Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:10:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57664 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #330 on November 23, 2018, 07:47:27 pm by drfchound »
On what was in the highlights of that game and others, his crossing was excellent, he was prepared to run at defenders (partly why he did so well at Exeter when he came on as sub and scored), he moves around well finding space, but... something lacking in the engine or the mind behind the engine. He could have pressured that goalscorer, been agressive and decisive rather than leaving it to the defender.

Maybe that's just the one occasion or maybe it reflects his game overall. Definitely has potential but from what I've seen not quite sharp or punchy enough for League 1. Add a bit of aggression, a bit more ball control and he's just about there.

I am glad someone else agrees with me that he isn’t up to L1 standard.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #331 on November 23, 2018, 08:22:19 pm by Alickismyhero »
I don't go along with you Hound but we won't find out until he gets to the 1st div.
 Below is another comment from a Morecambe supporter I have talked to..........................

------------------------------------

As you say aimh, tracking back, tackling and physicality are not his forte. That said, I still feel that this season he has shown grit and a willingness to get stuck in, oftain under some heavy, not totally legal “flack” from our opponents.
I think you are correct though. Mande’s real strengths.......well read, accurate, cutting passes, along with that element of “trickery” he has with the ball at his feet, would serve us even better, if he played in a more central attacking roll.

------------------------------------------

I have been saying this for a very long time and I would like their Manager to play the kid to his strengths and not plug gaps in his team by playing him out of position.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #332 on November 23, 2018, 08:44:23 pm by drfchound »
You don’t have to agree with me Alick but that doesn’t make you right either.

Why don’t you call the Morecambe manager and tell him where he is going wrong?

I find it interesting that there are some negative posts about him on the Morecambe fans forum.
Perhaps he has found his level and sometimes struggles to keep it up.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #333 on November 23, 2018, 09:02:46 pm by Pancho Regan »
I have seen Mandy play this season

I think we’ve got that, you mentioned it a couple of times before.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #334 on November 23, 2018, 09:12:47 pm by selby »
  I don't agree with you on this subject Hound, but then I am a cussed old sod, the funniest thing to me on this thread,is that posters who feigned disinterest in this thread pages back are still posting on it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on November 23, 2018, 09:21:47 pm by drfchound »
Selby, I read all the football related threads mate.
I like to have an input if I have an opinion on something.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #336 on November 23, 2018, 09:47:28 pm by selby »
  Hound, I was not on about you, people have posted on past pages they are bored now, recon to be yawning, and other things to make it look like they are bored with the thread, yet are still posting, I find that amusing. I rate Mandeville as you know, that is why I said I disagree with you, you are of course entitled to your opinion, and I would be the last to want to stop your comments which I mostly agree with and always find interesting, and have in the past changed my mind and have agreed with your stance after reading some of your comments.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #337 on November 23, 2018, 09:49:32 pm by Alickismyhero »

I find it interesting that there are some negative posts about him on the Morecambe fans forum.
Perhaps he has found his level and sometimes struggles to keep it up.

"but thats the way a forum works its about opinions,expessing them, hopefully, in a respectful way. You don't think he is good enough for the 1st div and I happen to think he is and as I said we will only find out if and when he plays there".

Is that a serious suggestion? but if the opportunity arose I would of course express my opinion. I think we have about 7000 supporters with varying views like me, the manager would have little time for anything else! Managers do make mistakes and to quote the one I quoted earlier, Copps at full back!!! He never set the world alight did he and thats the same for Mandy he is being played out of position and is still doing well.

I have a great deal of respect for Copps but in the past I have even read bad comments about Copps performances on this forum, it goes with the job. Come to think of it I made a comment about Copps having a poor game against Wimbledon, it happens, doesn't make him a bad player does it?

I think it is funny how you mention the negative comments but never the positive comments! Now tell the truth, does Mandy have more negative comments compared to the positive ones?

Just look at the abuse Marquis got the other night I certainly would not go along with that abuse, does that make him a bad player, not for me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #338 on November 23, 2018, 10:01:41 pm by drfchound »
I may be remembering this incorrectly but didn’t Copps play RB in an emergency?
For some reason or another I seem to recall us being without a recognised RB at the time.

