Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:05:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire CCC  (Read 5538 times)

GM-MarkB

Re: Yorkshire CCC
« Reply #30 on September 11, 2014, 08:22:11 pm by GM-MarkB »
5 Down 5 to go...can I justify the expense (relatively small that it is) of going tomorrow ??

Let's see how I wake up lol

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 11, 2014, 10:17:49 pm by roversontheup »
I went today and had a great day.  Wish I could go again tomorrow and hopefully watch us win the title.  Sadly I can't.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #32 on September 11, 2014, 11:03:56 pm by GM-MarkB »
I went today and had a great day.  Wish I could go again tomorrow and hopefully watch us win the title.  Sadly I can't.

Did you pay on the gate ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 12, 2014, 11:43:31 am by Filo »
All over, 5 wickets this morning, County Champions with one match to play

GM-MarkB

« Reply #34 on September 12, 2014, 11:43:39 am by GM-MarkB »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up not going, but I couldn't be happier. All over in 65 minutes

What a fantastic performance, doing the business when it was needed. Notts never had a chance from the off. I was questioning Gillespie's tactics during day 2 but it was spot on. The batsmen did the graft on the first 2 days, but Sidebottom & Brooks must be the best new ball partnership in the country. Throw in Rashid who looks a shoe in for the Sri Lanka trip and bob's your Uncle

Champions !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 12, 2014, 12:05:13 pm by Filo »
Rashid looks taylor made for the sub continent wickets

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 12, 2014, 12:05:40 pm by silent majority »
And did I read somewhere that 10 of the 11 came through the Academy? If true, that's incredible.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 12, 2014, 12:13:33 pm by Filo »
And did I read somewhere that 10 of the 11 came through the Academy? If true, that's incredible.

Ballance and Brooks didn't come through the academy, but there is a large majority of the squad that did, they reckon the acadamy is teeming with outstanding talent

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 12, 2014, 12:17:48 pm by Wild Rover »
The piece regarding the above was about the players on the field TODAY. Ballance was not on the field, his place was taken by Richard Pyrah, so its true to say 10 of the 11 came through from achademy.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 12, 2014, 12:28:06 pm by ctay »
Will Rhodes is the England under 19 captain and hasnt got in yet. The spinner Fisher is going to be some talent as well.

Yorkshire is great....lets go for independence!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 12, 2014, 12:39:45 pm by Filo »
The piece regarding the above was about the players on the field TODAY. Ballance was not on the field, his place was taken by Richard Pyrah, so its true to say 10 of the 11 came through from achademy.

Fair comment

Axo

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 12, 2014, 10:24:09 pm by Axo »

Ballance and Brooks didn't come through the academy, but there is a large majority of the squad that did, they reckon the acadamy is teeming with outstanding talent

It is teaming with talented Batsmen, unfortunately it's thin on the ground when it comes to bowlers with potential talent to make it at county level which is a crying shame.
I also expect to see Adam Lyth opening the batting for England in the very near future, i know he's on the verge now with the England selectors.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 13, 2014, 07:46:32 am by NickDRFC »

Technically Ballance DID come through the academy - we signed him on academy terms as an 18 year old. Of course as a Zimbabwe- born, Harrow-educated man who we poached from Derbyshire Seconds I'm not sure we can really claim him as one of our own!

Fantastic achievement yesterday, and to win it in that style is great. Lyth must be a definite for the next test.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 20, 2014, 11:51:51 am by RoversDave »
Great 67 minutes of "boring" cricket.

Spot the Rover.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:13:53 pm by RoversDave »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012