Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:26:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taxi cancelled  (Read 4715 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Taxi cancelled
« Reply #30 on December 04, 2011, 05:15:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=203100
For Brian Stock. Absolute class act and so unlucky not to pick up MOTM in my opinion. Beye awsome Fortune awsome Hird awsome Gillett shocking thats my only negative. Consistancy is key now. RTID :scarf:

Great player f**king ridiculous some views on here,sadly some people not got a flaming clue!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 04, 2011, 05:23:39 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"thumper\" post=203150
Just shows the difference in opinions, i thought stock didnt have a bad game but seemed to hold the ball too long then lost possession and lacked a final pass.

Ye it's a shame he couldn't have got rid of the ball about fifteen minutes into the second half and release Fortune to set up a goal.

Oh wait..........

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 04, 2011, 05:30:06 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203173
I thought, and so did the majority of the people around me (must be the prawns), that Stock was slow and though he had a good game by his standards, it wasn't very good by a championship midfielders standards.

Gillett was poor.
Stock is too slow and was repeatedly robbed of the ball
Goulon was good but you could see he was going to get sent off.
Coppinger was good.
O'Connor was out of position a lot but at least looked bothered
Beye was good
Hird was good (yes, I know)
Illunga was mixed, though not as mixed as Friend when he came on
Barnes was good
Fortune was excellent
Sharp was excellent, looked a lot more bothered, in fact the whole team did
Ikeme is just a class keeper

Nice of Diouf to come to the game too, he spent ages in the hospitality area signing autographs even when the game was going on. What a nice fella. He's needn't have turned out on a cold, wet, Doncaster afternoon, but he did. What a good bloke....what was that about \"big time charlie syndrome\"?

Calm down Willie, I'm sure the majority of Rovers fans are more than happy to have Dioufy at the club and to have signed a contract extension.

Don't get too close though because...........

......... El-Hadji Diouf will spit on you.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 04, 2011, 05:31:11 pm by mushRTID »
Stock was fantastic. Hope this loan to Burnley is not back on in January like was suggested.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 04, 2011, 05:34:01 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=203443
Quote from: \"thumper\" post=203150
Just shows the difference in opinions, i thought stock didnt have a bad game but seemed to hold the ball too long then lost possession and lacked a final pass.

Ye it's a shame he couldn't have got rid of the ball about fifteen minutes into the second half and release Fortune to set up a goal.

Oh wait..........

Sadly wonderful passing ability is lost on some people but if you run around like a mad man you are forgiven give me class everytime!

Bretby Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 04, 2011, 09:58:28 pm by Bretby Rover »
Completely agree with all the good things said about stocky. He makes lots of passes so if he made everone perfectly he would be with a premiership club not Donny. The whole team deserve full praise for a job well done.

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 04, 2011, 10:15:59 pm by Adam »
Fickle.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 04, 2011, 10:22:46 pm by Wello »
he only put a shift in to get a move back to the south coast :rtid:

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 05, 2011, 08:29:59 am by fudgepacker »
From where I was sitting Stocky had a good game, he put himself about, won tackles and his passing was good. I thought Gillet was ok although there were times when I didn't realise he was playing. Illunga did ok, everything went down the left in the second half but it was clear that he wanted to keep the ball on the deck instead of pumping it long like Jimmy did more often that not.

IMO as well Goulon was terrible, he couldn't get the ball under control and looked very clumsy. I can't remember him winning any headers either for such a tall player.

I just thought we wanted it more than them today and we were fired up. We got in their faces and fought for the 3 points which is what we lacked with SOD.

stoxy001

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 05, 2011, 12:25:07 pm by stoxy001 »
who booked a taxi??

stock was as good as anybody on the pitch on saturday (and even better than some)...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012