Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:06:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Board Confidence  (Read 2715 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Board Confidence
« on March 08, 2023, 11:44:25 am by Upton Rover »
We have all put up with a lot and watched as our great club has descended into a downward spiral for a few years even though many of millions have been wasted and thrown at poor players and inept inexperienced managers/head coaches and other back room staff.
The board has no strategy, no direction, no forward thought and no long term plan for the club?
They all need to be replaced with a group of people who understand football and the running of a football club and can give us the strategy we need ? A group who can spend the available funding wisely rather than wasting it?
Our current board should hang their heads in shame for what they are doing to us by their lack of skill, management or commitment?

There's no apparent structure in terms of scouting network and the youth development seems poor. This is surely the remit of the board but they clealry don't know how to run a modern EFL outfit.

I want a club to be proud of again and a good atmosphere at Eco Power . I don't think that's possible with the lack of communication of strategic direction and plans to put things right.

It’s sad to see the continuous decline of our football club that is struggling to compete both on and off the pitch. The club is not keeping up with the progressing football industry and commercial landscape, with its sleepwalking board. The club and the fans deserve better.

We need a new fresh beginning. We require energetic young executives to take the club, team and infrastructure forward.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Board Confidence
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2023, 11:55:05 am by ravenrover »
Hang on, is that your alarm clock going off?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2023, 12:18:20 pm by Upton Rover »
You think I’m wrong then?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2023, 12:29:38 pm by since-1969 »
Results over the past two seasons say that you are NOT wrong !!

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 08, 2023, 12:41:18 pm by oggycompton »
Results over the past two seasons say that you are NOT wrong !!

Two seasons? Way more than that. Downward spiral of rubbish with a sprinkling of above average performance mixed in.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 08, 2023, 01:17:17 pm by ravenrover »
You're dreaming

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 08, 2023, 01:23:30 pm by Upton Rover »
You're dreaming
The board, coaching staff and players are all in dream land, I recently saw Scarborough beat Kidderminster 1-0 and believe me it was far more exciting and interesting than last nights game, and every player gave 100% and the manager knew what he was doing. Much better that that rubbish last night, they all need to be ashamed

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 08, 2023, 01:29:05 pm by Filo »
I’ve seen more exiting games of Subbuteo than that shit last night

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2023, 01:39:27 pm by ravenrover »
You're dreaming
The board, coaching staff and players are all in dream land, I recently saw Scarborough beat Kidderminster 1-0 and believe me it was far more exciting and interesting than last nights game, and every player gave 100% and the manager knew what he was doing. Much better that that rubbish last night, they all need to be ashamed
Now I can agree with that post

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2023, 01:55:45 pm by since-1969 »
I don’t want YET another season of paying to see useless decisions by those , who supposedly have the Clubs best interests . Ever since Darren Moore left the club has fallen off a footballing cliff . 4 managers later countless player signings we are still sliding down to the National League , where John Ryan rescued the club from . This board of directors are blind to the belief that we are a Championship club in waiting !! So why don’t they just F***off and let the people ARE supporters run the club !!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2023, 02:56:23 pm by ravenrover »
And your financial backing comes from?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2023, 03:02:37 pm by Upton Rover »
New investors , they are out there
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 03:20:53 pm by Upton Rover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2023, 03:13:32 pm by ravenrover »
They've not come forward yet

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2023, 03:22:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
It doesn’t change the fact that many are disillusioned and have no confidence in the current lot!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2023, 03:22:37 pm by Upton Rover »
Did Sequentia offer investment a few years ago? And it was rejected

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2023, 03:25:48 pm by Filo »

And a good job too, they went out of business

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2023, 03:30:05 pm by ravenrover »
Now you are just having a laugh Sequentia !!!!!!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2023, 03:30:46 pm by eastender »

Weren't they the Irish venture capitalists that JR wanted on board, if so i don't think that they would have been good for the club.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2023, 04:20:49 pm by Barmby Rover »
Maybe the current board do have a long term plan, it just needs Rovers to be out of the way to carry it out.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2023, 04:27:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I don’t want YET another season of paying to see useless decisions by those , who supposedly have the Clubs best interests . Ever since Darren Moore left the club has fallen off a footballing cliff . 4 managers later countless player signings we are still sliding down to the National League , where John Ryan rescued the club from . This board of directors are blind to the belief that we are a Championship club in waiting !! So why don’t they just F***off and let the people ARE supporters run the club !!