I think it is fair to say that Copps will have had plenty of games where he has impressed people over a long time and yes, of course it is true that players have bad games.
They all do.
I keep saying that Mandeville has only fleetingly impressed me and it is probably fair to also say that he won’t have impressed as many people and done it as often as Coppinger has.

You may be interested to know that I have been compared to Copps.

Someone told me that compared to him I am rubbish.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #339 on November 23, 2018, 10:03:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
I have seen Mandy play this season

I think we’ve got that, you mentioned it a couple of times before.

Yes, sorry I am aware of that. What I was respectfully making clear, aimed at the people who may not have read my earlier comments, is that my views are based on having  watched him play this season nothing more whereas some opinions expressed are way out of date.

Sometimes to make a point I find it difficult not to repeat myself but I will make an effort not to in the future. I do appreciate it that you at least have read the earlier posts.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #340 on November 23, 2018, 10:03:28 pm by RedJ »
For some reason or another I seem to recall us being without a recognised RB at the time.

I think it is fair to say that Copps will have had plenty of games where he has impressed people over a long time and yes, of course it is true that players have bad games.
They all do.
I keep saying that Mandeville has only fleetingly impressed me and it is probably fair to also say that he won’t have impressed as many people and done it as often as Coppinger has.

Yes he did, a few games in the Championship.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on November 23, 2018, 10:13:05 pm by Alickismyhero »

They all do.

Funny you should say that about five years ago I was playing cricket in Wendover. The Umpire was falling about laughing and pointing at me. I went over to him and asked whats all the laughter about? The batsman is convinced you are Sean Connery! I told the Umpire that's not the case, Sean Connery looks like me.

True story.

That's the point I was making Copps was put there to fill a gap and that's what has happened to Mandy to a greater degree, he fills a hole on the right when he should be in more central position to get the best out of him, in my opinion.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #342 on November 23, 2018, 10:16:51 pm by drfchound »
But Copps only played a very few games there in an emergency, not a third of the season.
Our manager soon moved him back to his best position.
The Morecambe manager may not share the same opinion as you.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #343 on November 23, 2018, 10:31:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
But Copps only played a very few games there in an emergency, not a third of the season.
Our manager soon moved him back to his best position.
The Morecambe manager may not share the same opinion as you.

Obviously the Morecambe manager does not agree with me and that's his opinion but if he played him the way I suggested I think he would get more out of the kid.

I thought Fergy was trying Copps out to see if, with his experience, he could extend his career at full back. AS you say he was keen to get Copps back in his best position but that's not happened for Mandy yet Mandy still gets more positive comments than negative ones at Morecambe or am I wrong with that? I would be interested to hear your view on that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #344 on November 24, 2018, 07:45:00 am by drfchound »
First of all, it wasn’t Ferguson who played Copps at RB.
That happened when we were in the Championship.

As for comments on Mandeville, as I don’t read the Morecambe fans forum I only see what you post on here.
I have no doubt that you are giving an accurate picture of what you see on their forum and he is obviously doing ok for them.

The point I am making though is nothing to do with that though is it.

I am of the opinion that L2 is his level at best and that he isn’t good or tough enough to play at a higher level.

I guess that only time will let me know whether I am right.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on November 24, 2018, 08:44:22 am by Donnywolf »
Dont worry there will be plenty of others there to remind you - as well as "time"  :lol:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #346 on November 24, 2018, 06:35:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
More comments from Morecambe supporters>>>>>>>

It looks like along with his team Mandy had a poor game today and it sounds like the Manger played him in the middle, what do I know?
Its happening again. Mandy off, 1.0 down, 10 minutes to go and 4 or 5 strikers with 1 defender.

Mandy had another poor game, although he wasn't alone. Speaks volumes when the player who replaced him for the last half an hour got Man of the Match!
Probably wouldn't have been my first choice to be subbed, but he was poor today. Looked anonymous in the middle, had one spark with a long shot. His crossing, especially from corners, was dreadful.

Still looks lively, I'm sure he'll bounce back especially if he had a dangerous out ball to work with.
Mandy is becoming a scapegoat. How you could single him out as poor in that first half is beyond me.

Not scapegoat at all, but this thread is about Mandeville! He's being "singled out" by virtue of being the subject of the thread. Do you think that he wasn't poor today?

