Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:21:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LEEDS AWAY  (Read 5451 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: LEEDS AWAY
« Reply #30 on January 18, 2012, 10:47:53 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213207
When did we have the top tier? Every time I have been we have been on the bottom.

Away fans don't go behind the goals anymore they are given seats In the west stand

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 18, 2012, 10:52:38 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=213244
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213207
When did we have the top tier? Every time I have been we have been on the bottom.

Away fans don't go behind the goals anymore they are given seats In the west stand

I was talking about Forest

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 18, 2012, 11:04:31 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213210
I can't see why anyone would choose the West Ham game over the Forest one (unless its for work, circumstances etc). It's a no brainer. The Forest game is potentially far bigger, and a lot more at stake.

I for one find it difficult to get to midweek games, although I do my darndest to get to home ones. If Forest was on a Saturday, I'd be there, but in this case I'll be going to West Ham.

As for which one is bigger, I think you'll find we get three points for winning either of them. ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 18, 2012, 11:09:42 am by hoolahoop »
How about getting all 6 from both , we owe them both a hiding. :)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 18, 2012, 11:40:10 am by ditch_drfc »
STFU about people wanting to go to west ham. What does it matter. If they can't go to all the games then they have to choose which games to go to. Toss up between seeing Rovers v West ham, which you might not see again for years, or Rovers v Forest which they've seen a million times already?

Can't hack this shit of i'm a better supporter than you, or you're a bad fan because you don't go to all the games! Get down off your high horse

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 18, 2012, 11:42:28 am by German Rover »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=213256
STFU about people wanting to go to west ham. What does it matter. If they can't go to all the games then they have to choose which games to go to. Toss up between seeing Rovers v West ham, which you might not see again for years, or Rovers v Forest which they've seen a million times already?

Can't hack this shit of i'm a better supporter than you, or you're a bad fan because you don't go to all the games! Get down off your high horse

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 18, 2012, 11:52:03 am by MrFrost »

My point was the Forest game has much more riding on it. A potential relegation 6 pointer. A game where the team will need our support - more so than West Ham. You're basically saying you'd prefer to go to West Ham because you haven't been before and because of the stadium etc - more so than supporting the team.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 18, 2012, 11:55:45 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213259

My point was the Forest game has much more riding on it. A potential relegation 6 pointer. A game where the team will need our support - more so than West Ham. You're basically saying you'd prefer to go to West Ham because you haven't been before and because of the stadium etc - more so than supporting the team.

Sheff Utd do one over 10 months.
It is tied to the electronic turnstyles they have. If you don't make your payment, your swipe card doesn't work.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 18, 2012, 12:19:05 pm by Jenny »
I won't be going to Leeds, I didn't last season either - as much as I love going to the football and supporting the club, I am not going to be held to ransom by ridiculous prices for a tier 2 match.

I don't care if it makes our support look piss poor, or if Leeds fans will laugh at us, at the end of the day its down to personal choice and I would rather spend the afternoon doing something else than paying £36 to shit in a shite stand at a shite ground watching the once champions of europe.....

Football is played on the pitch, you don't get points for how many fans you take. I find this whole obsession with away support, quite frankly, pathetic. Let people just go about supporting their team as they see fit without the need for berating them.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 18, 2012, 12:30:48 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Not going to Leeds or West Ham as I can't justify the expense.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 18, 2012, 12:32:12 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=213261
I won't be going to Leeds, I didn't last season either - as much as I love going to the football and supporting the club, I am not going to be held to ransom by ridiculous prices for a tier 2 match.

I don't care if it makes our support look piss poor, or if Leeds fans will laugh at us, at the end of the day its down to personal choice and I would rather spend the afternoon doing something else than paying £36 to shit in a shite stand at a shite ground watching the once champions of europe.....

Football is played on the pitch, you don't get points for how many fans you take. I find this whole obsession with away support, quite frankly, pathetic. Let people just go about supporting their team as they see fit without the need for berating them.

True to an extent, but the level of support who have does a lot to portray the image your club has. If we have any aspirations to survive at this level, then our support needs to be addressed. Okay, this is more geered towards our home attendances, but the apathy towards DRFC is evident even with away games. It's not so long ago we averaged nearly 2000 to an away game, when all the fans stood and sang for the whole game.
The vast majority of our \"fans\" are only interested in following us when we are doing well. Once the going gets tough, people cannot be bothered. I've never known a club with fans as fickle. Rest assured if we were at the top of the league, people wouldn't think twice about payong £36 to go and watch us at Leeds, or not go to Forest because we have been there before. The fact we are bottom is even more of a reason to go for me. The team need our support more than ever.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 18, 2012, 12:38:41 pm by BRMC_rover »
Im heading over from Manchester for it. I made the mistake of a drunken coin flip over christmas when I was back with the family. Determins where we sit due to a family divide. Heads we sit in the Donny end, tails we sit in the home end. The coin says im sitting with the weeds lot.

