Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:55:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mansfield away  (Read 2714 times)

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
Mansfield away
« on July 17, 2011, 10:26:28 pm by DRFC.drummer »
is there a coach running to this game or if not is anybody going?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
Re: Mansfield away
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2011, 10:28:37 pm by Kenny_Senior »
I think Richard O'Kelly is going. Don't think he'll have the fitness to run there though.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2011, 10:57:45 pm by retford rover »
no coach to mansfield,,  nobody booked
i know its only a friendly,, but windows put through on several coaches on one of our last visits
not taking the risk  as there would probably be a low key affair by the police.......
We are taking a coach to carlisle which is nearly full, so book asap
also if enough interested to Sheff United and Grimsby
if you dont phoe to book we will not know how many want to go....

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 18, 2011, 10:04:10 am by DRFC.drummer »
ok cheers. is anybody going off to mansfield?

ryanb86

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2011, 10:33:38 am by ryanb86 »
does anyone know how much in? i work in sheffield so will go after work

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 18, 2011, 10:52:55 am by DRFC.drummer »
not sure around a fiver i think, im currently trying to find a route there and back thats all..

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2011, 12:28:00 pm by scuzzer »
I'm certainly going as i live pretty close to the shithole.

I can reccomend the Talbot on Nottingham Rd (A60) not far from the ground for a pre-match beverage, it's easy to find opposite the Sainsburys. There's loads of parking there, at the B+Q over the road and in the cinema behind Sainsburys for anyone not too familiar with the area. Believe me i wish i wasn't, it makes Donny look like Las Vegas!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 18, 2011, 12:30:58 pm by ravenrover »
Well this is classed as a home game for me, just over 3 miles to the ground. My pal a long time Manfield fan is picking me up at 6.00, we'll be in the Talbot by 6.15 which is a 10mins walk to the ground, and I'm in the \"home\" stand. Watch out if you are thinking of going in any of the pubs around the market place, The Victoria is a home pub so avoid that. The Talbot on the A60 going out of Mansfield is probably tghe nearest to the ground but again will probably be a home pub. Anyone coming down the M1 take the A38 turnoff and follow it all the way into Mansfield, there are a few pubs along, the Bold Forester has a decent selection of real ale, at the Bowling alley turn right and the groud is 1/4 mile down the road to Nottingham. The Talbot is on the left if you keep going past the ground opposite the Sainsbury Supermarket. Watch out if you park in their car park they do have wardens patrolling when Mansfield are at home as does the retail park at the back of the ground. :scarf:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 18, 2011, 12:39:14 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=168512
Well this is classed as a home game for me, just over 3 miles to the ground. My pal a long time Manfield fan is picking me up at 6.00, we'll be in the Talbot by 6.15 which is a 10mins walk to the ground, and I'm in the \"home\" stand. Watch out if you are thinking of going in any of the pubs around the market place, The Victoria is a home pub so avoid that. The Talbot on the A60 going out of Mansfield is probably tghe nearest to the ground but again will probably be a home pub. Anyone coming down the M1 take the A38 turnoff and follow it all the way into Mansfield, there are a few pubs along, the Bold Forester has a decent selection of real ale, at the Bowling alley turn right and the groud is 1/4 mile down the road to Nottingham. The Talbot is on the left if you keep going past the ground opposite the Sainsbury Supermarket. Watch out if you park in their car park they do have wardens patrolling when Mansfield are at home as does the retail park at the back of the ground. :scarf:

Just what i was thinking Raven!! Are you Ravenshead or Ravensdale?

racecourse red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 18, 2011, 02:45:41 pm by racecourse red »
is it pay on the gate ???

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 18, 2011, 05:08:13 pm by scuzzer »
Crikey, they've never heard of all ticket games down here!

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 18, 2011, 06:36:15 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Last train from Mansfield to Donny is 21:35, gets back in for about 23:25

Get ..

Donny to Retford return
Retford to Worksop return
Worksop to Mansfield return

I've got a YPR, direct journey was

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 18, 2011, 08:19:03 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=168514

For my sins it's Ravenshead, I'll be wearing my blue and black rain jacket so if you see me in the Talbot give me a nudge

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 19, 2011, 07:22:41 am by DonnyRTID »
We are driving down. Its pay on the gate, £10 adults £5 concessions and £5 to park at the ground.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 19, 2011, 07:45:10 am by DonnyRTID »
We are driving down. Its pay on the gate, £10 adults £5 concessions and £5 to park at the ground.

awsworth_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 19, 2011, 08:00:28 am by awsworth_rover »
Im going, I live in Awsworth, between Ilkeston and Eastwood, (M1 J26). Ill also be at the ironically named 'pride park, the european giants 'shitty ground', and Leicesters 'crisp factory'.

Tonight, ive blagged a seat in the players/directors lounge. Should be top snap in there, which for Mansfield, could potted dog on stale bread!

Scuzzer, might catch u for a pint if i get time to drop in.

Haggis

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 19, 2011, 08:23:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
5 of us off down in the car tonight (could be a bit cramped).

Still struggling on where to find a friendly drink, any tips?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 19, 2011, 11:13:34 am by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=168623
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=168514

For my sins it's Ravenshead, I'll be wearing my blue and black rain jacket so if you see me in the Talbot give me a nudge

Will look out for you pal, i'll likely have a hoodie and glasses. Could be worse than Ravenshead if you've got to live down this neck of the woods, i'm just round the corner at Harlow Wood. It certainly aint Donny tho, and there's not many places come into that category!

Defo call in Haggis lad if you get time, there's a few of us in from work and having been in the Directors suite at FM you don't want to be there too early, think the old bar in the main stand at OBV!

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 19, 2011, 11:15:54 am by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=168671

Aim for the Talbot BFYP opposite the Sainsburys, plenty of parking nearby too. It's not a bad boozer for down here, don't be tempted by the slightly smarter appearing Il Rosso over the road unless you like paying £5 for a pint of Peroni or something similar! For some reason the place seems to think it's in a different timezone to where its actually located - and gets away with it?!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 19, 2011, 11:26:35 am by RobTheRover »

My pals and I have a small tradition whenever we are playing Mansfield, Forest, etc, (harking back many years) which is stop off for a few shandies in Edwinstowe.  Every time we have done this, we havent seen the rovers lose.

Not going tonight, though!  gulp!

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 19, 2011, 11:33:54 am by Kenny_Senior »

Friendly. Mansfield.

Not going to happen.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 19, 2011, 12:07:38 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Just got back from visiting my Mansfield office.  The heavens opened whilst I was there and there was water 4 or 5 inches deep running down the streets.  It might dry out for tonight but it could be a very wet pitch if that continued much after I'd left

TinyPortal © 2005-2012