Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:59:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just back  (Read 2396 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Just back
« on January 11, 2020, 08:35:45 pm by philsky »

Bristol gave us so much room all game and really allowed us to play.

Bar a ten minute spell of pressure towards the end of the match, we were in total control throughout.

Good day out.

Another professional performance - Wright, Whiteman, Anderson, Ennis and Taylor were superb.

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on January 11, 2020, 08:42:25 pm by leedshayter »
Cheers philsky

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 11, 2020, 09:00:50 pm by graingrover »
From my view on I follow
Dieng 8 Halliday 7 Wright 8 Anderson 8 James 7 thar defence was magnificent.
Gomez 6 Sheaf 7 Whiteman 8 Ennis 8 Sadlier 6 Jon 7
Copps had two touches of real class and the assist for the second goal was exquisite .
Rashid took that goal well .
This was a hard working team and the team spirit is undeniably very high.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 11, 2020, 09:01:06 pm by acacia94 »
Listened to phone ins on BBC Bristol coming away from game and whilst gas were fuming about their current predicament many paid tribute to Donny's total superiority today. 'They're light years better than us'.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 11, 2020, 09:05:59 pm by idler »
In that first half they couldn't get near us. We were hunting in packs and closing them down, smothering them.
We then had oceans of space with our movement off the ball. It was like watching a poor man's Man City. Very impressive.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 11, 2020, 09:08:44 pm by Pancho Regan »
In that first half they couldn't get near us. We were hunting in packs and closing them down, smothering them.
We then had oceans of space with our movement off the ball. It was like watching a poor man's Man City. Very impressive.

Thanks Idler, music to my ears!

I’m assuming you made the trip mate ... so chuffed for you and all the others who travelled.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2020, 09:15:30 pm by idler »
No I've got a box which shows the majority of EFL ifollow matches every game.
Go away to morrow so watched it on that.
We did win 0-4 when I went down two years ago though.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 11, 2020, 09:25:39 pm by NewDonny »
Yes and a lot of it through Sadlier and his movement, certainly in the first half anyway, no idea how he gets a 6 and others a 7 & 8 tbh but then again not sure how you can award player match marks from watching on TV, you dont see the work off the ball as well as on it, as I did sat high up in the main stand.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 09:32:19 pm by NewDonny »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2020, 09:26:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Listened to phone ins on BBC Bristol coming away from game and whilst gas were fuming about their current predicament many paid tribute to Donny's total superiority today. 'They're light years better than us'.

I heard the same, also that we were the best they'd seen there along with Coventry.

And they've seen (current position):
Rothrum (1)
Wycombe (2)
Coventry (4) FA Cup
Oxford (5)
Ports (6)
Sunderland (7)
Donny Rovers (8)
Peterbro (9)
Gills (14)
Accrington (17)
Wimbledon (19)
MK (20)
Tranmere (21)
Southend (22)
Bolton (23)

A second string Brighton in the EFL Cup
Chelsea U23 in EFL Trophy

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 11, 2020, 09:28:00 pm by adamtherover »
Cheers philsky
if we dominated as much as is reported, I'm surprised That dieng gets an 8, that suggests he was very busy? 

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 11, 2020, 09:28:24 pm by 5 on Tour »
Yes and a lot of it through Sadlier and his movement, certainly in the first half anyway, no idea how he gets a 6 and others a 7 & 8 tbh but then again not sure how you can award player match marks from watching on TV, you dont see the work off the vall as well as on it as I did sat high up in the main stand.

I think most people look for different things. When you watch the pundits on TV they all purr over different things and the others probably didn’t notice. That’s why scores for a player performance should be left to FIFA and Football Manager. They don’t work in real life.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 11, 2020, 09:30:30 pm by 5 on Tour »
Cheers philsky
if we dominated as much as is reported, I'm surprised That dieng gets an 8, that suggests he was very busy?

My sky sports app had him down as Timothee Dieng of Southend fame so maybe the wrong player got graded. Haha.

Seny’s middle name is Timothy though so maybe that justifies it. Or not.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 11, 2020, 09:31:38 pm by NewDonny »
Yes and a lot of it through Sadlier and his movement, certainly in the first half anyway, no idea how he gets a 6 and others a 7 & 8 tbh but then again not sure how you can award player match marks from watching on TV, you dont see the work off the vall as well as on it as I did sat high up in the main stand.

I think most people look for different things. When you watch the pundits on TV they all purr over different things and the others probably didn’t notice. That’s why scores for a player performance should be left to FIFA and Football Manager. They don’t work in real life.

Totally agree.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 11, 2020, 09:33:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'd give the same marks, though maybe a 6 for Taylor. Just thought Sadlier was below par.
I'd also give 7 for Bingham, 9 for Copps  :ohmy: and 10 for Blair  ;)

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 11, 2020, 09:34:02 pm by NewDonny »
Cheers philsky

That was my immediate thought as well, although having said that, he makes it look easier than it is at times, like coming out and taking the ball off the attackers heads for instance, he is very good at that.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 11, 2020, 09:36:27 pm by NewDonny »
I'd give the same marks, though maybe a 6 for Taylor. Just thought Sadlier was below par.

After 10 minutes into the second half I would agree with you as he tired and emptied out, but first half he was our most dangerous attacking player.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 11, 2020, 09:38:24 pm by drfchound »
Well perhaps that’s why Sads only gets a six.
He only contributed for around 60% of the match.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2020, 09:40:34 pm by Campsall rover »
BRR Where did Matty Blair play when he came on?
Although it was only 3 mins i think.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2020, 09:42:20 pm by drfchound »

BRR Where did Matty Blair play when he came on?

Campsall, did you miss the winkie again.
Blair was only on the pitch for two minutes mate.

Bristol Red Rover Jnr.

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2020, 09:49:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover Jnr. »
Cheers philsky
I would say 8 is fair. Not a lot in the way of shot stopping, but commanded the area well (as usual), and was excellent with distribution and relieved pressure well with the ball at his feet. Distribution was definitely helped by the lack of pressing by Bristol, but overall the defence and midfield did a great job of bringing the ball out from the back and creating attacking opportunities.

(As seen on IFollow unfortunately!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2020, 09:52:32 pm by Pancho Regan »
not sure how you can award player match marks from watching on TV

You can’t.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2020, 10:01:12 pm by NewDonny »
From my view on I follow
Dieng 8 Halliday 7 Wright 8 Anderson 8 James 7 thar defence was magnificent.
Gomez 6 Sheaf 7 Whiteman 8 Ennis 8 Sadlier 6 Jon 7
Copps had two touches of real class and the assist for the second goal was exquisite .
Rashid took that goal well .
This was a hard working team and the team spirit is undeniably very high.

Having been to the game today myself, I think Holdens match marks (DFP) are nearer the mark tbh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012