Wonder if il pay less for a home ticket?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 18, 2012, 12:47:17 pm by Jenny »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213263

True to an extent, but the level of support who have does a lot to portray the image your club has. If we have any aspirations to survive at this level, then our support needs to be addressed. Okay, this is more geered towards our home attendances, but the apathy towards DRFC is evident even with away games. It's not so long ago we averaged nearly 2000 to an away game, when all the fans stood and sang for the whole game.
The vast majority of our \"fans\" are only interested in following us when we are doing well. Once the going gets tough, people cannot be bothered. I've never known a club with fans as fickle. Rest assured if we were at the top of the league, people wouldn't think twice about payong £36 to go and watch us at Leeds, or not go to Forest because we have been there before. The fact we are bottom is even more of a reason to go for me. The team need our support more than ever.

But people will chose to do whatever they like - you cannot force someone to go and support a football club if they have no inclination to do so. Most football fans are fickle, most clubs suffer from a loss of support if they are struggling - its just a fact of life and we are no different to any other club in that respect.

You always get those who like to tick off new grounds - if that is their perogative then what is the problem with? You are moaning about people not going but then slagging off those who may have reasons to go that don't fit in with your 'ideal'.

My decision whether or not to go has no bearing on our league position whatsoever, its simply down to price. I can pay £36 for 90 minutes of 'entertainment' or I can go and visit some friends and have a cracking night out for not much more... I know what I prefer to do. I obviously, as you well know, have other reasons for avoiding games at Elland Road but it is pretty much down to value for money and it gives me none at all!

I never understand how people think slagging off the floating fans or potential fans helps the situation. There is so much of it on this forum and JR in the press is just as bad. If I didn't come and saw JR/You/Others slagging people off for not going, it wouldn't encourage me to buy a ticket, it would just give me more reasons to stay away.

Unless someone attends every game, home and away, they have no right to question others for not going - simply hypocritical - I believe you fall into that category too.....!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 18, 2012, 12:52:55 pm by Filo »
I would rather spend the afternoon doing something else than paying £36 to shit in a shite stand at a shite ground watching the once champions of europe.....

Why don`t you go to the toilet before you go? :thumbsup:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 18, 2012, 12:56:49 pm by vaya »
Dirty protest!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 18, 2012, 12:58:01 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=213266

But people will chose to do whatever they like - you cannot force someone to go and support a football club if they have no inclination to do so. Most football fans are fickle, most clubs suffer from a loss of support if they are struggling - its just a fact of life and we are no different to any other club in that respect.

You always get those who like to tick off new grounds - if that is their perogative then what is the problem with? You are moaning about people not going but then slagging off those who may have reasons to go that don't fit in with your 'ideal'.

My decision whether or not to go has no bearing on our league position whatsoever, its simply down to price. I can pay £36 for 90 minutes of 'entertainment' or I can go and visit some friends and have a cracking night out for not much more... I know what I prefer to do. I obviously, as you well know, have other reasons for avoiding games at Elland Road but it is pretty much down to value for money and it gives me none at all!

I never understand how people think slagging off the floating fans or potential fans helps the situation. There is so much of it on this forum and JR in the press is just as bad. If I didn't come and saw JR/You/Others slagging people off for not going, it wouldn't encourage me to buy a ticket, it would just give me more reasons to stay away.

Unless someone attends every game, home and away, they have no right to question others for not going - simply hypocritical - I believe you fall into that category too.....!!

I've never claimed to go to every game. But I do have a gripe with people who are simply more interested in ticking a ground off the list, rather than attending a potential relegation 6 pointer a few days earlier. As a supporter I cannot see the logic in it especially when it could have so much riding on it. But that's just me I guess.
I'd also argue our fans are more fickle than most, but i'd put that down to a new generation of fans only knowing success and who are quick to bail when the going gets tough.
Like I said, the level of support goes a long way in the image the club portrays. It is probably why we are seen as a laughing stock by many. I can see why JR gets so pissed off.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 18, 2012, 01:09:32 pm by Jenny »

I've never claimed to go to every game. But I do have a gripe with people who are simply more interested in ticking a ground off the list, rather than attending a potential relegation 6 pointer a few days earlier. As a supporter I cannot see the logic in it especially when it could have so much riding on it. But that's just me I guess.
I'd also argue our fans are more fickle than most, but i'd put that down to a new generation of fans only knowing success and who are quick to bail when the going gets tough.
Like I said, the level of support goes a long way in the image the club portrays. It is probably why we are seen as a laughing stock by many. I can see why JR gets so pissed off.

