Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:39:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57664 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK further update.
« Reply #150 on October 01, 2018, 08:52:18 pm by drfchound »
Kywomya is easy to forget.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on October 01, 2018, 09:52:26 pm by RedJ »
Kywomya is easy to forget.

Even when he's playing he's easy to forget!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on October 02, 2018, 09:59:34 am by ravenrover »
Who?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on October 02, 2018, 02:38:49 pm by selby »
  If you have a bad memory, you will be hard pushed to remember some of our player's last league goal it has been that long.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on October 03, 2018, 01:27:55 pm by Alickismyhero »

a Morcambe supporter comment about a Mandy assist last night.

It was a lovely goal. Mandeville beat about three players having run from his own half, then slotted the ball through to Cranston. I thought his first touch was a bit heavy, but his second was a cracker!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on October 03, 2018, 07:53:51 pm by ravenrover »
  If you have a bad memory, you will be hard pushed to remember some of our player's last league goal it has been that long.
Go on then Selby name the player, sorry players you are referring to

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on October 03, 2018, 10:01:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
think i know who it is......

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on October 04, 2018, 12:04:51 am by RedJ »
A child could see through his thinly veiled digs.

It's almost as if he's actively wanting the player to not succeed just to be proven right...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on October 04, 2018, 01:24:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
He must be referring to Copps?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on October 04, 2018, 02:39:55 pm by VivaRovers »
Only just braved this thread... it's hard to get through it without coming to one of the following conclusions.
- Alfie May lets his dog sh*t on selby's lawn
- selby is Liam Mandeville

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on October 04, 2018, 04:46:20 pm by selby »
  Viva , if it did it would be posted back to him. In league games since last Christmas as far as I can tell the following players including starts and cameos as substitutes have returned the following.
  Beestin 20 games only one this season 2 goals the last one on 13th of February v Plymouth
  Kiwomya 14 games  3 this season last goal 17th of February v Fleetwood.
  Khemis 2 games none this season last goal 20th of January v Shrewsbury
  May 17 games 8 this season last goal the 9th of January
   Taylor 7 substitute appearances 0 goals
  That is five goals between them and none this season when we have been quite open and expansive in our play, rather stark reading, and plainly not good enough in my opinion.
  Add to that most of those players have played in development games we have lost to league two sides, have lost to Newcastle U21's and when we were knocked out by Blackpool in the league cup.
  All those players would be on the field next Tuesday v Grimsby and told prior to the game what is expected of them as far as a result against a team, if they play their first eleven sit at the bottom of league 2.
  I have put it simply so that Viva, Rj, RR, and Steve  can understand my child like thinking, and if any of them can explain their logic I will be interested to read it, but please keep it simple for my sake.
  You can add to that, the only one I would think of keeping at the end of the season would be May, that may surprise a few.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on October 04, 2018, 05:00:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Point of order - Alfie May has not scored a league goal in 2018.

His last league goal was at home vs Rochdale on 29 December.

Also noteworthy that in the last 12 calendar months, May has scored two goals - the one against Rochdale and one this season in the League Cup vs Blackpool.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on October 04, 2018, 05:35:11 pm by scawsby steve »
  Viva , if it did it would be posted back to him. In league games since last Christmas as far as I can tell the following players including starts and cameos as substitutes have returned the following.
  Beestin 20 games only one this season 2 goals the last one on 13th of February v Plymouth
  That is five goals between them and none this season when we have been quite open and expansive in our play, rather stark reading, and plainly not good enough in my opinion.
  Add to that most of those players have played in development games we have lost to league two sides, have lost to Newcastle U21's and when we were knocked out by Blackpool in the league cup.
  All those players would be on the field next Tuesday v Grimsby and told prior to the game what is expected of them as far as a result against a team, if they play their first eleven sit at the bottom of league 2.
  I have put it simply so that Viva, Rj, RR, and Steve  can understand my child like thinking, and if any of them can explain their logic I will be interested to read it, but please keep it simple for my sake.
  You can add to that, the only one I would think of keeping at the end of the season would be May, that may surprise a few.

Brian, please explain in simple detail why you think GM was wrong to let Mandeville and McCullough go out on loan.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on October 04, 2018, 05:45:24 pm by VivaRovers »

[remembers pitfalls of trying to post a nice light tongue in cheek comment on a forum]

I haven't actually made any point regarding any players on this thread, or indeed any case for any of them.

All I will say is fringe players are always likely to struggle to score goals regularly. And the way things are going so far I'm pretty happy to trust McCann's judgement about which players should be here and which should be out on loan more than my own. I think that's reasonably logical like, but there you go.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on October 04, 2018, 05:54:24 pm by steve@dcfd »

In the first 11 games of this season Marquis 8, Wilks 4, Blair 3 and six others have 1 goal. This must improve especially from players who are starting a majority of games and are in a attacking role. We need Tommy fit he scored goals last season in fact he was the second highest.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on October 04, 2018, 06:06:11 pm by scawsby steve »

In the first 11 games of this season Marquis 8, Wilks 4, Blair 3 and six others have 1 goal. This must improve especially from players who are starting a majority of games and are in a attacking role. We need Tommy fit he scored goals last season in fact he was the second highest.

Those stats aren't correct for the first 11 league games Steve; Wilks has 3 goals, and 4 others have 1 goal.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on October 04, 2018, 06:30:57 pm by steve@dcfd »

Those stats aren't correct for the first 11 league games Steve; Wilks has 3 goals, and 4 others have 1 goal.

