Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:33:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Greetings fellow Yorkshiremen...  (Read 2752 times)

Yogi

Greetings fellow Yorkshiremen...
« on August 11, 2021, 02:52:21 pm by Yogi »
Hi All,

Im a Wednesday fan come in peace... Not sure if ill be booted out.
I always had a soft spot for Doncaster growing up, of all our local rivals Doncaster always seemed the least offensive. Having moved away from Yorkshire (Northern Ireland, where everyone supports man u and liverpool) I keep an eye out for Doncaster scores, as well as Owls and so am particularly looking forward to this weekends game.

I just wondered what your thoughts/ predictions for the game are? Are there any hard feelings towards Moore or have you forgiven his abrupt departure?

If I get booted, good luck for Saturday and in the season to come.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Greetings fellow Yorkshiremen...
« Reply #1 on August 11, 2021, 03:09:33 pm by Draytonian III »
“Northern Ireland, where everyone supports Man U and Liverpool “ have a word Dutch Uncle !!!

Yogi

« Reply #2 on August 11, 2021, 03:14:53 pm by Yogi »
I've been priming my son, but my wife is working against me and trying to work on his love for Harry Kane (which has blossomed since the euros) to get him into a team everyone wont "laugh at".

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 11, 2021, 03:14:55 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Not confident at all, we have lots of key injuries and not had the easiest pre-season (COVID).

Still got some bad feelings towards DM mainly due to the nature of his departure.

He had preached about our community, the project, Club Doncaster etc. and then jumped ship to a basket case club (no disrespect, more aimed at your owners).

Hope that some of his signings are up for it (John, Bostock and Bogle) and we can grab a draw, but not really looking forward to it.

Best of luck for the season, except on Saturday and for the game at the Keepmoat!

He also left when we were on a big slide and left us with a squad full of players lacking the motivation required.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 11, 2021, 03:22:43 pm by Metalmicky »
Hi All,

I always had a soft spot for Doncaster growing up, of all our local rivals Doncaster always seemed the least offensive. Having moved away from Yorkshire (Northern Ireland, where everyone supports man u and liverpool) I keep an eye out for Doncaster scores, as well as Owls and so am particularly looking forward to this weekends game.

I just wondered what your thoughts/ predictions for the game are? Are there any hard feelings towards Moore or have you forgiven his abrupt departure?

You'll not get booted out we are generally a friendly bunch in here. 

Darren Moore leaving and the circumstances behind that make this a tastier fixture than it might have been.  We have a practically new 11 from Moore's time here with (I think) only one player from Darren's time at the helm.  I doubt there is one Donny fan who wouldn't relish getting one over against Moore, but TBF if it had been MK Dons, it would probably be the same

Think that it will be interesting to pitch Wellens against Moore and see what happens - there is no doubt that you should win on paper - but games aren't played on paper and provided Covid doesn't rob us of players - two may miss game - then it will be an opportunity to see that after a difficult pre-season, we have built some spirit and teamwork in what is a largely new squad.

Will be a difficult game - but I'll go for a hopeful 1:1.  Good luck to you. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:25:15 pm by Metalmicky »

Yogi

« Reply #5 on August 11, 2021, 03:23:41 pm by Yogi »
Yeah, Chansiri is not one of my favourite people. He's starting to act more like a football owner now, but I'm not sure he isn't just letting Moore act like a director of football and run it all (which is fine till he jumps ship and we revert to type).
Sorry to hear about COVID affecting you guys. Hopefully we are coming out of the other side now with that - the league and clubs should encourage vaccinations to protect their product (though obviously they cant MAKE anyone take it).
Did Moore bring in some good players for you? He's been behind a massive recruitment drive for us (12 and counting), but its hard to know if they will work out. Whats his track record like?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 11, 2021, 03:23:54 pm by andyst79 »
I'm sure if we press high up the pitch when Wednesday continually attempt to play out from the back we will have some success

Yogi

« Reply #7 on August 11, 2021, 03:30:22 pm by Yogi »
Probably - We have a new keeper who has been playing the "Burnley way" for a few years. Hes got to take time to adapt.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 11, 2021, 03:46:10 pm by Metalmicky »
Did Moore bring in some good players for you? He's been behind a massive recruitment drive for us (12 and counting), but its hard to know if they will work out. Whats his track record like?

We had some good loan players in Jacob Ramsey, Taylor Richards, Matt Smith, Josh Sims...... but whether the funds weren't there or Covid hit our slush fund, he didn't trouble with too many permanent signings.  He seemed to have a good reputation in the game (before fooking us over) and managed to tap into it.  Who are his stand out signings for Wednesday?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:50:25 pm by Metalmicky »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 11, 2021, 03:52:59 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Youre more than welcome here, sir. We've had our resident Barnsley fans bickering on here before so hopefully you can have it out with the Blade who pops up from time to time. Thatll make for better reading than the constant board bashing we're used to.

