Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:35:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Summer of change....  (Read 6111 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Summer of change....
« Reply #30 on April 18, 2014, 07:02:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I tend to think if we stay up he should stay if not he should go. I actually think the team has underperformed this year and we should have done better than we have. It's a tricky one. He's made mistakes but he's young and will do. I don't think he could stay after relegation but I do think if we stay up he deserves a crack at it as in flashes we've shown what we can do. We just have to do it consistently.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 18, 2014, 07:21:30 am by boro_rover »
In all fairness to PD, I think if he keeps us up he should keep his job. He got the backing of the board in January, and has put a half decent squad together.
This is not an easy league, especially for a smaller club like ourselves. He hasn't done a bad job upto press.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 18, 2014, 07:40:49 am by colincramb »
The problem for me with the consistency issue is that it goes down to our squad depth. We don't have the quality in numbers needed to be consistent over 46 games. Players obviously pick up injuries and lose form over the course of a season. I think we are looking a shade tired now and it's telling with the results over recent weeks. PD knows what his best team is now but there isn't a lot he can do if he needs to rest players without significantly weakening the side. With this in mind he's done well

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 18, 2014, 10:34:57 am by bobbymax »
Can't believe we'd even consider letting PD go.

The first half of the season was blighted by JR's shenanigans and we have had an injury list that would have crippled far stronger squads than ours. He's been good to his word in finding quality at a cheap price to strengthen the team and, as a previous poster said, we're not far away given a decent summer.

Now is not the time to be discussing the man's future when he's done a more than decent job under the circumstances!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 19, 2014, 01:15:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I tend to think if we stay up he should stay if not he should go. I actually think the team has underperformed this year and we should have done better than we have. It's a tricky one. He's made mistakes but he's young and will do. I don't think he could stay after relegation but I do think if we stay up he deserves a crack at it as in flashes we've shown what we can do. We just have to do it consistently.

I Disagree Yorkshire pud,A Team of our size,with limited squad and funds,all it takes is a bad bout of injuries,then your Fire fighting,trying to patch a competitive team together,and that's what Dickov has been doing off and on all season,when he has had a little run with no injuries we've seen a level of consistency,but just as he got some consistency we get more injuries,last month the side was relatively settled,and it showed with the results,this month he's lost his left back,Wellens the teams play maker,plus the centre half for a few games in Meite,we've lost Tamas here and there,a team like us needs stability,the injuries to Meite and Tamas destabilised things,and they haven't down yet.

It's a hard situation for Dickov,do you freshen things up and bring players in to action who have hardly had a game,or do you persevere with players who are running on practically empty,i don't envy him the decisions he has to make,the only signing's of Dickov that haven't worked are Forrester obviously because of injuries and De Val who he seems to be looking after and saving for next season,no idea why,every player has to earn his corn,sink or swim,we haven't the squad to protect players,i think at times this season Dickov's decision making has been decisive,at other times he's picked the wrong team for the wrong game,but he is still learning at this level.

For me overall he's doing a cracking job,he's been tested all season in all different ways,and he's come through each challenge,and i'm confident he will find a way to get enough points,for me at Millwall things have to be freshened up,Brown i'd take out and put Robinson in,Duffy would come in just behind the forwards for Furman,and if Neill and Tamas are fit they need to be back in the side,we will stay up but as usual we like to do it the hard way!!.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012