Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:11:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anybody else think Andy Williams did ok when he came on  (Read 2633 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
I thought he played ok. Anyone else got thoughts

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Anybody else think Andy Williams did ok when he came on
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2018, 10:59:20 am by RedJ »
Didn't do anything wrong for sure.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2018, 11:03:22 am by The Red Baron »
Out of the available options to partner Marquis, I'd say Williams is the best bet at the moment.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2018, 11:15:00 am by selby »
  The run down the left wing,and great through ball was a bit of class, where there had been nothing before he came on.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2018, 11:18:15 am by GazLaz »
He’s a quality player. I think Fergie just thinks he can get more value for money elsewhere though because he is on lumps.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2018, 11:21:32 am by DonnyOsmond »
He’s a quality player. I think Fergie just thinks he can get more value for money elsewhere though because he is on lumps.

Yeah.

He has had some bad games for us but so has Marquis but overall he's a decent player and a goalscorer, he's much better than May, that's for sure. Overall though we can probably get someone else for less wages so cash in.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2018, 11:24:50 am by adamtherover »
Fergies cut yet nose off routine with williams needed to stop. He dunt rate him, I get That,  but we needed more physical presence up front, thankfully he finally saw sense and put AW on.  I'd start him on Tuesday night...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2018, 11:44:38 am by ravenrover »
At least have brought him on half time if not even had started him. He is an experienced professional and a proven goalscorer, for me he should start our last 4 games and let Beestin start at the point of the diamond. Copps wide right Whiteman centre mid but then the conundrum is who can play wide left without slotting a square peg etc etc

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2018, 12:04:58 pm by GazLaz »
I wouldn’t even have Williams in the squad if he’s going. I wouldn’t want to be in the squad if I was Williams either. If he gets a bad injury it could stop him getting another club.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2018, 12:17:14 pm by balbyrover »
I wouldn’t even have Williams in the squad if he’s going. I wouldn’t want to be in the squad if I was Williams either. If he gets a bad injury it could stop him getting another club.

But on the same token if he knocks in 4/5/6 goals then he will probably have more suitors at the end of the season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2018, 12:21:50 pm by ravenrover »
If he did that I'd keep him😂

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2018, 12:42:36 pm by RoversAlias »
He misttimes every jump for a header and his first touch is largely rubbish. I used to really like him but injuries and lack of game time haven't helped. If he is to leave then I agree, I wouldn't bother playing him again.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2018, 02:00:02 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I think he's garbage and would bin him off at the end of the season. Offers little if he's not scoring.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2018, 02:09:47 pm by drfchound »
I have been saying for a while that AW should be partnering Marquis in some games.
At the very least he should be first attacking choice off the bench ahead of May.
This talk of him not having a good first touch etc is rubbish, he has good quality and in his cameo yesterday he did more than May in the whole of the time he was on the pitch.
I have nothing against Alfie may but in all honesty he does look out of his depth in L1 most of the time.
On Tuesday I don't think we will be able to compete with Blackburn and go at them gung ho so a cautious approach, with beestin behind marquis, would be a good option.
However if we are chasing the game with twenty minutes to go, for me, we should put Williams on the pitch with Marquis.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:22:49 pm by drfchound »

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2018, 02:13:21 pm by Park Rover »
Williams offered a lot more in the 20 minutes he was on the pitch than Alfie May did in the previous 70mins. Mays first touch is dreadful , he has no pace at all ( as we saw when he was clear through in the first half and had to stop to pass it back) and he has no physical presence and is pushed off the ball too easily.
May and Marquis do not work together. Williams and Marquis do. Williams works well off the ball pulling defenders out of position and creating space for Marquis.
I would play Williams in front of May every time

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2018, 05:14:42 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Agree I would play him over May but that's not saying much right now as both are league two at best. Williams has never apart from two mini spells found the consistency of his last year at Swindon. Granted if he hadnt got injured with 7 goals in 12 games at the start of the league two season he could have gone on to have a very good season and he was unlucky. But he managed just four league goals from Dec to May in league two in a promotion winning team. He's around 31 now had an extra season than ideally we would have liked and it's just been a wasted season for all parties. If Marquis has the heart of a lion then for me Williams as the heart of a pea. He isant great in the air or holding it up for his size and goes missing in games and missed too many great chances in important games for anyone to say he hasn't had enough chances. Big wages apparently that could go on potential. Sooner have someone like Stockley from Exeter for the wages, young and probably on the way up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:29:05 pm by Donny Exile in York »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2018, 05:31:14 pm by ravenrover »
The thing is right, sound a bit like Dean Saunders there, he's on our books for at least 4 more games, we are paying him good money allegedly, he is the other most experienced striker we have, at the moment we need 1 more win out of the 4 games, the 1 thing we are short of is goals so play him he can't do any worse than the alternatives at the moment

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2018, 05:40:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
Doesn’t matter whether it’s Williams or May both need service and they like Marquis don’t get unless they do it themselves. That’s why Beestin looks better because he more amidfield player. But all  a part John have real problems scoring.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2018, 07:06:38 pm by LincsRover »
He did ok, we still lost.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2018, 07:18:02 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Williams did more whilst partnering Marquis than May did. He has to start on Tuesday with Marquis as it's the only serious option we've got up front.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Williams did more whilst partnering Marquis than May did. He has to start on Tuesday with Marquis as it's the only serious option we've got up front.
[/quote

This.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 23, 2018, 10:37:52 am by colfromdonny »
It might help if he understood the offside rule.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 23, 2018, 01:47:04 pm by idler »
I think that he understands it as well as some officials that we have had recently.😉

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 23, 2018, 03:47:58 pm by colfromdonny »
True

TinyPortal © 2005-2012