Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:44:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That first goal  (Read 1482 times)

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
That first goal
« on May 06, 2024, 07:43:30 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Rodri...to De Bruyne....Haaland with the finish.  What a goal. Why am I getting O'Driscoll vibes recently  :scarf: you redz

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: That first goal
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2024, 10:25:16 pm by PDX_Rover »
Craig indicated where he wanted it from Haks too. Really well worked goal, and a difficult finish from Mols.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2024, 10:34:14 pm by dknward2 »
The only worry is the 3 players involved may not be here next season

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2024, 10:42:48 pm by normal rules »

This.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2024, 03:47:08 am by PDX_Rover »
Well, if they are, they are. Out of our hands.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2024, 06:46:18 am by Spud »
Blimey, enjoy the moment !
If they're not here next season, someone else will be, if you don't trust Grant by now...

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2024, 07:03:47 am by Nudga »
Blimey, enjoy the moment !
If they're not here next season, someone else will be, if you don't trust Grant by now...

Exactly this. GM and the scouting team will have other targets if these don't sign up for next season.
Ideally you'd want the three loanees back so that we have continuity going into next season.

The biggest person to keep over the summer is Grant himself.
The work he's done will be attracting loads of attention from clubs bigger than us.
Give him pay rise and back him with a good league 1 budget and give him the tools to get into the championship.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2024, 07:18:53 am by idler »
If Grant can attract players like this after three bad seasons I can’t see him struggling to attract good players after finishing the season like this. We are good to watch and play as a team. Most players have also improved under him. This won’t have gone unnoticed by players and agents.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2024, 07:33:24 am by Frankie Rennie »

They’d probably stay if you went up and on last nights evidence I’d say that’s very likely. Terrific performance last night and another similar on on Friday and you’re only one step away. Good luck guys.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2024, 08:05:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's such a joy to watch these 'Men at Work'. It's rare, we're this strong in all departments, back to front. They can adapt to everything and relish doing the mucky stuff before earning the right to play more expansive, inventive, fear free football.

Should they complete this journey, then they're going to write themselves into the book of Legends so we've really got to enjoy and appreciate every minute that's left. What happens after the very final whistle will be the start of another chapter.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2024, 08:19:16 am by Colin C No.3 »
It's such a joy to watch these 'Men at Work'. It's rare, we're this strong in all departments, back to front. They can adapt to everything and relish doing the mucky stuff before earning the right to play more expansive, inventive, fear free football.

Should they complete this journey, then they're going to write themselves into the book of Legends so we've really got to enjoy and appreciate every minute that's left. What happens after the very final whistle will be the start of another chapter.

Spot on.

This group have grown ‘stronger’, more aware of one another’s movements, the back four & keeper have a good understanding & as we saw last yet again, they cover for one another when ‘slip ups’ happen.

Always on the front foot, I know it’s only ‘half time’ in the fixture but this group won’t ‘sit back’, they know what needs to be done & I’m confident I’ll be seeing us lift that trophy at Wembley.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012