Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:03:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wembley  (Read 8645 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Wembley
« Reply #120 on May 08, 2024, 01:40:53 pm by pib »
One thing that really stood out to me at Crewe was the demographic of our support that day. Certainly the highest percentage of 20-40 year olds I’ve ever seen at a Donny match. Historically it was generally the case of either really old or really young. 

It’s probably this age group that are likely to bring a few more “day trippers” along with them for a day in London on the piss.

I’d certainly like to look at the data of our supporter base since we were promoted back into the football league, it would make an interesting study.

This is something I've always been aware of. I'm 37 and when you look around, I wouldn't put a high proportion of our fan base in the 30-40 year old bracket. The reason? The mid-nineties and Richardson didn't help, additionally this generations parents probably supported other clubs. Further, SKY bringing the Premier League into everyone's homes in 1992 didn't help either.

I'm in my mid thirties and remember being in school in the early noughties and I could have counted on both hands the number of lads who supported Rovers. Majority were bigger local clubs or Premier League clubs.

Similar boat here. Then from about 2004-10 everyone was seemingly interested, and then it gradually dropped off again, to the point where now I don't really know that many from my age group that actively support Rovers or are a regular attendee any more.

I know the current situation has heightened interest, but I really hope some if it sticks, and at least a percentage become regulars. It would be great to see the ground fuller on a more regular basis and I'm sure it would help the club's finances.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on May 08, 2024, 07:06:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bolton just released pricing. Their cheapest available is £30. Noticed Wembley now has a safe standing section officially named behind the goal now

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on May 08, 2024, 07:59:46 pm by Nudga »
Bolton just released pricing. Their cheapest available is £30. Noticed Wembley now has a safe standing section officially named behind the goal now

867 safe standing section

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on May 08, 2024, 08:27:21 pm by adamtherover »
Looks like they are using a 3rd party ticket site, 100% digital sales only, makes sense due to timescales...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on May 08, 2024, 08:49:45 pm by normal rules »

£55 to stand up ffs.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on May 08, 2024, 09:03:27 pm by johnny rovers »

£55 to stand up ffs.

At least there's no t**t telling you to sit down

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on May 08, 2024, 09:03:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Not enough. Sensible option now is anyone wanting this just buy a cat4 or 5 ticket

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on May 08, 2024, 09:25:02 pm by dknward2 »
On the part of keeping younger school leavers in Doncaster hopefully the airport and the airship company coming to carcroft will be able to offer the jobs people need so they don't have to leave to the so called big cities for jobs

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on May 08, 2024, 10:01:18 pm by normal rules »

Not enough. Sensible option now is anyone wanting this just buy a cat4 or 5 ticket

Imagine a Wembley crowd where everyone is sat up in the gods?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on May 08, 2024, 11:25:10 pm by danumdon »
Well I’ve just reserved a parking spot here https://www.wembleycarparking.org.uk/secure-parking

A refund given up to a day before, 5-10 min walk to stadium, fill ya boots before any potential opponents get in there

Thanks for sharing this Filo. Just quoting you to bump the link again for others. I've just booked my spot here too....pretty sure this is exactly where I parked for the Leeds match...history repeating itself?

Cheers for the link Filo, had a good look around and this one looks ok,a bit dearer than most others but looks safe for my Ferrari.! Booked it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on May 09, 2024, 05:50:19 am by Padge_DRFC »

Going by the last league 2 final they only opened the bottom and middle tier. Probably no need for top tier opening. If it does I imagine it will be last

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on May 09, 2024, 08:28:14 am by GazLaz »

Going by the last league 2 final they only opened the bottom and middle tier. Probably no need for top tier opening. If it does I imagine it will be last

Is the middle tier not Club Wembley? Or isn’t that a thing at the playoffs? I sat in there for the Euro Semi final.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on May 09, 2024, 08:41:47 am by IDM »
probably not all of it.

I looked at the Bolton tickets page, the middle tier starts from £59.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on May 09, 2024, 10:17:26 am by RedRover »
One thing that really stood out to me at Crewe was the demographic of our support that day. Certainly the highest percentage of 20-40 year olds I’ve ever seen at a Donny match. Historically it was generally the case of either really old or really young. 

It’s probably this age group that are likely to bring a few more “day trippers” along with them for a day in London on the piss.

I’d certainly like to look at the data of our supporter base since we were promoted back into the football league, it would make an interesting study.

This is something I've always been aware of. I'm 37 and when you look around, I wouldn't put a high proportion of our fan base in the 30-40 year old bracket. The reason? The mid-nineties and Richardson didn't help, additionally this generations parents probably supported other clubs. Further, SKY bringing the Premier League into everyone's homes in 1992 didn't help either.

I’m 40 and started going in the 90s. There aren’t too many that fall into that category.

The ones that started going 20 years ago, when things improved, are just creeping into their early 30s now.
I’m 46 and been going regularly since 1991. A few of us from school used to go but most lost their way. Out of our group only @bigbadjack still goes when he can be bothered

My dad who's from town only moved Lincs in the mid to late 1979's took me to my first match in 1992, I was 13 and have been a regular ever since, well up to 2020.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on May 09, 2024, 10:53:09 am by Chris Black come back »
92/93 was a magical season. Brady, Jeffrey, Hicks and Eddie Gormley. Talent throughout that side. Shame nobody there to see it.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on May 09, 2024, 04:01:17 pm by EasyforDennis »
The best news is that under 16s and over 65s are 50% off the adult price if we have the same pricing as Bolton.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on May 10, 2024, 12:06:02 pm by keyser_soze »
92/93 was a magical season. Brady, Jeffrey, Hicks and Eddie Gormley. Talent throughout that side. Shame nobody there to see it.

My first game was Hereford at home when Brady first appeared on loan from Sunderland and won and scored the penalty to win the game. I can't remember Stuart Hicks being a significant talent, but i loved Eddie Gormley. Him and Steve Prindiville on that left side could both hit a free kick.

I was the same, big group of lads from school in Retford who have all drifted away since.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on May 11, 2024, 08:46:04 am by Filo »

Well I’ve just reserved a parking spot here https://www.wembleycarparking.org.uk/secure-parking

A refund given up to a day before, 5-10 min walk to stadium, fill ya boots before any potential opponents get in there

Car park refund applied for  :crying:  :crying:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on May 11, 2024, 10:38:29 am by ncRover »

I need to do the same. We were asking for trouble weren’t we?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on May 11, 2024, 11:27:14 am by Filo »

I need to do the same. We were asking for trouble weren’t we?

Yep, I’ll take the blame, knew I shouldn’t have tempted fate

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on May 11, 2024, 01:33:53 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
Went to the bookies to collect my dirty winnings this morning. €320. Flights cost €200 so that's a little something

TinyPortal © 2005-2012