Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:11:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Godwin's Law  (Read 2804 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Godwin's Law
« on April 28, 2016, 02:46:36 pm by MachoMadness »
A very serious issue is once again reduced to political pantomime. Is Ken Livingstone anti-Semitic? Oh yes he is! Oh no he isn't! The whole thing culminates in grown men shouting at each other about Hitler on the Daily Politics. A truly bizarre story, although Ken's thunderingly stupid, vaguely anti-Semitic comments seem to allow the press to conveniently forget Cameron's own thunderingly stupid, slightly-less-vaguely Islamophobic remarks from last week. Dave himself seems to have some trouble remembering this at his own EU Q&A. Strange that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Godwin's Law
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2016, 08:35:45 am by The Red Baron »
I'm not sorry to see Livingstone get his come-uppance. He's a deeply unpleasant man who has associated himself with some violent and dangerous people over the years. He's got away with it because he's on the Left. If he was a Tory he'd have been declared beyond the pale long ago.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2016, 01:57:27 pm by MachoMadness »
He really needs to stop banging on about Hitler at this point.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2016, 01:59:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Kind of what I feared about the Corbynistas.

Student politicians whose mouth run away with them when they get into their pet ideological themes.

What a f**king shambles. There's my chin Tories. Free punch.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2016, 12:09:47 am by BobG »
Ok. I'll fall for it.... How does one express distaste for and disagreement with decades of the politics, values, culture and behaviour of Jews in the state of Israel?

BobG

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2016, 07:38:38 am by wilts rover »
Very carefully, I think is the answer to your question Bob, and with a better understanding of the history of that state than Ken Livingstone has been showing and what the idea of 'transportation' might mean to Jewish people inside and outside of Israel today.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2016, 12:12:47 am by BobG »
:):) Yes. Ken made more than a rod for his own back didn't he?! But it's a scary thought that a bunch of aggressive, often untruthful, uncaring and deeply unpleasant people are rapidly becoming both untouchable and un 'criticisable'.

Bob

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2016, 02:04:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good God up above.

I've just heard Corbyn at PMQ. Cameron reciting a quote from Cirbyn years ago where he spoke about his "friends" in Hezbollah and Hamas and asked Corbyn if they were still his friends.

Corbyn prevaricated and hedged around the question 3 or 4 times.

f**k me but what a catastrophe this man is. There was a simple and bloody obvious answer that Corbyn should have said immediately. "I am no friend of anyone on either side of the struggle who supports or authorises indiscriminate bombings against civilians.

Easy. Done.

Not this idiot though. Because he is steeped in ideological purity and surrounded by people who do t seem to understand how this plays out to people outside his bubble.

Parliament is not a f**king Islington debating society. No one cares about the subtleties and nuances of an issue. They will hear that and think, "Yep. As we thought. Labour have a leader who supports suicide bombers."

For the first time in my life, I'm finding myself hoping that Labour get destroyed in the polls tomorrow so that we can get rid of this idiot before he destroys the bloody party.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2016, 10:50:18 am by Sprotyrover »
What gets me is there appears to be a sinister inner cabal of beardy sandal wearing left t**ts who can harness  a mob of thugs to threaten any decent Labour Party member who speaks out against them.
You used to be able to speak out against the likes of Gordon Brown and not have to worry about emails from t**ts threatening you and yours.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2016, 12:59:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
David Miliband would be the ideal candidate, for becoming leader of a party that can't take advantage of the mess the tories are in, because labour are worse!.
He has the statesmanlike qualities that the labour party is missing. Corbyn seems to have an interest in many things, but hasn't the concentration to focus on what is needed.
Very few people will want him in power, because they see a mish mash of a party, with no leadership, very sad to see, the worst tory government since Thatcher, and the labour party is rudderless, and unable to challenge them!.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2016, 10:15:58 pm by BobG »
If ther LibDems could produce a leader of substance and charisma, they'd become the official opposition in no time flat. They could wipe out huge chunks of the Labour Party on the way too. But this country is suffering from a vast dearth of such people. When Paddy Ashdown and David Steel are about the only names you can think of, you already know all is lost.

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2016, 07:54:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Hmmm, I call Godwin's Law on Boris's latest anti-EU bluster, he must be getting desperately short of fake 'facts' to litter his outpourings with.

I bet he doesn't get the same treatment Livingstone got from the media either..!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012