Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:11:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Molly & Biggo  (Read 1703 times)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Molly & Biggo
« on April 24, 2024, 05:53:00 am by andyst79 »
2 players most fans would have happily seen the back of pre season. Proving their worth with a manager getting the best out of them. 2 great finishes
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 06:02:57 am by andyst79 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Robbo

• Forum Member
Re: Molly & Biggo
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2024, 06:03:47 am by Robbo »
Some but not most. Always thought Molly had it ‘in’ him.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2024, 06:28:07 am by Donnywolf »
yeah .... agreed.

I always thought he was a keeper , and now has proved it. Cuts in from right , onto left foot and boom.

Opposition obvs havent noticed

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2024, 06:42:43 am by Spud »
I don't think many ever wanted rid of Moly tbh. Biggo has a skill set for sure, it's taken Grant to get the best out of him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2024, 06:58:12 am by Filo »
Hands up here I was a big critic of Biggins, in my defence though before this run he was playing a slightly different role and looked lost at times, the new found box to box Biggins has been integral to the way we have played in this amazing run

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2024, 07:13:28 am by Paul Simpson »
Both good players but we didn’t get to see what they are both capable of under previous managers imo. Mcann and the staff have brought the best out of the whole team.

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2024, 07:15:19 am by The Dav »
Agreed on Biggins, I used to Joke to my mate that I’d sooner have Christopher Biggins than Harrison, however the last three months or so have totally proved me wrong, I always knew there was a player in Molly, and Grant has motivated him to show it ! I hope we find the pen for both of them! Sadly I’m not convinced either will sign ! Maybe if we are promoted eh ?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2024, 07:26:47 am by Cramby10 »
Yep, I have to hold my hands up and say I thought Biggins was a pot dog. He’s been very good of late. An integral part of what we’re doing.
Is it grounds to keep him, and can we get a better replacement is a totally different discussion.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2024, 07:49:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
McCann has done brilliantly in getting the right players playing in the right positions. Schofield saw biggins employed as a holding midfielder at times. He isn't that. He almost plays off a striker with freedom and it suits his game perfectly.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2024, 08:04:46 am by RoversInSpain »
Grant and Cliff deserve so much credit.
By January always felt Biggins wasn’t good enough, Anderson was finished, Olowu just awful.Molly promising but just no end product, worth keeping though as a bench player.
Maxwell,  Sterry I always thought were good, Bailey,Ironside were saving our skins. The rest pretty average
And now…. Well ! It’s a good job I don’t manage football teams.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2024, 08:23:29 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I personally didn't want to throw a blank cheque at these two, but would happily have seen them extend in a squad player role.
It all depends on the wage demands, but I think they both more than deserve extensions.

I wonder how the potential promotion has impacted contract discussions, both from players and the club.
"Will they do it in league one ?"
"I want to be paid more for league one"

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2024, 08:33:51 am by andyst79 »
Biggins made both finishes look easy & they weren't. The 1on Saturday was a fantastic delivery by Rowe but the power & placement of the header was superb. Yesterdays his movement where he checked back in the box gave him the space to finish, I've seen those blasted over the bar many a time.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2024, 10:23:47 am by Spud »
McCann has done brilliantly in getting the right players playing in the right positions. Schofield saw biggins employed as a holding midfielder at times. He isn't that. He almost plays off a striker with freedom and it suits his game perfectly.

I remember Schofield talking about his runs into the box against us, when we signed him. Then plays him deep, but tbf he played all our midfielders as holding...

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2024, 10:48:37 am by jm291 »
Biggo has been class the last couple of months but wouldn't be too sad to see him depart at the end of the season. Moly on the other hand would be a big blow, a huge part of how we play and has now really found his feet. Lets hope a promotion keeps him here.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2024, 10:55:04 am by Avsuptem »
Molly will be getting some big money offers, it seems unlikely that we will be able to keep him.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2024, 01:28:34 pm by Bills view »
As said by others, the exceptional loan players have had huge impact.

They improved the quality, have taken pressure off giving more space and freedom for others to flourish and probably most importantly they have given the team and player confidence a rocket boost.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2024, 01:31:54 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'd hate to lose Moly and have said so consistently.

But if we do, I have faith in Grant to find a good replacement.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2024, 01:34:10 pm by selby »
  I will give you a good reason Biggins is doing well, and the forwards are receiving the ball quicker going forward,  Close has not been playing.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2024, 01:42:51 pm by pigeonhole »
I'd hate to lose Moly and have said so consistently.

But if we do, I have faith in Grant to find a good replacement.

Maybe we already have one?  How good has Hurst been in his recent cameos?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2024, 02:02:07 pm by andyst79 »
  I will give you a good reason Biggins is doing well, and the forwards are receiving the ball quicker going forward,  Close has not been playing.
The thing I was thinking halfway through the game yesterday especially when Colchester were having a right go at us was thank god Close is not in the midfield because we would have been overrun. They got in our faces and made thinks difficult for us 1st half and he'd have shirked away.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2024, 02:06:39 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Have to agree about Close despite him being given another contract.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 24, 2024, 02:19:14 pm by drfchound »
For me, Biggo came of age in the 5-1 at Grimsby.
He seemed to become a really good player that day and has maintained that since then.
I have always liked Luke and have said on here that the arrival of Hacks has given him more freedom.
He hasn’t had to be the only one who can be unpredictable to the opposing defenders.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 09:40:28 pm by drfchound »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 24, 2024, 09:36:59 pm by jmt23 »
Biggo was very poor for most of the season, and I did call him Chris for a while such was my frustration at his pantoesque performances, but he has been extremely good in the last few weeks, and the team looks short without him.

Molly, has never been anywhere near as poor, and has performed consistently, but played in different areas- he was doing a defensive job in part of the season. He never shirked and kept going, giving 100%. He has been the most consistent player for me, throughout the bad and now good. Nice lad too, I think he could grow with us, but the fact he hasn’t yet signed , or we haven’t offered him anything suggests he may not, shame.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 24, 2024, 10:39:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
In a 3 Buggins is better. Also helps we are sustaining pressure on the opposition which allows him to actually get forward. Before he’d look like a passenger because we never kept it long enough for him to get high up. So he was just in no man’s land.

He’s always had an eye for goal which puts him ahead of Westbrooke for that role imo

TinyPortal © 2005-2012