Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:55:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Free Transfers - FFS  (Read 3563 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Free Transfers - FFS
« Reply #30 on December 29, 2019, 12:28:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think our best bet in this window is to try to secure a couple of quality loans. I'm hoping we can keep Dieng and the two Wolves lads, Sterling has gone back and I wouldn't keep Daniels. Sheaf I'm 50/50 on, but if we could get a midfielder like Herbie Kane or similar he could go. Bingham and Thomas can go as well.

If we're still short then maybe it's time to throw in one or two of the U-23s and see if they sink or swim. Otherwise we'll have the same problem we've had for ages- young players who are "potential" until the day we let them go.

The crucial time for Moore and his recruitment guy will be the next window. That's when we need to identify some permanent signings and the Board needs to give Moore the backing.

I agree with almost all of this.

Given what is realistic in the January window, I think we can release Sterling and Daniels. This leaves us with Anderson, John and Wright as first call centre backs, with then Blaney and Sheaf as second call if need be.

Sheaf I would keep as otherwise it is just Whiteman and Gomes as centre midfielders.

Especially if Blair is back in the next few weeks then no need to add to the attacking midfield options.

I would add two striking options in addition to Ennis.

Decent window: keep John, Dieng, Sheaf and Ennis for rest of season, release Sterling and Daniels and bring in two attacking options.

Excellent window: as above but agree deals with Anderson and Sadlier, and sign Dieng permanently.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 29, 2019, 12:32:36 pm by Campsall rover »
I think our best bet in this window is to try to secure a couple of quality loans. I'm hoping we can keep Dieng and the two Wolves lads, Sterling has gone back and I wouldn't keep Daniels. Sheaf I'm 50/50 on, but if we could get a midfielder like Herbie Kane or similar he could go. Bingham and Thomas can go as well.

If we're still short then maybe it's time to throw in one or two of the U-23s and see if they sink or swim. Otherwise we'll have the same problem we've had for ages- young players who are "potential" until the day we let them go.

The crucial time for Moore and his recruitment guy will be the next window. That's when we need to identify some permanent signings and the Board needs to give Moore the backing.

I agree with almost all of this.

Given what is realistic in the January window, I think we can release Sterling and Daniels. This leaves us with Anderson, John and Wright as first call centre backs, with then Blaney and Sheaf as second call if need be.

Sheaf I would keep as otherwise it is just Whiteman and Gomes as centre midfielders.

Especially if Blair is back in the next few weeks then no need to add to the attacking midfield options.

I would add two striking options in addition to Ennis.

Decent window: keep John, Dieng, Sheaf and Ennis for rest of season, release Sterling and Daniels and bring in two attacking options.

Excellent window: as above but agree deals with Anderson and Sadlier, and sign Dieng permanently.
Can’t disagree with any of that. Exactly what we need.  :thumbsup:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 29, 2019, 12:41:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
Deal for Anderson long overdue

Then deal for Sadlier

Sign Dieng

Release Daniels

Flanagan on loan
Striker on loan
Forward player signed on permanent