Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:55:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Primo  (Read 2535 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Primo
« on July 22, 2012, 08:35:08 pm by Draytonian III »
I didn`t go to Bradford P A on Saturday,just wondered if Primo was still involved there ,kit man I think

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Primo
« Reply #1 on July 22, 2012, 08:41:50 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Talking of kit men, have we still got that idiot who looks like John Parr with us next season? I swear he looks as though he's about to burst into a tune of St Elmo's Fire at any given moment.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 22, 2012, 08:49:04 pm by Draytonian III »
Talking of kit men, have we still got that idiot who looks like John Parr with us next season? I swear he looks as though he's about to burst into a tune of St Elmo's Fire at any given moment.
He reminds me of Nick Frisbee /Brian Conley

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 22, 2012, 10:55:29 pm by BobG »
Primo Levi? If This is a Man?

BobG

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2012, 12:18:36 pm by retford rover »
yes dave  Primo was still the kitman on saturday  has not changed much  gut got a bit bigger but thats life,  had a good chat with him   ,,  even naming a stand after mad ronnie there famous fan (besides Joh Helm)  says crowd was only 268 ish   looked more there, although only have one stand..

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2012, 12:32:13 pm by The Beast »
Primo? Former Dons kitman and terrible referee???

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2012, 12:33:04 pm by RobTheRover »
Mad Ronnie is my favourite football supporter ever.  His outbursts put anyhing any Donny wag has ever uttered into the shade.  Didnt get there on saturday, Paul, so is he still going?

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2012, 12:45:25 pm by retford rover »
no mate he has passed on to them terraces in the sky.
and yes he was the dons kit man and i beleive a ref, used to run coaches to games in the 80's   from then Tally Ho........ :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2012, 12:55:00 pm by RobTheRover »
Very sorry to hear that Paul.  I firmly believe football needs less Platinis and Blatters and more Mad Ronnies.

Thanks for the update, pal.

Edit : for those who have never been blessed with Ronnie's company, see this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Owic_vepI
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:58:01 pm by RobTheRover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2012, 03:20:04 pm by NickDRFC »
Very sorry to hear that Paul.  I firmly believe football needs less Platinis and Blatters and more Mad Ronnies.

Thanks for the update, pal.

Edit : for those who have never been blessed with Ronnie's company, see this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Owic_vepI

I'm not sure there's that much difference beyween the incoherent ramblings of the blatters and the platinis of this worldand the incoherent ramblings of that guy!

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2012, 03:40:06 pm by TheRev »
I still see him some mornings at Donny train station waiting for the Leeds train, on his way to Bradford.
I used to travel on his coaches in the 80's. Always good for a laugh.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2012, 03:44:34 pm by STABNASTY »
Dave 'Primo' Wilson was a regular in the Winning Post for many years and still lives just up the road. Went on numerous buses he ran in the 80's. Remember going to Blackpool on a Tuesday night with 11 of us on a 54 seater. Seem to recall Glen Humphries getting sent off that night.
Packed in at Rovers when Wignall said he had to travel with team to a game that clashed with a Dons match on New Years Day. He had been with the Dons longer so stayed with them.
I remember him going to an away game with the Dons second team and the team was short of players. Primo was asked if he fancied a game so they put him on the wing out of the way. His name on the team sheet was PRIMO KITMAN hence the reason the opposition thought he was a south sea islander and duly flattened him in the 1st 10 minutes and he was stretchered off. When it was explained to them that he was actually Primo the Kitman the oppostion had a whip round for him after the game

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2012, 11:32:32 pm by jonrover »
Aye, it happened at whitehaven...can remember mark roache telling me about it years ago. Still can't believe old roachey passed away and in such an awful manner.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012