Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:51:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just Back - of a fashion  (Read 1464 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Just Back - of a fashion
« on September 17, 2011, 06:08:44 pm by philsky »
OK.

Ive been for a run and have calmed down. Here goes.

Credit to the fans throughout the first half; really kept things going.

Credit to Friend who was awesome today; in fact, one tackle in the first half was almost impossible to complete but he managed it. Also some praise to JOC and Copps for trying to get something going.

Otherwise, I am at a complete loss to understand what we were trying to do. In fact, we were lumping the ball - some of teh stuff on show was Billy Smarts Circus.

Martis is either unfit or past it; probably a nice guy but he was a passenger and with Readings pace..ffs.....and it didnt take long for Reading to work that out.

Likewise Sullivan; simply cant kick a ball now.

The match was crying out for a back 5, a la Cardiff first half. We were overun in midfield and some width and support from Spurr and Muzzy would have helped for sure.

The back three (given the pace of Reading, im not a football genuis but ffs) of Hurd, JOC and Friend was obvious, wasnt it ?

Barnes....useless.

Copps, Oster and Stock (bring him on for the 12 minutes eh....ffs.......) and the Chelsea lad across midfield and Hayter up front.

We need inspiration, perspiration and someone telling the lads what to feckin do !!

Im sorry, but hands in pockets doesnt work for me !

Im done. Literally

I last saw a victory in November. Bleeding November.

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Just Back - of a fashion
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2011, 06:14:37 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"philsky\" post=182950
OK.

Ive been for a run and have calmed down. Here goes.

Credit to the fans throughout the first half; really kept things going.

Credit to Friend who was awesome today; in fact, one tackle in the first half was almost impossible to complete but he managed it. Also some praise to JOC and Copps for trying to get something going.

Otherwise, I am at a complete loss to understand what we were trying to do. In fact, we were lumping the ball - some of teh stuff on show was Billy Smarts Circus.

Martis is either unfit or past it; probably a nice guy but he was a passenger and with Readings pace..ffs.....and it didnt take long for Reading to work that out.

Likewise Sullivan; simply cant kick a ball now.

The match was crying out for a back 5, a la Cardiff first half. We were overun in midfield and some width and support from Spurr and Muzzy would have helped for sure.

The back three (given the pace of Reading, im not a football genuis but ffs) of Hurd, JOC and Friend was obvious, wasnt it ?

Barnes....useless.

Copps, Oster and Stock (bring him on for the 12 minutes eh....ffs.......) and the Chelsea lad across midfield and Hayter up front.

We need inspiration, perspiration and someone telling the lads what to feckin do !!

Im sorry, but hands in pockets doesnt work for me !

Im done. Literally

I last saw a victory in November. Bleeding November.

RTID

You, of course, mean Sir Douglas Hurd don't you. You can't possibly mean Sam Hird as that would be ridiculous.

Also. What effect do you think the Rovers fans had on the game? Some people like to think that cheering makes teams win. IF that is the case, what went wrong today?

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2011, 06:19:34 pm by philsky »
I stand by what I said as its how I see it. Hird vs Martis.........somat vs nowt...at least Hird can run a bit and i wouldnt shite myself everytime a sprint was needed !

The fans you say; it was like Rawkes Drift; we'll support but we're pretty outnumbered and its going to go wrong.....however, SOD is not Michael Caine !!

RTID

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2011, 06:38:54 pm by grayx »
By the sounds of it everyone who wasted their time & money going today deserve a refund. Can't believe a team can go a full half without a single attempt at goal. Sorry SO'D, but thats a disgrace.
Seems pretty obvious to me that a majority of the squad have lost faith in their leader & are as pissed off as us fans. The difference being they're still getting a bloody good wage. Really pissed off right now & seriously thinking if someone has a hidden agenda.
How much would the stadiums value depreciate following relegation?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2011, 07:25:08 pm by DRFCSouth »
I was left a bit surprised by todays performance. The team of even the first year in  the championship has disappeared in terms of its passing game. Up until the point of the first goal, it was almost like they were wasting time on the basis that they would take a 0-0 instead of having a go. This often involved Sully taking far too long over goal kicks (always looking for the short one) and O'Connor taking an eternity over throw ins. If thats the way things are going we are scraping the barrel. Friend had a good game, the only down side to him is his pace, leaving him having to make last ditch sliding tackles far too often. I also thought Church had the measure of both centre halves, consistently out battling them. I think Spurr is distinctly average, lacks a bit of imagination and I would question the fee paid for him. I actually thought things improved when Stocky and Hird came on. Maybe that was due to Reading taking their foot off the pedal, I don't know. Overall, there were not many positives to take from the game, a miserable afternoons weather to accompany a lacking in all departments performance.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #5 on September 17, 2011, 08:05:57 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=182968
By the sounds of it everyone who wasted their time & money going today deserve a refund. Can't believe a team can go a full half without a single attempt at goal. Sorry SO'D, but thats a disgrace.
Seems pretty obvious to me that a majority of the squad have lost faith in their leader & are as pissed off as us fans. The difference being they're still getting a bloody good wage. Really pissed off right now & seriously thinking if someone has a hidden agenda.
How much would the stadiums value depreciate following relegation?

Just noticed this...

It wouldn't as far as I can tell, it's not a club asset.

If  you rented your house it wouldn't depreciate in value because you had to take a job at a lower level would it ?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2011, 10:05:22 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"philsky\" post=182959
I stand by what I said as its how I see it. Hird vs Martis.........somat vs nowt...at least Hird can run a bit and i wouldnt shite myself everytime a sprint was needed !

The fans you say; it was like Rawkes Drift; we'll support but we're pretty outnumbered and its going to go wrong.....however, SOD is not Michael Caine !!

RTID

do you mean rorkes?

pedantic dave strikes again! B)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012