Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:43:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: THANK YOU RICHIE  (Read 2709 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: THANK YOU RICHIE
« Reply #30 on December 03, 2021, 08:33:46 am by Pancho Regan »
I can't say I was 100% convinced that RW was the right appointment but once I heard his interview after he got the job I was really inspired.

His vision of recreating an 'identity' for the team and reproducing some of the wonderful, entertaining football which had us dubbed 'The Arsenal of the North' was music to my ears. I knew it wouldn't be easy and would take time, but I totally bought into it.

But I was very disappointed, not to say alarmed, by our abject failure during the transfer window. I did feel more sympathetic after listening to RW's explanation as to how it all seemed to go wrong at the last minute, but deep down I was concerned. There seemed to be an element of panic which didn't bode well.

I've not openly criticised RW or the team on here because that's not my style, but the performances have become increasingly unacceptable and worrying. More worrying for me have been RW's recent post-match interviews. Not impressive.

Nevertheless, I'm really sad that it hasn't worked out for RW. Personally it hasn't tarnished the wonderful memories I have of him as a player. He was never a character I warmed to as a player but he was an integral part of the best midfield I've ever seen at Rovers, and that can't ever change.

Good luck for the future Richie. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 03, 2021, 12:29:16 pm by kirk »
Thankyou Richie not given a chance it will be all your fault at Meet the Owners meeting You’ll get all the blame. Baldwin snd Blunt should take some blame but they won’t

Then go to the MTO and tell them, Steve. That's what the meetings are for.

How's it formatted, just stick your hand up and ask what you like ? Never been always felt too young.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 03, 2021, 02:33:42 pm by silent majority »
Thankyou Richie not given a chance it will be all your fault at Meet the Owners meeting You’ll get all the blame. Baldwin snd Blunt should take some blame but they won’t

Then go to the MTO and tell them, Steve. That's what the meetings are for.

How's it formatted, just stick your hand up and ask what you like ? Never been always felt too young.

That's how it works.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 03, 2021, 04:29:55 pm by EasyforDennis »
I’m sure we won’t be able to move for all the board hating keyboard warriors

If they are keyboard warriors they won't be there will they?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 03, 2021, 06:02:26 pm by wing commander »
I know a few things about Mr Wellens time as both a player and a manager and like Martin I was amazed he was given the job..An absolute gifted player who is one of the best I've seen in a Rovers shirt..But the fact I'm raising a glass tonight that he's no longer associated with my club should tell you the rest..Rigo blog post has already been attacked as just his opinion but even though I don't know Rigo we obviously know the same people close to the club..

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 03, 2021, 06:24:22 pm by Upton Rover »
I will have a drink too and looking forward to tomorrow’s match for the first time since RW has been in charge win draw or lose

TinyPortal © 2005-2012