As for the game, I'm not confident. Which means we'll shithouse a 1-0.

Darrens a big dafty & you're more than welcome to him!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 11, 2021, 04:35:24 pm by roversdude »
Yogi welcome I think some of our forum members will be cheering Wednesday on as they can’t wait to bash our board. Think they need to take a long hard look at your owner and count themselves lucky we have ours.
The football we played under Moore was dismal but it was considered work in progress as he had bought into the whole community project……or so we thought.
As to the match I think it’s a little too early in our stop start pre/season/rebuild to expect anything other than a loss. Just hoping we are both better than the first game

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 11, 2021, 04:43:42 pm by Donnybax »
Moore’s recruitment was dreadful. Seems to have signed some decent players at Wednesday though I wonder if someone else is doing it for him

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 11, 2021, 04:44:51 pm by normal rules »
Hi All,

Phil old leake lives in NI.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 11, 2021, 04:49:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Hi All,

Phil old leake lives in NI.

We both live in the same town

Where are you living Yogi?

Yogi

« Reply #14 on August 11, 2021, 04:53:31 pm by Yogi »

We had some good loan players in Jacob Ramsey, Taylor Richards, Matt Smith, Josh Sims...... but whether the funds weren't there or Covid hit our slush fund, he didn't trouble with too many permanent signings.  He seemed to have a good reputation in the game (before fooking us over) and managed to tap into it.  Who are his stand out signings for Wednesday?

Baily Peacock-Farrel is my favourite - Our keepers were both terrible and he's a step up. Lee Gregory could be another good one and Lewis Wing is too good for this level (I hope). We also got a winger from Wolves, Corbeanu who the wolves fans rate very highly (I have high hopes).

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 11, 2021, 04:56:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Moore is less.

Yogi

« Reply #16 on August 11, 2021, 04:56:25 pm by Yogi »

Where are you living Yogi?
[/quote]

I live in Newtownards - not far from Belfast.

Yogi

« Reply #17 on August 11, 2021, 05:02:18 pm by Yogi »
Moore’s recruitment was dreadful. Seems to have signed some decent players at Wednesday though I wonder if someone else is doing it for him

I really wouldnt have thought it. Our recruitment has previously been handled by an agent called Amedeau Paxiao, who has bought players with no resale value in their early 30's. It is what has got us in the financial FFp mess we have been in.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 11, 2021, 05:06:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Phil and I are close to you. Not too sure how many messages a new member needs to send/receive a PM bit will try.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 11, 2021, 05:09:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Phil and I are close to you. Not too sure how many messages a new member needs to send/receive a PM bit will try.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 11, 2021, 05:21:24 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thanks DVR.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 11, 2021, 05:43:03 pm by NickDRFC »

Or maybe someone else was doing it here for him? Adam Henshall was credited with the good signings wasn’t he so may have also been responsible for the duffers.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 11, 2021, 07:19:09 pm by Upton Rover »
DM may get you out of L1 but he’s not a championship manager, I would have a wager that he will be sacked before RW

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 11, 2021, 08:31:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
how are cotton wool sales going in Sheffield ....   so they don't have to listen to  "moore dribble " ?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 11, 2021, 09:32:53 pm by belton rover »
Has Moore bought into the Wednesday community yet? Has he asked you all to have faith in what he is doing?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 12, 2021, 12:07:09 am by danumdon »
Lost all respect for Moore, minced in through the front door bleating piety and respect for our Club Doncaster project, left through the back door under a massive cloud, the blokes not authentic.

Watch out if Barnsley come calling, be gone quicker than you can say sneaky,twisting,two faced tw*t

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 12, 2021, 12:18:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
Of course we don't know everything that goes off behind closed doors but going on what I know it looks like he's been rather hypocritical based on his previous emphasis on loyalty.

I also think his belief in himself exceeds his actual ability.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 12, 2021, 12:33:11 am by River Don »
It's a great shame how DM went about things at the end with Rovers. it disillusioned a lot of people who will have had fond memories of him as a player.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 12, 2021, 09:27:30 am by sheffield exile1 »
At least McCann made no bones about his departure. Most sickening comment from Moore was he knew Rovers fans would wish him well... Thought athletes weren't supposed to take drugs??

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 12, 2021, 10:14:59 am by sha66y »
DM may get you out of L1 but he’s not a championship manager, I would have a wager that he will be sacked before RW

RW will not be sacked!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012