Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:31:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 100/1  (Read 2528 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
100/1
« on May 30, 2011, 08:14:07 pm by watto-drfc »
Yes we are biggest price club for win the league with bet 365

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: 100/1
« Reply #1 on May 30, 2011, 08:16:12 pm by vaya »
Great.

Lure everyone into a false sense of security.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 30, 2011, 08:34:02 pm by Savvy »
what price are we to go down?

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 30, 2011, 08:58:51 pm by BRMC_rover »
Us and Barnsley were both 100/1 last time I looked, with Palace at 75/1. Id imagine Peterborough will go 100/1 or longer now they are up. Unless Kammy influences the price of course. Last time they went up he tipped them for 3rd place!!! :laugh:

:scarf:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 30, 2011, 09:06:09 pm by scuzzer »
Don't see why we should be any less than that after the debacle of the 2nd half of last season. Lots of sides who finish a season like that take the poor form into the next season and the bookies will be looking at that as well as the fact we've over-achieved in everyone else's eyes but our own!

Be nice to prove em wrong again!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2011, 09:22:33 pm by benaldo »
I agree with Scuzzer. Based on the second half of last season I think 100-1 is generous odds. Only a fool would put a bet on Rovers to win the league next season with the current team they've got. :sick:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 31, 2011, 09:34:28 pm by GazLaz »
They should put another 0 on the end. We are rightful favourites for relegation. The signings we make are crutial this close season.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2011, 09:48:00 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=159602
I agree with Scuzzer. Based on the second half of last season I think 100-1 is generous odds. Only a fool would put a bet on Rovers to win the league next season with the current team they've got. :sick:

I'm sticking a tenner on.

Take that back to Ipswich.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 01, 2011, 12:34:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=159603
They should put another 0 on the end. We are rightful favourites for relegation. The signings we make are crutial this close season.

Stop babbying.

Have you no concept of the strength of our current squad?

Have you never seen truly relegation-worthy Rovers squads of days gone by?

Do the words \"Graham Cawthorne\", \"Garry Kimble\" and \"Terry Austin\" meant nowt to you?

Grow a f**king pair and sign up for the 2011-12 Rovers Relegation Scrap.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 01, 2011, 06:49:02 am by keyser_soze »
I think this year is the one year out of our recent history that we can't really complain about that following the shitstorm 2011 has been so far! I'd love to think we could regain our place in midtable but we'll need the right signings.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 01, 2011, 07:06:47 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=159620

Stop babbying.

Have you no concept of the strength of our current squad?

Have you never seen truly relegation-worthy Rovers squads of days gone by?

Do the words \"Graham Cawthorne\", \"Garry Kimble\" and \"Terry Austin\" meant nowt to you?

Grow a f**king pair and sign up for the 2011-12 Rovers Relegation Scrap.

I agree- a couple of decent signings and sort out the injury/ fitness issues and we're not far off a decent side.

And I like the idea of being written off before a ball is kicked. 2003-04 anyone? It's when we start believing our own hype that we get into trouble.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 01, 2011, 07:07:07 am by Mr1Croft »
The Championship really is a tough one to call next season, Portsmouth happened to find their feet last season, Burnley will be dissapointed, as will Hull, with how their season's unfolded. Apart from Birmingham, I can't see any of the other 2 prem clubs really going for serious title claim next season.

As for the promoted; Peteborough could be as good as down, depends on if they learn from last time. Southampton look back home in the Championship and could easily stow away under our noses (shall we say the next Norwich, or at least could be) Brighton are a real physical presence under Poyet, a GNER express service from strength to strength, and doesn't look like it slowing down soon. That said, a few bad results and they could be in the shitter.

I don't know about us, though. It would be nice and easy to say \"look, next season we won't have a full injuried squad, so come this time in february, we'll be pushing for the play offs again\" However it isn't as simple as that. The pivotal swing will lie in if we can keep our most valuable assets, and how much we add to that. Small freebies and loan signings have been relied on too much since our stay in the championship. We need some serious permanent muscle to really stake a claim in the top half.

