Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:16:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When will this club  (Read 4012 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
When will this club
« on October 31, 2014, 07:31:26 am by Dagenham Rover »
finally realise not everybody does social media

Doncaster Rovers FC @drfc_official  ยท  18h 18 hours ago

PD: Jed Steer has returned to Aston Villa

Dickov thanks @JedSteer and @AVFCOfficial #drfc http://audioboo.fm/boos/2607724

Not a mention on Dros about Steer going back or about this interview (Steers last would have been Bradford)
Now considering one of these is showing as 18 hours ago and the other 15hrs ago that takes it to early mid afternoon yesterday there is no reason why these snippets should not be on DROS It simply isn't good enough ...........again

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: When will this club
« Reply #1 on October 31, 2014, 07:41:26 am by tommy toes »
Christ what will people find to moan about next.
We all knew Steer was out and Johnstone was in.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 31, 2014, 07:42:26 am by Ldr »
Agreed, communication is shocking at times, we need a media manager, oh yeah  :headbang:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 31, 2014, 07:44:08 am by IDM »
I dunno what to make of it really, the news of Johnstone signing was publicised fairly quickly wasn't it?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 31, 2014, 07:55:12 am by coventryrover »
They've put the news out there and still get criticised?  Jeese louise.

It's just as effortless to go on solical media as it is DROS, infact twitter is easier to use.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 31, 2014, 08:21:05 am by Rovers Return »
Aaaah I pine for the good old days when you had to wait for Doncaster Evening Post to reveal news almost a week later.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 31, 2014, 08:25:35 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It's just as effortless to go on solical media as it is DROS, infact twitter is easier to use.

I have no idea how to use twitter. I'm not particularly interested in finding out either. That shouldn't stop the club from updating their own website at the same times as using twitter though.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 31, 2014, 08:30:44 am by Dagenham Rover »
Yes the news of Johnstone signing was put out quickly and PD said it would give him a headache for Saturday!

Lots of people don't use Twitter and facebook, the simple answer is it should have been put on DROS not long after the tweet its not even on Player a supposed premium paid for service

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 31, 2014, 08:35:48 am by The Red Baron »

I have no idea how to use twitter. I'm not particularly interested in finding out either. That shouldn't stop the club from updating their own website at the same times as using twitter though.

You don't have to be a Twitter user (I'm not) to be able to access it and read what people are saying. I find the DRFC Official Twitter feed invaluable- it is usually where I find out the line-up each match day. I also check out the DFP ones- Paul Goodwin, Liam Hoden and Hayley Paterson- for similar info.

I just treat it as another website.

The players' twitter feeds can be informative- although you have to filter out a lot of "banter" and nonsense about trips to Nandos and the cinema. I found out about the injuries to Askins and Ferguson long before they were in the public domain.

Must admit, I haven't got as far with Facebook yet.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 31, 2014, 10:04:46 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Aaaah I pine for the good old days when you had to wait for Doncaster Evening Post to reveal news almost a week later.

Welcome to...the good new days when you have to wait for DROS to reveal news almost a week later

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 01, 2014, 01:25:00 pm by graingrover »
 I read on DROS that he had said his goodbyes and that PD does not exclude he might return ( presumably if Man U will not extend Sam's loan after January.)  However for us anoracks the first HINT he was not going between the sticks v Bradford could be deduced from a Wabara tweet on Thursday . 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 01, 2014, 01:28:17 pm by RobTheRover »
Its got to be better than waiting for the Doncaster Evening Post coming out every afternoon.

;)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 01, 2014, 01:32:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Its got to be better than waiting for the Doncaster Evening Post coming out every afternoon.

;)

And then 3-6 days for it to reach the Netherlands by post......... ;)

to be read by 29 of us living in a paperbag in a hole in the ground.......

The youth of today don't know they are born Obadiah  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012