Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:00:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57668 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #270 on October 22, 2018, 08:18:09 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
  Alick the list of football supporters who don't know what they are talking about is getting longer every week.
   Just ask RJ and RA.

Any need to bring this thread into dispute again with a comment like that? I want to read about Mandys recent form. Not another 2 page of b*llocks of the same folk firing shots at each other.

Thank you for the update Alick.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on October 22, 2018, 08:20:53 pm by RedJ »
Ah yes because he's doing well in a LOWER DIVISION that obviously means he'll slot right into our system and be the dog's b*llocks eh.

Can't f**king leave it alone can you.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on October 22, 2018, 08:59:45 pm by Alickismyhero »
Calm down boys its a forum not a boxing ring different opinions are welcome.

Lets get back to humour and intelligence  to get your views across.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on October 22, 2018, 09:15:52 pm by RoversAlias »
  Alick the list of football supporters who don't know what they are talking about is getting longer every week.
   Just ask RJ and RA.

I had actually taken the advice of Alick and others and decided to just move on from this thread instead of continuing to comment about you or Mandy. Shame you feel the need to drag it all up again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on October 22, 2018, 10:10:46 pm by dickos1 »
I’m sure the man hugs would have been down to him being an ex team mate last season.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on October 22, 2018, 11:35:38 pm by Alickismyhero »
dickos1,

I just don't  get your comment  suggesting “it was down to the  ex team mates to explain the  “Man Hugs”  after the game.

You seem to ignore the rest of the comments about Mandy's performance eg

“ an awesome performance yesterday, he was kicked, body checked, elbowed, and still came up with a performance which would not have looked out of place in the championship"

I have not read one negative comment about Mandy during his time at Morecambe and he's 15/16 games in to the season. He's  lazy, inconsistent, unfit, disinterested, not committed etc. Not one bad comment and if I had found one I would have posted it,in fact, if you look back I am the only one that has been critical of Mandy's performance, he can't tackle.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on October 23, 2018, 06:27:34 am by dickos1 »
I didn’t mean anything by it,
Just I think that the hugging at the end of the game will be more to do with him being friends with their players rather than them hugging him because they think he played well.
I’m happy he’s doing well, he’s a good player and hopefully this spell will get his head right and we offer him a contract, cause I’ve no doubt he will be a good player at league 1 level and maybe championship in the future

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on October 23, 2018, 07:34:11 am by Alickismyhero »
dickos,

I totally agree with you.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on October 23, 2018, 11:29:33 am by sha66y »
Maybe this topic should be “ informative “ only....
No comments allowed, just people reading and being happy that he’s doing well...
I don’t understand the negativity or vitriol surrounding the issues...Mandeville is one of OUR players until he isn’t....and I for one hope that GM is keeping close tabs on a player getting good reviews whilst being played out of position.....
We shall see what is in GMs thoughts later in the season I feel

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on October 23, 2018, 06:25:37 pm by drfchound »
dickos,

Really?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on October 23, 2018, 06:37:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
dickos,

Really?

To be precise Hound,

dickos said:

"I’m happy he’s doing well, he’s a good player and hopefully this spell will get his head right and we offer him a contract, cause I’ve no doubt he will be a good player at league 1 level and maybe championship in the future"

I agree but not sure about him coming back!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on November 04, 2018, 12:55:11 am by selby »
  Another assist setting up Morecambe's first goal, and also brought down in the box for a penalty, however missed by another player.
  A supporter commented on their forum that the game changed when he was brought off and they ended the game hanging on to a win against Yeovil.
  Meanwhile over at Tranmere their defence kept another clean sheet   and keep climbing the table since McCullough went there, and he looks to be well over his injury problems hardly missing any playing time since he went there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:57:44 am by selby »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on November 04, 2018, 08:56:50 am by Alickismyhero »
Selby,

You beat me to it, I was in bed for 9.30 last night, shattered and I thought the M25 was bad the M11 was worse! both ways.

I don't understand why Mandy never took the penalty because he seems to take all the dead ball kicks.

