Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:19:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LEEDS AWAY  (Read 5452 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
LEEDS AWAY
« on January 16, 2012, 08:02:17 pm by philsky »
Exiles.

Anyone travelling by train. Me and my lad are thinking about it.

If so, please let me know the time of teh departure to coordinate

Thnx

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Re: LEEDS AWAY
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2012, 08:03:55 pm by Spankster »
@ £36? errrrrrr.....I don't think so

Greedy barstewards :sick:

Hertfordshire Red

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2012, 08:12:32 pm by Hertfordshire Red »
Philsky I will probably travelling up from Stevenage not sure what train yet.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2012, 08:16:05 pm by hoolahoop »
Not doing this one ......Smurf is NOT getting my money. !

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2012, 08:21:26 pm by andysly »
Hate to say I'm drawing the line at giving that lot £36

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2012, 08:32:58 pm by silent majority »
Same here.

Would love to go, not at £36 though, and not in that crappy west stand.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2012, 08:57:12 pm by DaveDRFC »
Elland Road is one of the few grounds in this league I've not been to, always been working when we've played there in the past. I'm off this time round and will even be in Leeds as I'm off to a gig on the Friday night and staying over. But £36 for a 2nd tier game of football, come on! Will be another season of me not visiting the place I'm afraid, better things to spend that sort of cash on!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2012, 09:04:01 pm by ditch_drfc »
Same for me. I moved to Leeds before the start of this season and had it down as a great opportunity for me to watch rovers in Leeds and show support for the lads without having to travel. But for 36 quid they can forget it. Appalling price that is! Disgusting that they can charge so much

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2012, 09:26:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Be interesting to know how many go to West Ham at £32, but not Leeds.

Ticking a ground off seems more important to some people.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2012, 09:47:01 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Train tickets already bought for West Ham, never been and probably might not get chance for years unless cup game, Leeds is a shithole,Ken Bates is a robbing Kitson and you have to scrub yourself clean after visiting leeds, so West ham anytime over that hell hole just up the M62

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2012, 10:17:29 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=213020

Didn't we have all this when Barnsley wanted to charge us £30

I didn't get to Leeds away last season, I had something else planned in advance and although going to Leeds would be more \"ticking a ground off\" I'm not prepared to pay £36.

as I've been to Upton Park before but I am planning to go to the West Ham game

If I could I'd go to ALL away games but money and work prevent me getting to some

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2012, 10:24:49 pm by MrFrost »

Good point, and probably a reason as to why our away support as declines massively and has become so crap.

Just looking at some YouTube videos, it isn't that many years since we regularly took 2000 to many away games, and stood and sang for the entire game. What's changed?

I reckon we'll take 500 most to Elland Road. Obviously the price is shocking, but I reckon more than twice that will go to Upton Park.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2012, 02:06:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213035

Good point, and probably a reason as to why our away support as declines massively and has become so crap.

Just looking at some YouTube videos, it isn't that many years since we regularly took 2000 to many away games, and stood and sang for the entire game. What's changed?

I reckon we'll take 500 most to Elland Road. Obviously the price is shocking, but I reckon more than twice that will go to Upton Park.

All for the ST this season so saving up already! Away days just a bonus esepcially when you have wife and two kids!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2012, 02:32:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'll be going to both most likely.  Already got W Ham train tickets our group at £22 return so we'll all be going.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2012, 07:23:05 pm by bobjimwilly »
I had the choice between West Ham and Leeds, I would go to West Ham for the following reasons:

Nicer ground
Might not be in the same league as them for years after this season
Not owned by Captain Birdseye
Never been before

Oh, and it's not Elland Road... :scarf:

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2012, 08:42:47 pm by ditch_drfc »

So what if people want to go West Ham and not Leeds, at £36 quid I'd rather spend a day and my money going to a ground I've never been to and probably won't get to go to for years to come, than sit in Elland Road, surrounded by Leeds fans!

Saying that, i really want to go to the Leeds match. But it's far too over priced!

P.s i'm not going WH either... same reason

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2012, 08:51:42 pm by leedshayter »
Fcuk fish finger features not getting my hard earned!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2012, 08:56:40 pm by normal rules »
Two st holders from lincs not going. This is not down to the price but the price hike. It was  not long ago when i paid £20 for me and fiver for my lad at er. (the day stocky scored). I cannot believe the hike in price in just a few seasons - it cannot be justified and i know it is pissing the leeds fans off as they too are being priced away from er. They are not happy about away fans being shoved in the crappest part of the ground and being charged top dollar for the pleasure.
Just to scupper the argument about not going to leeds but going to west ham etc etc - I would expect to pay 30 quid plus for a London based ex top flight club so its not such a big pill to swallow.