Still, even if we do spend all season bottom of the table, we'll still be doing better than both sheffield clubs :P

Keep The Faith, In SOD we trust
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 01, 2011, 07:29:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=159627
The Championship really is a tough one to call next season, Portsmouth happened to find their feet last season, Burnley will be dissapointed, as will Hull, with how their season's unfolded. Apart from Birmingham, I can't see any of the other 2 prem clubs really going for serious title claim next season.

As for the promoted; Peteborough could be as good as down, depends on if they learn from last time. Southampton look back home in the Championship and could easily stow away under our noses (shall we say the next Norwich, or at least could be) Brighton are a real physical presence under Poyet, a GNER express service from strength to strength, and doesn't look like it slowing down soon. That said, a few bad results and they could be in the shitter.

I don't know about us, though. It would be nice and easy to say \"look, next season we won't have a full injuried squad, so come this time in february, we'll be pushing for the play offs again\" However it isn't as simple as that. The pivotal swing will lie in if we can keep our most valuable assets, and how much we add to that. Small freebies and loan signings have been relied on too much since our stay in the championship. We need some serious permanent muscle to really stake a claim in the top half.

Still, even if we do spend all season bottom of the table, we'll still be doing better than both sheffield clubs :P

One pretty consistent feature in this division over the last few years has been the sudden and unpredicted implosion of clubs: One year competent and competitive, next year relegated.

In recent years, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Leeds, Colchester and Milwall have all collapsed to relegation the season after a decent mid or upper table finish. There are numerous clubs with a fundamentally broken financial model who tiptoe close to disaster. It's safe to say that one or more of those might once again collapse next season, giving us a relegation candidate that we didn't predict.

Peterborough will probably struggle again, as will Palace. So it's not impossible to imagine three teams finishing below us, even if we are crippled by injuries again.

I also think it'll be an interesting season for Blackpool. Yes, they are coming down with a very healthy bank balance, but they are also losing the heart of their side: Adam, Vaughan, Southern are all going to be leaving. They've released half a dozen other semi-regulars. Currently they have only 8 contracted players. It's not an absolute given that Holloway will automatically put a competitive side together from this position.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 01, 2011, 07:40:38 am by Kenny_Senior »
Palace will be the steadiest that they have been for a couple of years, next season. Dougie Freedman will get them away from danger.

It'll be between us, Barnsley, Watford, Peterborough and a couple of others for relegation.

Couldn't give a monkeys about the top half of the table. If we don't sort the defence out we can forget even being in this league in 12 months time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 01, 2011, 09:40:05 pm by ravenrover »

I think that you should do us all a favour and F off back to a Leeds forum.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 01, 2011, 11:27:17 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=159628
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=159627

One pretty consistent feature in this division over the last few years has been the sudden and unpredicted implosion of clubs: One year competent and competitive, next year relegated.

In recent years, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Leeds, Colchester and Milwall have all collapsed to relegation the season after a decent mid or upper table finish. There are numerous clubs with a fundamentally broken financial model who tiptoe close to disaster. It's safe to say that one or more of those might once again collapse next season, giving us a relegation candidate that we didn't predict.

Peterborough will probably struggle again, as will Palace. So it's not impossible to imagine three teams finishing below us, even if we are crippled by injuries again.

I also think it'll be an interesting season for Blackpool. Yes, they are coming down with a very healthy bank balance, but they are also losing the heart of their side: Adam, Vaughan, Southern are all going to be leaving. They've released half a dozen other semi-regulars. Currently they have only 8 contracted players. It's not an absolute given that Holloway will automatically put a competitive side together from this position.

Completely agree, basically the gist I was hinting at, the same goes for some clubs at the top half. they may have been threatless this season but could think about challenging for promotion. For me the two teams I can see battling it out for a stake in the prem will be Middlesbrough and Hull, both have had decents season (seasons in Boro's veiw) but should really be aiming higher.

I think after two season's of failure, Cardiff will do well to keep hold of their talent and put together a promotion push, otherwise I think they will struggle to obtain a play off place for a 3rd consecutive year.

I think its safe to say its gonna be an interesting season both at the top and bottom.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012