I posed a couple of questions on the Morecambe supporters forum just now and waiting to see any replies.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on November 04, 2018, 09:15:37 am by keith79 »
Putting a link to the Morecambe  forum would be great. 🎆🎈✨🎉

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on November 04, 2018, 10:27:38 am by DonnyOsmond »
Putting a link to the Morecambe  forum would be great. 🎆🎈✨🎉

Try the thread at the top of the forum called Links to other forums or Google.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on November 04, 2018, 12:22:22 pm by Alickismyhero »
A few more comments from their Forum:

Their forum...……...http://giraffe.arvixe.com/~iomkeith/shrimpsvoices/viewforum.php?f=1

---------------------------------------------------

He had another excellent game. Superb pass to A-Jay for our first goal. He was fouled for the penalty that would have put us 2-0 up had we scored it.

------------------------------------------------------

I think he was subbed because we were hanging on a bit and Yeovil were looking like equalising so Jim took Mandy off to put a holding midfielder on and it worked.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell GS. The lad is in my opinion..” worth his weight in gold.” Always the potential to do something special at any point during the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He had a few classy touches but otherwise I thought he had a quiet game. Oates was livelier on the opposite flank, hence Mandy gave way for the substitution.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have rather he stayed on rather than bring in Kev to replace him. At least Liam can defend.
Man of the match last home game as well.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on November 04, 2018, 12:36:44 pm by phil old leake »
Bring him back I always thought he did ok until DF fell out with him

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on November 04, 2018, 12:55:23 pm by Alickismyhero »
Phil,

I don't see Mandy coming back and OK it looks like Fergy couldn't manage Mandy but it was GM who put Mandy out on a year long loan having made his opinion in a matter of days of seeing him play.

Mandy has something to prove and he is going the right way to do it. In my opinion, having watched that poor game at Charlton,Mandy is better than we have got at Donny, a waste of talent.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #288 on November 04, 2018, 02:10:09 pm by Alickismyhero »
This the nearest I have had to a negative comment about Mandy from Morecambe and appears to be a regular comment made about him at Donny.

------------------------------------------------------

He was clearly unfit when he came here, the Crewe game highlighted that but we were collectively crap that day anyway. Jim is good at handling "lost" players and you can now see a confident Mandy who never stops running for the cause.
You can see he's enjoying it here and will probably know the consequences of stepping out of line.
Hopefully we can hang onto him for an extended period

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on November 04, 2018, 02:33:37 pm by Alickismyhero »
A few more comments from Morecambe:

I asked them to be critical of Mandy and I took negative quotes about Mandy from our forum, because all I have read are positive comments from Morecambe. This is what I got:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fitness was maybe an issue when he arrived. As Marky says, he looked leggy and knackered playing at Crewe but his fitness seemed to build quickly after that.

Despite our poor league position, we’ve generally played good football on the deck which suits a player like Mandeville. I can imagine if he was put in a very physical game and starved of passes to his feet, he’d struggle.

No complaints to make of him so far, and I suspect we might even be yet to see the best of him.

--------------------------------------------------------

When Mande steps on that pitch,it is a case of what level of good we get. For me “ good” is his absolute base line, and upward from there. What more can a manager or supporter ask of a player. There was obviously something well amiss with his management at Doncaster, well done again,that top man Jim Bentley.
Not sure I agree with him having any issue with physicality in games, all pretty tough in Lge2.

--------------------------------------------------------

Looked upset when he was taken off but he's shown to date that he's a cut above many other EFL 2 midfielders and as much as I'd love him to stay come June i suspect he will be off to pastures new BUT will he become just a squad player used sparingly or prefer a regular place in our developing team?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on November 04, 2018, 03:26:54 pm by keith79 »
I love it that Mandy is doing well at Morecambe.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on November 04, 2018, 09:36:46 pm by Alickismyhero »
Not a bad day at the office................................

https://www.skysports.com/football/morecambe-vs-yeovil/393846

He's definitely grown in to the season and as others have said, despite results, we've been playing some really nice, neat football. As the players are gaining more awareness of each other, as a team, we're continuing to improve. The style is suiting Mandeville. That said, other players have been improving too. In my opinion, on Saturday, Oates was much better than Mandeville. That's not to say he had a poor game, simply not as good as some around him. We've also got players like Mills, who is my player of the season so far, playing really well. I think this may benefit Mandeville, as he won't have any 'Billy big-b*llocks' attitude, and he's going to remain focussed. I certainly hope we manage to sign him permanently come the end of the season. Jim Bentley has saved a fair few careers and turned players around. It would be nice to have one who is young enough that we get a bit more out of them, then maybe even some cash in 18 months time!

