Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:47:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yesterday's "Penalties"  (Read 2424 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Yesterday's "Penalties"
« on January 07, 2018, 11:37:17 am by Donnywolf »
OK we have done the Ref to death BUT not seen much mention of the 4 (or was it more) Penalty shouts

I have said before because the Cameras are right above my head I only get the same view as I originally got whereas if you sit in South Stand you see 2 different views SO ...

...  lets list the potential Penalty shouts here and discuss whether they should / should not have been given

Quite often we have a Pen denied and when discussed on here we end up split 50/50 so this should be interesting

I can remember the Tommy Rowe one where he was launched into space and Copps being halted in his tracks but there were at least 2 more

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Yesterday's "Penalties"
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2018, 11:50:45 am by The Red Baron »
The one when Beestin ran into a couple of their defenders and was felled was in the "seen them given" category.

The other one, I thought May made a meal of the challenge. Not for me.

The Coppinger one was a stonewaller and should have been seen by both the referee and the "assistant." Pity neither was vaguely competent.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2018, 11:55:58 am by RoversAlias »
Coppinger was just shoved to the floor, no play on the ball. It was right in front of me and a definite penalty. Referee was right there too.

Not sure on the Beestin one, agree the May one wasn't but there was also a handball shout at one stage when I think Blair had brought the ball into the box and that looked obvious too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2018, 12:06:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thing that got me about the Coppinger penalty (which, I agree, lookeda stonewaller to me) was that the ref didn’t even do the crouching and crossing his arms below his waist thing to indicate that it wasn’t a penalty. That suggests that he (and presumably the linesman) simply didn’t see anything that even required him to make a decision.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2018, 12:31:11 pm by bobbymax »
The forearm smash on Copps was as clear a penalty as you'll ever see and a red card. He'd turned inside the full-back who just stuck his arm out and felled him.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2018, 02:06:38 pm by adamtherover »
On a side note,  the beeston miss really doesnt look like the miss of the season on the reply. He was 3 foot from the keeper in a straight line when it came to him.... really quite easy to actually hit the goalie from that distance..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2018, 02:51:51 pm by Campsall rover »
There were 2 possible pens on Rowe. One was a blatant dive the other was a definite pen for me.
The Copps one was as blatant as you could get and should have been a straight red.
Rochdale at that point should have been down to 9 men.
One of the others looked 50/50 some given some not. Was it Beestin? I think it may have been. Couple of other shouts also.
Not to get one was remarkable. One of the most inept displays from a ref I have seen. The irony is i thought Woolmer was a good ref.
Well I got that wrong big time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2018, 06:24:36 pm by Donnywolf »
There were 2 possible pens on Rowe. One was a blatant dive the other was a definite pen for me.

The Copps one was as blatant as you could get and should have been a straight red.
Rochdale at that point should have been down to 9 men.

Looks like the Copps one should have been judging by most comments on here

Tommy Rowe - did you mean the one just in Box second half in inside left position where he got launched was the deffo one ?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2018, 06:33:57 pm by Lesonthewest »
I thought the one on Rowe was the worst, absolute nailed on penalty. Had to just laugh at the ref in the end, we were getting nothing off him, & the way he ran, looked like he had someone elses legs.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2018, 06:49:48 pm by drfchound »
The Coppinger one was the most blatant to me.
Also the one where Marquis forced a mistake from a defender who handled the ball when he fell over.
A free kick was awarded against JM.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2018, 06:57:33 pm by Donnywolf »
... the way we played ( and did not score) it was probably a good thing we did not get any Penalties as we would probably have missed (whoever the taker and yes I know NM is 2 for 2)

...and I know the Ref was a k**b even though he has / had a good reputation. He was appalling from start to finish. Looking back he probably made a mistake giving the foul in the first minute against JM as later in the game he would have given us advantage when most times we did not have any advantage whatsoever.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2018, 07:45:18 pm by RoversAlias »
Also the one where Marquis forced a mistake from a defender who handled the ball when he fell over.

Thanks Hound, that's the one I was only half remembering earlier. Looked a clear handball and not a foul either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2018, 07:06:02 am by drfchound »

Thanks Hound, that's the one I was only half remembering earlier. Looked a clear handball and not a foul either.

Clearly not a foul.
The defender was trying to shepherd the ball out of play and JM just got a touch to take the ball away from him.
There was no player to player contact.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012