Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:11:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Support  (Read 2539 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Support
« on May 12, 2019, 03:15:52 pm by WheatleyRover »
Great atmosphere today inside The Keepmoat, the roar from around the ground at kick-off, especially when we finally got our goal, then staying, singing and clapping the lads at the end, fantastic effort today.

Well done Rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Support
« Reply #1 on May 12, 2019, 03:29:41 pm by drfchound »
It was very quiet for most of the second half but I will give lots of credit to the singing section lads who did try to get stuff started.
Not many seemed interested in joining in though.
Obviously after the goal it ramped up a lot.
A shame really that we couldn’t have got the goal a bit earlier.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2019, 03:31:17 pm by Filo »
It was very quiet for most of the second half but I will give lots of credit to the singing section lads who did try to get stuff started.
Not many seemed interested in joining in though.
Obviously after the goal it ramped up a lot.
A shame really that we couldn’t have got the goal a bit earlier.

To be fair, apart from the goal and afterwards there was n’t much to cheer about second half

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2019, 03:52:18 pm by GazLaz »
Poor attendance and very quiet bar the last 5 minutes. Not worth going on about it though. Everyone knows we are poorly supported and our fans are very quiet most of the time.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2019, 03:55:24 pm by WheatleyRover »
They even mentioned on the radio it was a good atmosphere on the way back, Charlton were poor for the numbers they brought, wasn't impressed with them at all.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 03:59:33 pm by WheatleyRover »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2019, 03:57:10 pm by pib »
They even mentioned on the radio it was a good atmosphere on the way back, Charlton were poor for the numbers they brought, wasn't inpressed with them at all.

Not sure what game you were at. Thought their fans were very good.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 12, 2019, 03:58:14 pm by WheatleyRover »
Didn't sound loud from the East Stand towards the South

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 12, 2019, 03:59:50 pm by Retdon1 »
They even mentioned on the radio it was a good atmosphere on the way back, Charlton were poor for the numbers they brought, wasn't inpressed with them at all.

I thought they were loudest away fans I’ve seen at Keepmoat for a long time

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 12, 2019, 04:01:49 pm by Donnywolf »

I would have to vote with you. I sit right on half way and their fans barely shut up for the whole game

Really loud - though some of the songs were lost on me

South Stand was also good when they cracked up but of course they were outnumbered as it looked like at 3782 Charlton fans were singing and maybe 1000 to 1500 in SS.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 12, 2019, 04:02:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
They were loud enough on the telly. Less than Palace. Though I'm sure the TV folks had the mics turned up at their end.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 12, 2019, 04:06:52 pm by Campsall rover »
The gate was incorrect had to be 13.100
Told in the ticket office we only had 1.000 left yesterday morning..
Something wrong somewhere?
For a start Charlton had 1.600 more than Coventry so don’t tell me we had well over 3.000 less home fans today than last week.
Not on your nelly did we.
Figure given incorrectly I am thinking. ;)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 12, 2019, 04:56:03 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
I think the Black Banks noise today was very poor. Nothing in the way of noise even at 0-0. As for Charlton very good support. We have to concede we have a quiet support at home regardless of the importance of the match.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 12, 2019, 04:58:45 pm by redarmy82 »
We just don't have the same level of passionate support as othetr clubs.

Charlton's supporters, amongst others this season all stood, and sang, every one of them.

If all our supporters did that, the forum would be in meltdown with people moaning about those doing it.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 12, 2019, 05:05:32 pm by StocktonRover »
For a start Charlton had 1.600 more than Coventry so don’t tell me we had well over 3.000 less home fans today than last week.
Figure given incorrectly I am thinking.

Crowd figure was absolutely spot on. Don’t forget that it goes into a pot and is shared out equally 😏

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 12, 2019, 05:07:11 pm by Campsall rover »
Figure given incorrectly I am thinking.

Crowd figure was absolutely spot on. Don’t forget that it goes into a pot and is shared out equally 😏
How was it correct. Please explain.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 12, 2019, 05:08:40 pm by selby »
  There is nothing wrong with our support, we are not in as large a numbers as other clubs, that is just the way it is , but today's home crowd is probably 4 times larger than in 2000, where as other teams, Charlton are one, who have lost more fans than we have gained over the same period.
   Most of the Championship sides who have been in the premiership have lost numbers on their average gates in the same time period.
  We have built up our core support all this century, and for the level we play at, we have done well, and we must have had one of our best seasons income wise for a few years.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 12, 2019, 05:11:30 pm by Donnywolf »
Figure given incorrectly I am thinking. ;)

We generally have the Stadium plan and v Coventry I had tracked sales (as I do a match by match Comp) and had the Gate v them as 11100 including them. Coventry fans were almost as per their allocation.

Looking as the game started I thought I was a couple of hundred short - and was amazed that the Gate was given as 12784 I think it was

Today I tracked the sales till they were taken down at 9am - and again had 11150. If we had sold all our Seats and they brought 3782 that would have been 12552.

I bottled my prediction and thought I had learned my lesson from last week and so went 12800 . The gate came in 11140 so I should have stuck !

So I think todays Gate was very very close to the people in and last weeks was the "misprint" imo

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 12, 2019, 05:28:45 pm by Spilsby Red »
Our support is great. Why do people keep banging on about it. What’s it matter how many are there.
I was there when only a few hundred turned up in the dark days of Richardson. So we have come a long way in many ways. Team, stadium, support, owners and all staff.
Stop beating these drums about bad support.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 12, 2019, 05:43:19 pm by graingrover »
there were 12000 less at Sunderland than usual most likely the effect of live TV coverage

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 12, 2019, 06:01:21 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Some people will find anything to complain about. We get 10k, we should have 13k, we sing for 40 mins we should sing for 45 mins. It’s all a bit silly

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 12, 2019, 06:08:03 pm by NewDonny »
Thought the atmosphere at the Keepmoat today was the best I had witnessed since starting to go there mid part through this season. Better than any other home game that I have been to so far, thats for sure. I thought both sets of fans were excellent, Charlton by far and away the loudest away fans I have seen and heard.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012