People like you running the club? No thanks.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2023, 06:19:57 pm by Upton Rover »

How should it be run Wigley?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 08, 2023, 06:34:41 pm by roversdude »
We’d have a new manager every time we got beat

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 08, 2023, 07:33:31 pm by since-1969 »
We’re told that we’re self sufficient? So why aren’t the board making provisions to hand the club to a “Supporters Trust”?  This board has benefited from all those who paved the way from the National League to the Championship on the back of the Rovers notoriety for good football and player  growth .
We are all being denied the opportunity to build a more substantial relationship with the club and have a hands on say in its running ! Baldwin has turned the club into a facility where sports are played and memberships are sold , all at the expense of the club’s heritage that is ‘Doncaster Rovers football club’  .
 Facts are it’s a business like any other now and it’s for sale just not to US … the fans ! 

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 08, 2023, 07:49:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
It's a pity that the board seems to have a view of Club Doncaster being sustainable as a Mid Table 2 Football club, bit sad really as Blunt is worth more than Jr, (£28 Million) Bramhall is a big  financial hitter worth (£400 Million) and if the Watson family are still about (£100 million) Its a pity they don't seem to have ambitions to progress the club, maybe recent history has played a part in this (JR'S Experiment cost Circa £14millionI believe) well it's their money not ours and we can't dictate how they spend it, Does Blunt act as Chairman free Gratis ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 07:51:26 pm by Sprotyrover »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 08, 2023, 07:54:53 pm by mushRTID »
I believe Blunts first words spoken at the meet the owners were to suggest we all bring a friend to up the budget.

I wouldn’t wish last night on my enemies!

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 08, 2023, 08:02:35 pm by WantleyDragon »

How do you know that ?

The owners have said before that they don't want outside investment. But would sell the club to the right people.

Put the club up for sale, and find out.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 08, 2023, 08:39:12 pm by ravenrover »
The club would have changed ownership if they had, or is that too difficult to get your business accumen around
I repeat seeing as it didn't sink in 1st time, the club is always up for sale to the right people, in the current owners opinion

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 08, 2023, 08:45:17 pm by ravenrover »
We’re told that we’re self sufficient? So why aren’t the board making provisions to hand the club to a “Supporters Trust”?  This board has benefited from all those who paved the way from the National League to the Championship on the back of the Rovers notoriety for good football and player  growth .
We are all being denied the opportunity to build a more substantial relationship with the club and have a hands on say in its running ! Baldwin has turned the club into a facility where sports are played and memberships are sold , all at the expense of the club’s heritage that is ‘Doncaster Rovers football club’  .
 Facts are it’s a business like any other now and it’s for sale just not to US … the fans ! 
Do you think TB will just give the club away? If it's up for sale where are these multi millionaire  fans coming from to buy it? Can you put a figure on how much to buy the Club? I can't
And in the instance when outgoings exceed income for whatever reason  where does the finance come from then?
You live in a dreamland

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 08, 2023, 08:57:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

By people I could trust to run it properly.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 08, 2023, 09:28:20 pm by Upton Rover »

By people I could trust to run it properly.
Give a honest answer, do you think that the current board, are running the club properly? and can you trust them? If the answer is yes, what do we need to do to get back on the right tracks?, because these past 2 years have been a massive derailment and there’s nothing that I can see that will resolve the mess we find ourselves in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012