Its a shame a similar arrangement could not be made between rovers and leeds as occurred with Barnsley when a mutual reduced price was sorted.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2012, 09:19:45 pm by Muttley »
Quote from: \"normal rules\" post=213195

Its a shame a similar arrangement could not be made between rovers and leeds as occurred with Barnsley when a mutual reduced price was sorted.

Unfortunately not really in DRFC's interest when they knew they could sell 5000 tickets (or whatever it was) to Leeds fans at full whack - £25k+ extra in the bank

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2012, 09:57:10 pm by MrFrost »
It will be interesting to compare the numbers going to Forest, and then to West Ham the following week. If we are in a similar position, Forest will be the far bigger game, and the game we most need to get something from. I wonder if our fans will see that, or if they are more interested in ground hopping.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2012, 10:12:05 pm by andysly »
Forest is another rip off club. Worse seating/view than bellend road.
Was ok a few seasons back when we had top tier but it was like watching game through a letter box last time. At least away fans at KM can watch the match properly

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2012, 10:20:20 pm by MrFrost »
When did we have the top tier? Every time I have been we have been on the bottom.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2012, 10:32:08 pm by VixDRFC »
OK if you can't go to every away game how do you pick and choose the ones you go to? With me I'm very limited for Tuesday nights. The furthest Ive been able to do in past seasons is Sheffield/Barnsley because of work. I can't pick and choose when I take time off and though I can swap shifts it only gives me a couple of hours leeway at best. I might manage Hull and Forest but my partner might not (again because of work)

I'll be honest I'd like to do Leeds away but if its a choice between them or a day in London, £20 return fares and an ex-prem team its not a massive decision

Mind you I'm the numpty who still goes to Derby away and went back to Portsmouth so I guess I pick my away games when I have the funds to do so

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2012, 10:36:42 pm by MrFrost »
I can't see why anyone would choose the West Ham game over the Forest one (unless its for work, circumstances etc). It's a no brainer. The Forest game is potentially far bigger, and a lot more at stake.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2012, 11:53:17 pm by donnyallday »
OLD PISSY WHISKERS CAN WHISTLE.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2012, 12:30:53 am by DonnyRTID »
I really hate missing any game but Birdseye Bates charging £10 over the odds swings me against it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2012, 06:15:36 am by idler »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213210
I can't see why anyone would choose the West Ham game over the Forest one (unless its for work, circumstances etc). It's a no brainer. The Forest game is potentially far bigger, and a lot more at stake.

Mr Frost, your arguement might carry more weight if you hadn't in the past made a statement
saying that you preferred away games to home games and were condidering just attending away fixtures.
That really helps the club financially doesn't it.
I cover over 2,000 milesw a season just attending home games.
I have been to every championship ground except Birmingham and Cardiff's new one and as my partner has no
interest in football choose my away games as grounds not visited.
The only one this season will be Southampton away for the week-end, and I did go there last time.
Elland road is 15 minutes from me and I pass it every time I come to a home game. I won't be going
but I hope this doesn't make me a bad fan in your eyes.:) :scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2012, 06:42:30 am by Mr1Croft »
£36 is not justifiable for any football game. I daresay this price puts the benaldo's off who pay over a £1000 over the season for their hospitality seats.

Is this another \"were Leeds United and everyone is falling over themselves to watch us\" kind of policy? Do they honestly think because they are such a big team (in their own deluded eyes) that fans will pay this?

What's worse is the amount of fans that consider Leeds our most fierce rivals and spend all season slagging them off on outlets such as twitter and Facebook but only 500 turn up to match...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 18, 2012, 08:54:07 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=213220
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213210

Mr Frost, your arguement might carry more weight if you hadn't in the past made a statement
saying that you preferred away games to home games and were condidering just attending away fixtures.
That really helps the club financially doesn't it.
I cover over 2,000 milesw a season just attending home games.
I have been to every championship ground except Birmingham and Cardiff's new one and as my partner has no
interest in football choose my away games as grounds not visited.
The only one this season will be Southampton away for the week-end, and I did go there last time.
Elland road is 15 minutes from me and I pass it every time I come to a home game. I won't be going
but I hope this doesn't make me a bad fan in your eyes.:) :scarf:

I never once said I was considering only attending away games. For the record, I have only missed 3 league games at home since the Keepmoat opened. I have said I find attending away games more enjoyable, an opinion I reckon is shared by a majority.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2012, 09:23:54 am by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=213222
£36 is not justifiable for any football game. I daresay this price puts the benaldo's off who pay over a £1000 over the season for their hospitality seats.
Is this another \"were Leeds United and everyone is falling over themselves to watch us\" kind of policy? Do they honestly think because they are such a big team (in their own deluded eyes) that fans will pay this?

What's worse is the amount of fans that consider Leeds our most fierce rivals and spend all season slagging them off on outlets such as twitter and Facebook but only 500 turn up to match...

Correct. It's a ridiculous and cynical price. I'd rather not go than pay that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012