to watch football for a quick fix of their idol....

However, they still have to market the game in a positive manner, which they are doing.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2015, 12:14:58 pm by rtid88 »
Personally im as giddy as a kipper for this game, think it will be a truely great occasion that any Rovers fan from the past 10 years should be attending, not only to support Copps but to show your appreciation to the players that have helped this club be so great over that same time period!!  :rtid:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:47:59 am by rtid88 »

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2015, 12:47:34 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Personally im as giddy as a kipper for this game, think it will be a truely great occassion that any Rovers fan from the past 10 years should be attending, not only to support Copps but to show your appreciation to the players that have helped this club be so great over that same time period!!  :rtid:

Thats why I am flying home, between 2002 and 2008 (when I left Doncaster) were some of the happiest times I had in my childhood due to these players. Cant wait to see them again.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2015, 12:48:59 pm by bpoolrover »
While I agree rtid,you would hope that any rovers fan would watch everyweek where possible,sadly won't happen

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2015, 12:57:21 pm by Jenny »
Personally im as giddy as a kipper for this game, think it will be a truely great occassion that any Rovers fan from the past 10 years should be attending, not only to support Copps but to show your appreciation to the players that have helped this club be so great over that same time period!!  :rtid:

Thats why I am flying home, between 2002 and 2008 (when I left Doncaster) were some of the happiest times I had in my childhood due to these players. Cant wait to see them again.

This. Aside from I am not flying from Geneva, I'll just be driving over from Leeds!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2015, 04:04:19 pm by Al4475 »
Agree 100% rtid88 - and tho copps has never quite been my all time favourite player in his time here - he has always been up there among the best! He is likely to become our all time record appearance maker, has given us some fantastic moments, been a total legend and is a thoroughly top bloke - he deserves the ultimate reward over the remainder of this season for his time with us! I'm sure he'll appreciate fully whatever support he gets!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2015, 02:18:21 pm by Yargo »
Louis just tweeted that he's playing in this match,the Coppinger site has crashed :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012