Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:59:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Match Today ?  (Read 1288 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Match Today ?
« on September 03, 2011, 12:36:00 pm by philsky »
im off to the premin round of the fa cup.

Tier 10 cockfosters vs tier 8 redbridge

humdinger !

TRID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Match Today ?
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2011, 12:37:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Armthorpe v Brigg in the cup for me today, Leo hat trick anyone?

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2011, 12:44:48 pm by retford rover »
Retford United  V  Bridlington  for me

followed by footiwe quiz in bar afterwards....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 04, 2011, 08:58:32 am by idler »
I did Thackley reserves v Eccleshill United reserves.
7-1 to Thackley. Apint in the clubhouse before the game, at halt time and one after,
Black Sheep in the clubhouse, if onle the Keepmoat had decent ale with the profits going to the club.
:scarf:

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2011, 09:04:32 am by coventryrover »
not far from me idler.

i did Guiseley vs vauxhall (4-1) plus the cricket on then pitch next door.  once the little man was dropped off i returned to the cricket cradling some Wharfbank ale.  indeed if only the kms had a choice of ales to match what was offered to the cricket/footy fans yesterday (timothy taylor, 2 x wharfbank ales)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2011, 09:56:41 am by idler »
I used to be a team member of Guiseley Cricket Club's sports quiz team back in the 90s.
We got to the final about 5 years running but only managed to win 1.
We lost by a point one year and two points another.
Eagle Star usually won but they were far more committed than we were.
Gary McAllister presented the prizes one year, he was a very decent bloke.:scarf:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2011, 10:44:47 am by glosterred »
Quote from: \"philsky\" post=180706
im off to the premin round of the fa cup.

Tier 10 cockfosters vs tier 8 redbridge

humdinger !

TRID

Whats TRID stand for?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 04, 2011, 10:57:04 am by The Red Baron »
Didn't manage to see any footy as the Warwicks v Yorkshire game carried on till around 5pm, at which point they came off for bad light. They seemed to be trying to set up a finish, but IMO Yorkshire cooked their own goose by delaying the declaration too long. 310 of 90 overs would have forced Warwicks to go for it: as it was they were able to take the draw knowing that two wins from the last two will seal the County Championship.

The Moors lost again, though, 1-2 to second-bottom Hinckley. Played 6 Lost 6. Maybe I've put the hex on them!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2011, 11:15:29 am by VivaRovers »
It finished Askern Villa 0-1 Rossington Main in the big NCEL Doncastrian Derby

Rossington were much the better side, and probably would have romped away with it had an early goal not been wrongly ruled out for offside (Square ball for a man behind the player crossing it in. I was stood right behind the linesman's arm too, my yell of \"How on earth is that offside?\" was greeted with the explanatory reply of \"No, no, no, no\" from the official).

The referee added to the perculiar officialing late in the game when he failed to spot a blatant tug back on a Rossington player breaking through on goal, but was somehow eagle-eyed enough to see the white edges of the Rossington sub's cycling shorts just poking beyond the white trim of the Main kit. The ref duly made the player go over to the sidelines and take them off. Its not often you see players getting stark-naked from the waist down on the sidelines whilst the game carries on beside them. (Insert 'fingers crossed for the Belles game' joke here).

Anyway in the end Rossington couldn't add to their tally and ended up hanging on a bit at the end. Friendly club Askern, but a poor quality surface for that level of football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012