Yes just checked BBC have counted the EFL Cup aswell has league games. But the point counts we need more players to score than relying on John.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on October 04, 2018, 06:37:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Obviously the fringe players who barely play (and mostly off the bench when they do) are not going to have scored many goals between them. Once you score regularly you tend to get in the team.

Last season for me is irrelevant due to the managerial change and playing style. May and Taylor are chief back up for Marquis but Marquis is the league's top scorer so we haven't needed goals from the bench. Wilks has scored a few and now Blair too. Kiwomya failed to impress and Beestin has barely had a kick.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on October 04, 2018, 07:30:32 pm by RedJ »
It's also important to remember that Mandeville is playing at a lower level...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on October 04, 2018, 07:32:56 pm by selby »
   Steve, I don't know if I have ever said anything about Grant's judgement, although I do think he has been quick to get rid of those two in my opinion.
  However I don't blame them two for wanting away as they will and are doing well away from here, and have backed themselves to do so, also other teams came in for them, which has not exactly been the case with other players.
  McCullough first, ended last season as one of our better players as a defensive midfielder, and can also play central defender. If two of Wright, Anderson, and Butler end up injured at the same time we are in trouble, left with one of those three, a junior, or a make up such as Mason. Fair does to Whiteman this season, McCullough would have been hard pushed to do as well, but at Plymouth, when he was suspended  we were lucky to be playing a poor team attacking wise, as we were short in front of the central defenders, and Wright and Butler did well on more than one occasion to step up and snuff out a problem.  All this was foreseeable and if McCullough was not insisting on wanting away I would have tried to keep him.
 Mandeville was here under Grant for four days, Friday he was appointed and did media work, Saturday  we played Alfreton, where Mandeville looked the best attacker in the first half. Sunday a day off, Monday he and Garrett were told to train with the juniors, Tuesday he went to Morecambe. I think he was told by the past manager to get rid, or Mandeville has upset or said something to one of our higher echelons and has no place here. he definitely was not given a chance to prove his worth.
  Now I will ask you a question, on Tuesday night a Morecambe fan wrote on their forum, Mandeville picked a ball up and went on a run beating three players before putting a great ball through for us to score( or words to that effect from memory).
   You have watched those players the same as me over the last few seasons, forget the goals he scores when others don't, how many times have you seen any of them do what that guy reported Mandeville did in a game? and he did it for us at Cheltenham and Exeter to set up Marquis.
  They are both better off away from here, and will do well.
  And to answer RJ you can't get a much lower level than our development side, and some have not cut it or pulled trees up in that team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on October 04, 2018, 07:36:22 pm by RedJ »
You can't compare development football to League football and if that's genuinely what you're doing then what you're trying to say has very little credibility.

It's like comparing what's become of the Football League Trophy to proper League and Cup matches. Then again...

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on October 04, 2018, 07:43:58 pm by Alickismyhero »
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11515905/cheltenham-2-2-morecambe

Stand back assess Mandy fairly in this clip of film.

Mandy is instrumental in setting up both Morecambe goals.

He is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on October 04, 2018, 08:05:38 pm by selby »
  Keep looking for excuses for them RedJ, you will soon disappear up your own backside.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on October 04, 2018, 08:21:44 pm by RoversAlias »
  Keep looking for excuses for them RedJ, you will soon disappear up your own backside.

Massively ironic statement, this.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on October 04, 2018, 08:22:29 pm by RedJ »
So you're telling me reserve level football is played at the same level of intensity as a proper match then? okay. Literally no point in responding to you if you genuinely think that the two are comparable.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on October 04, 2018, 08:23:16 pm by NickDRFC »

You disappeared up Mandeville’s a long time ago 😜

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on October 04, 2018, 08:36:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
When it comes to Mandy Selby is right.

I have been to watch Mandy play, I have watched all the games highlights he has played in and Mandy, although played out of position, has played extremely well.

AS I have said before I don't see him coming back but I think he will play at a higher level than 2nd division.

I don't know what went wrong at Donny for Mandy because GM never seemed to give Mandy time to prove himself.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:04:59 pm by Alickismyhero »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on October 04, 2018, 09:02:29 pm by drfchound »
Selby, to be fair the May, in your player stats above you have shown Taylor as having made seven sub appearances but no goals scored.
You have shown May as having eight appearances, but forgot(?) to say how many were sub appearances for him.
Without looking, is it all eight?
Mandeville has been a regular starter for his now L2 team so is on the pitch for more minutes than players who come on as a sub so is likely to have more chance of scoring, especially at a lower level, when he is apparently a seriously good player.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on October 04, 2018, 10:01:33 pm by selby »
Hound, I honestly don't know, I think he has had one start, when we played three up front, but he has had a few quite lengthy sub appearances.
 His general play has been OK, but he misses chances, one at Plymouth a bad miss from six yards, and a heavy first touch losing the chance in the box at Accrington.
  He did well with a header at Accrington from six yards  but the goalkeeper made a good save.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on October 04, 2018, 10:04:39 pm by drfchound »
To be fair selby, it was a very good save by the keeper.
We would have been praising Marco if he had made that save.
I agree that it looked to be an easy chance but we know that the hardest job in football is to put the ball in the net.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012