If you want to start a thread for each other player who was on the pitch today, you won't find many not being described as having a 'poor game'! Tutte worked hard. Ellison made a difference when he came on. Lavelle was okay (although I think he was probably at fault for their goal, but not 100% sure if it was him?)

The whole team were below par again against a poor Notts County. I'm still a Mandeville fan and know he'll come back strong... I just hope he comes back strong soon!
A quiet first half for Mande, but definitely not on his own. Second half,he started like a different player. Invloved in our two most threatening bits of play all game, within minutes........then gets subbed AGAIN. He is going to get well pi$$ed off if it carries on.
Agreed. Not singling Mandeville out, but I was looking forward to seeing if playing in the middle gave him a bit more freedom, and he didn't have a good game. I'm sure he'll be back on form soon, but today he was way off it.

He was better in the second half, but didn't even get 10 minutes so impossible to judge!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #347 on November 24, 2018, 07:37:57 pm by dickos1 »
Looks like they’re turning on him

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on November 24, 2018, 07:44:34 pm by RedJ »
How many of those comments do we need to ignore?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #349 on November 24, 2018, 09:18:51 pm by Alickismyhero »

Ignore this one,

The system wasn't the best for Mandy. The middle was very compact with hardly any room to move. Other teams will watch our games and its pretty obvious Mandy is our only spark. He is closed down pretty sharpish. Going back to the system, it looked horribly like the 7-0-3 of last season.

I don't hold back on the comments positive or negative about Mandy, I put them all on the forum.

I find it fascinating how some supporters are so keen to highlight the negative comments to make a point when in fact there are many, many more positive comments made about him are just ignored.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on November 25, 2018, 01:59:07 am by Colemans Left Hook »
More comments from Morecambe supporters>>>>>>>

It looks like along with his team Mandy had a poor game today and it sounds like the Manger played him in the middle, what do I know?
Its happening again. Mandy off, 1.0 down, 10 minutes to go and 4 or 5 strikers with 1 defender.

Mandy had another poor game, although he wasn't alone. Speaks volumes when the player who replaced him for the last half an hour got Man of the Match!
Probably wouldn't have been my first choice to be subbed, but he was poor today. Looked anonymous in the middle, had one spark with a long shot. His crossing, especially from corners, was dreadful.

Still looks lively, I'm sure he'll bounce back especially if he had a dangerous out ball to work with.
Mandy is becoming a scapegoat. How you could single him out as poor in that first half is beyond me.

Not scapegoat at all, but this thread is about Mandeville! He's being "singled out" by virtue of being the subject of the thread. Do you think that he wasn't poor today?

If you want to start a thread for each other player who was on the pitch today, you won't find many not being described as having a 'poor game'! Tutte worked hard. Ellison made a difference when he came on. Lavelle was okay (although I think he was probably at fault for their goal, but not 100% sure if it was him?)

The whole team were below par again against a poor Notts County. I'm still a Mandeville fan and know he'll come back strong... I just hope he comes back strong soon!
A quiet first half for Mande, but definitely not on his own. Second half,he started like a different player. Invloved in our two most threatening bits of play all game, within minutes........then gets subbed AGAIN. He is going to get well pi$$ed off if it carries on.
Agreed. Not singling Mandeville out, but I was looking forward to seeing if playing in the middle gave him a bit more freedom, and he didn't have a good game. I'm sure he'll be back on form soon, but today he was way off it.

He was better in the second half, but didn't even get 10 minutes so impossible to judge!

i looked on the Notts Clownsty twitter  feed to see who the next  for execution sorry i mean to be the manager was and saw this -- these posts had just been made when i viewed

47' Morecambe 0-0 #Notts

Leitch-Smith fires over from Mandeville's cut-back.

--------
49' Morecambe 0-0 #Notts

Mandeville cuts in from the left to bend one towards the far post and Fitzsimons makes a great save at full stretch to turn it behind.