I would say that every game is a relegation 6 pointer at the minute. I wouldn't say that the Forest game is any more important than the West Ham game, we need to be getting something from both. No point in beating Forest and going above them if we then just lose to West Ham and find ourselves in the same position. If fans would prefer to go to West Ham, that is their perogative.... I honestly don't think there will be that much discrepancy in the attendances (and to be honest, I really don't care).

I don't think we are any more fickle than the next club, its just that its more noticable when you are dealing with smaller numbers. You can't grow a core fanbase overnight and you will always have people who want to jump on the coat tails when things are going well - we seem to discourage this by slagging off anyone who wasn't supporting the club a decade ago, or who doesn't attend every game...

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 18, 2012, 03:33:51 pm by hoolahoop »
Your last paragraph says it all Jenny and I totally agree with you. Frosty you have lost your sense of perspective on this issue ffs let it drop will you.
Has it not occurred to you that some folk haven't managed a holiday this last year and might just want to tie this game up with a weekend in the capital for a change. :headbang:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 18, 2012, 04:06:51 pm by Mr1Croft »
I can see where both Frosty and Jenny are coming from and I agree with both to an extent. It amazed me how season on season the number of fans we have taken to the same ground declines. For that reason I have to say Frosty is right when he talks about fans whose intentions are to tick off grounds.

But everyone has a choice, and people are too quick to forget this, I prefer away games much better than home matches but yet its too easy for fans like myself to be un the firing line of \"your not doing the club any favours your money is going to our competition rather than DRFC\" but that never stopped over 2,000 going to watch us play Newcastle; the first away game I had to miss despite attending the 25 away games before and every away game after that season. I was pretty hacked off but I should have been a season ticket holder. But again it is about peoples choice and at the end of the day it is support for our club, if people choose to go to West Ham rather than Leeds or Forest then it is their choice and we shouldn't question or abuse that...

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 18, 2012, 07:42:47 pm by benaldo »
To be honest Mr1croft, it's actually not about \"being easy in the firing line\" it's a fact. If you can't afford to go to every game and only pick away ones to go to, you're actually not really helping your club at all are you?

It's not a cheering contest, or a singing contest, or a fighting contest, or a passion contest, and as far as I'm aware 3 points aren't decided on the quality of the drumming either? I'm sure the board would back me when I suggest that if money's tight, please try to spend what little you do on football in Rovers coffers, not the competitors.

Yet again, the emotional clap trap is putting a skewed view on a really simple concept. I'm sure I haven't seen any evidence at all of an away crowd at the KM influencing their team and I'm sure the same can be said for Rovers away. Cheering doesn't matter. Money does.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 18, 2012, 07:48:27 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=213345
To be honest Mr1croft, it's actually not about \"being easy in the firing line\" it's a fact. If you can't afford to go to every game and only pick away ones to go to, you're actually not really helping your club at all are you?

It's not a cheering contest, or a singing contest, or a fighting contest, or a passion contest, and as far as I'm aware 3 points aren't decided on the quality of the drumming either? I'm sure the board would back me when I suggest that if money's tight, please try to spend what little you do on football in Rovers coffers, not the competitors.

Yet again, the emotional clap trap is putting a skewed view on a really simple concept. I'm sure I haven't seen any evidence at all of an away crowd at the KM influencing their team and I'm sure the same can be said for Rovers away. Cheering doesn't matter. Money does.

Still, I guess you could bring in the whole match experience argument - better atmosphere might (in most cases, I'd assume - notice the word assume) equal a better time at the match.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 18, 2012, 08:06:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Won't judge anyone for doing their own 'risk assessment'.

I admire anyone who has the resources to justify such prices and get behind the team.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 18, 2012, 08:11:36 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=213346

Still, I guess you could bring in the whole match experience argument - better atmosphere might (in most cases, I'd assume - notice the word assume) equal a better time at the match.

Quite correct. I do think Rovers could work harder to improve the \"Matchday experience\" specifically at half time. I mean if people are remembering the Vikettes with a lusty eyed sigh then, my god, things are bad now!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 18, 2012, 08:22:16 pm by hoolahoop »
Remember them , check out the avatar benny.........I miss them like hell.;) Half-times ''hurt'' these days.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 18, 2012, 09:17:07 pm by Mr1Croft »

I fully agree with you there Benny, it is a simple matter and thus why it is easier to be in a firing line.

I did never imply it was a contest in the same context of it isn't a contest of who has spent more money at the club. At hardly 20 now, when I first started going to Rovers on a regular basis I rarely thought that I should support my club financially and I'll probably never will suppose, I choose to go away games as my personal choice. Its not just the matchday experience being better but the entire day can be enjoyable, call me an idiot but I get some sort of buzz waking up at 5 in morning knowing im looking at a 7 hour coach trip to Plymouth. I buy the replica kits and various merchandise, and go to home games when I can so not all money is wasted on our competitors...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012