Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:55:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelukan Free  (Read 3972 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Adelukan Free
« Reply #30 on May 03, 2024, 07:24:10 pm by silent majority »
Well, the club will be doing everything they can to sign both players.

But, if they, or their agent decide that their future lies elsewhere we can't change that. Its the way football is these days, its not all about money.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 03, 2024, 07:38:26 pm by RoversInSpain »
Most important thing as stated before is they help get us promoted.
Then we move on with or without them in League 1.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 04, 2024, 08:40:31 am by IDM »

But, if they, or their agent decide that their future lies elsewhere we can't change that. Its the way football is these days, its not all about money.

Ah but wait for the “ambition” criticisms etc. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I just know what it will be like (on here) should they not sign..

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 04, 2024, 09:15:59 am by EasyforDennis »

You are correct in saying "if his agent decides his future lies elsewhere we can't change that"
But I can't agree that where agents are concerned it isn't about money.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 04, 2024, 09:29:34 am by Drover »
He told me it wouldn't matter if donny are league 1 or 2 if that is the option he takes, like I said in another thread he said he will get to the end of the season and switch off from football and leave it to his agent. I would love him to stay just as much as I would love TLT and Craig to stay but I do belive the latter 2 will depend on if we are league 1 or 2. If TB wants what he has stated then Hakeeb is the type of player we need to have in our sights and do our upmost to get them in, get them playing and drive us up that league table.

It probably doesnt' matter what league we are in to Haks,BUT what league we are in may decide how much of a deal we are prepared to offer him.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 04, 2024, 09:41:01 am by Drover »
"switch off from football and leave it to is agent".

That sounds ominous, depressing, and other adjectives I haven't including.

I can see how it does to some,but I spoke or listened to many Rovers players over the years,even some our cult heroes who say just the same,it's also work to them and they are human with familys and friends and have a life outside football etc and look forward to switching off from football at the end of season,makes absolutely no difference to their performances and commitment to the club.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 04, 2024, 10:14:46 am by silent majority »

You are correct in saying "if his agent decides his future lies elsewhere we can't change that"

You've missed my point though.

What I said was that it's not all about money. In other words if the monetary offers are acceptable and they still choose to go elsewhere there's nothing we can do.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 04, 2024, 10:22:30 am by Donnywolf »
Trying not to get ahead of myself but, getting promoted via the playoffs after winning a Final at Wembley IS in my opinion (apart from going up as Champions) the next best way to get promotion.

For Haks & Moly, playing (& winning) at Wembley will be THE best moment in their careers & as they celebrate with the people & fans who have shared that journey with them such moments have to weigh heavily in our favour when it comes to their decisions on where they want to play their football next season.

Unfortunately I thought that about Paul Green. Celebrating madly at Wembley after beating Leeds , and who wouldn't but ....

... rumour was he was going to Leeds if they won and Derby if not

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 04, 2024, 12:02:38 pm by NickDRFC »

You've missed my point though.

What I said was that it's not all about money. In other words if the monetary offers are acceptable and they still choose to go elsewhere there's nothing we can do.

It will be about the money, though. We will make a reasonable and competitive offer I’m sure but if there’s a materially better offer elsewhere it’s likely that he will probably take it. We have everything else going for us - location, a manager he knows and trusts (who also trusts him), a team he’s been successful in - so the only reason he could really have for going elsewhere is a payday that we can’t match.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 04, 2024, 12:40:30 pm by wilts rover »
I remember all the abuse Kevin McIntyre got when he rejected a new deal (after spending the best part of a season out with injury) to move to Chester.
People then assumed it was for more money. Years later it turned out he had wanted to be closer to his family as his father had terminal cancer.
Players either sign or they dont. If they dont wish them well and it makes way for somebody else. But never assume things when you dont know the full story.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 04, 2024, 12:52:14 pm by ravenrover »
The one thing with how Grant talks is here is our offer if you want to sign great but it's off the table in x weeks and we move on

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 04, 2024, 02:06:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
It we go up, we have more leverage of course. And he’s playing in a setup that’s allowed him to flourish at a club where he is loved. None of that is guaranteed elsewhere.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 04, 2024, 02:14:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
League One = decent chance.
League Two = not much chance.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 05, 2024, 12:01:39 am by Red wizard »
Without knowing his playing career fully I'd say this last few months playing for us he's either playing his best football or has got back to his best. You could argue the drop in level has helped and I'd agree somewhat. Now his confidence is high and he knows playing under GM suits him he'd be daft not to sign for us if we offer a decent salary.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 06, 2024, 01:07:00 am by RedRover »
It feels pretty nailed on both Moly and Haks are off if we don’t go up, doesn’t it?

Not only that but that either one or both will end up signing for Barnsley or Rotherham

Dougiebulletheader

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 06, 2024, 01:43:05 am by Dougiebulletheader »
Maybe Grant had a convo with Hac before signing for us...."look son your coming to an important time in your career and your what in the imps reserves about to be released..iv got this mad plan I can get this team of mine into the play offs still and you could be the catalyst that enables it...at the same time putting yourself in the shop window to get a new club" winners all round..

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 06, 2024, 06:55:49 am by Butchers Red »
Maybe Grant had a convo with Hac before signing for us...."look son your coming to an important time in your career and your what in the imps reserves about to be released..iv got this mad plan I can get this team of mine into the play offs still and you could be the catalyst that enables it...at the same time putting yourself in the shop window to get a new club" winners all round..

Or maybe he said, look son join us,firstly we're going to perform a miracle getting into the play offs, win it and then the year after storm Division 1 hitting Championship within 2 years.

Bournemouth
Brentford
Luton

Why not Donny??

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 06, 2024, 10:12:20 am by Chris Black come back »
The first two had huge external cash behind them, and the third had a colossal wage bill in Championship and way above what we could envisage having.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012