-----------
53' Morecambe 0-1 #Notts

Double change for Morecambe as Kevin Ellison and former Notts man Garry Thompson come on for Mandeville and Yarney.
-----------------

so 4 minutes after nearly scoring he is taken off   and replaced by an OAP obviously KE needed the appearance money he's soon going to need a lot of phyllosan if he is going to continue playing

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:01:27 am by Colemans Left Hook »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #351 on November 25, 2018, 08:25:00 am by drfchound »
A very good decision though by the Morecambe manager.
Ellison scored the goal that rescued a point.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #352 on November 25, 2018, 10:01:36 am by RedJ »

Ignore this one,

The system wasn't the best for Mandy. The middle was very compact with hardly any room to move. Other teams will watch our games and its pretty obvious Mandy is our only spark. He is closed down pretty sharpish. Going back to the system, it looked horribly like the 7-0-3 of last season.

I don't hold back on the comments positive or negative about Mandy, I put them all on the forum.

I find it fascinating how some supporters are so keen to highlight the negative comments to make a point when in fact there are many, many more positive comments made about him are just ignored.

I'm not "keen to highlight the negative comments" but when you tell people to "ignore" something that makes him look like the sun doesn't actually shine out his shite pipe after all it kind of makes a mockery of your argument.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #353 on November 25, 2018, 01:52:23 pm by Alickismyhero »

Ignore this one,

I'm not "keen to highlight the negative comments" but when you tell people to "ignore" something that makes him look like the sun doesn't actually shine out his shite pipe after all it kind of makes a mockery of your argument.

You failed to detect my aim at being a little sarcastic at my expense, hence the "Try to ignore" I was not saying "Ignore"

If I was to only present the good comments about Mandy I could see your point of view but that's not the case is it?

To make it absolutely clear I research all the comments made about Mandy good and bad, all of them.  I would give way and agree with your opinion if I was only repeating the good comments. If you were to read back you will see that I repeatedly make comments about Mandy's weak points where the sun don't shine.

Now getting back to your comment no one could help but come to the conclusion Mandy was partly responsible, but not totally responsible for the goal they scored, don't forget the left back played a roll in failing to stop the attacker. If you look back at my many comments Mandy is pathetic at tackling and tracking back and that example clearly shows what I mean.

Now tell me why you think I am presenting only a positive argument about Mandy when in fact I am presenting comments good and bad for my fellow  supporters to make their own conclusions.

I think we will see an improvement in Mandy's performances in a central position when he gets used it and if he is allowed to of course.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:16:34 pm by Alickismyhero »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on November 25, 2018, 06:14:37 pm by drfchound »
Alick, I have to say that it does come across that you a teeny weeny bit obsessed with Mandeville and trying to tell everyone how great he is.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #355 on November 25, 2018, 06:35:52 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound,
At the risk of repeating myself "I rate the kid" and I would like him to prove people, who don't think he is good enough for the 1st Division, wrong. I have made no secret of that, have I?

All the comments that I have posted on the kid have been all the ones I can find, good or bad comments I post them all, surely that would indicate I am not being biased!

What I have tried to achieve is to provide up to date information on Mandy so forum members can form their own opinion.

Some people are interested in Mandy others are not.

I can accept that I may have put things badly at times but to say it is biased reporting I do not accept.

I have repeatedly pointed out the weaknesses Mandy has still got, some posters seem to miss that or choose to ignore it, I have no control over that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #356 on November 25, 2018, 07:23:58 pm by drfchound »
Alick, I don’t disagree with any of the things that you have just said about why you post.
I was just saying that you do seem to be obsessed with Mandeville.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on November 25, 2018, 07:48:06 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound,
I was a trade unionist all my working life and would represent my members to the best of my ability. I suppose its that side of my character to represent the weak that kicks in whether its the likes of Mandy or in deed Sean O'Driscoll. Characters that appear unable to fight their own corner.

I suppose it falls down to your personal definition of obsessive compared to determined! I have no problem with your view that I am a tiny bit obsessive but I think it would be more accurate to say I am determined to unbiasedly objective reporting all the comments on Mandy and letting fellow supporters make their own opinion in how he is doing now, after all, he is still our player.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #358 on November 25, 2018, 08:15:59 pm by drfchound »
Fair enough, however I disagree that O’driscoll is weak and unable to stand up for himself.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #359 on November 25, 2018, 08:20:30 pm by Alickismyhero »
Fair enough, however I disagree that O’driscoll is weak and unable to stand up for himself.

Hound,
Your welcome to your opinion after all, opinions are subjective.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012