Mandy's all round game has improved 100% from when we first saw him. He wasn't that effective when tracking back and trying to win the ball back. Now for a creative midfielder he's become more effective in tracking back and his tenacity to win the ball back is commendable considering how he was unable to do before. He's certainly become a team player, which is something that Jim and Co have always been able to get new recruits to become despite their possible reputations.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:55:15 am by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #292 on November 11, 2018, 06:03:52 pm by Alickismyhero »
More comments on our Mandy: It looks like Mandy is a marked man in the 2nd division, you take Mandy out and Morecambe are not so good.

-------------------------------------------

Inexplicably hooked after 54 mins.

-------------------------------------

He did ok, I was a tad surprised that he came off.

We were struggling to break Halifax down, so he and AJ ended up coming very deep to get onto the ball which wasn’t working, hence I guess putting Ellison and Oswell on to go more direct.

-------------------------------------

Thought he had a poor game and was targeted by Halifax who were kicking him all the time.

----------------------------------------

He may not have been having his best game, but we went downhill after he came off. Even on a bad day, he's better than others.

---------------------------------------

Halifax had done their homework with regard Mandeville, and he certainly came in for some “heavy tackles.” For me, he still had a decent game, and always has the potential to do something a bit special. The lad doesn’t know how to have a “poor” game. Should never be subbed, except for injury or rest reasons, in my opinion. He just carries that threat at any stage.

------------------------------------------

Odelusi should have been booked in the first fifteen minutes for a very late tackle on Mandy, he did the same in the second half to get booked, should have been off!

------------------------------------------

With Oates going off injured, Mandy became even more vital for us. We ended up with a 40yr old and a slow target man on the wings.

-----------------------------------------

TBF, Ajay went right wing and Oswell down the middle, but Kev stayed left, but they all moved around to create space, but it didn't make much difference. Oates and Mandy were missed!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:21:15 pm by Alickismyhero »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on November 11, 2018, 06:11:48 pm by selby »
  Add to that, Tranmere shipped three goals in a game without McCullough, not done that for how long.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on November 11, 2018, 07:13:10 pm by elmsallrover »
Sounds like the next Messi

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on November 11, 2018, 08:03:54 pm by keith79 »
Is it a season loan or just till January?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on November 11, 2018, 08:10:56 pm by drfchound »
Crickey Mandeville must be Messi in disguise.
Get him back ASAP, we can win the league with him in our team.

By the way, according to a report I read, he went off after trying to make a tackle, fouled their player and got injured himself.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:10:29 pm by drfchound »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on November 11, 2018, 08:55:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Is it a season loan or just till January?

Season. Although we might have a clause in to recall him in January.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #298 on November 11, 2018, 09:41:54 pm by keith79 »

By the way, according to a report I read, he went off after trying to make a tackle, fouled their player and got injured himself.
Would you like to see Mandy in a rovers shirt doing well?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on November 11, 2018, 10:41:57 pm by Alickismyhero »

Why the sarcasm Hound? Out of all the positive comments made about Mandy and you have to pick on one that is not.

You almost sound as you don't like it that Mandy has done well at Morecambe. The kid is not coming back couldn't you just put the sarcasm to one side and wish the kid well, he's one of our own after all. Here are some more comments direct from Morecambe supporters in fact there are no negative comments to report.

-------------------------------
Halifax certainly realised that our creativity in midfield was Mandy and from the first minute earmarked him for some rough treatment. It wasn't unexpected however but as others have said as soon as he went off we lost direction and allowed Halifax to be more influential in midfield than they had been.

Oates was injured and had to come off to mitigate and serious injury.

----------------------------------------------------

Something I like about Mandy is he never ducks the rough stuff which is rare for a flair player. He takes plenty of knocks but always gets back up on his feet without causing a fuss.

--------------------------------------------------

He's got a good temperament, and seems settled and enjoying his football, getting picked every week.
He was wanting the ball all game and doesn't shirk responsibility.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012