Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:35:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57642 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #360 on November 27, 2018, 03:57:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It'll be interesting to see how he comes back after being seen as the main guilty party in the goal in the previous game, and then subbed early in this one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #361 on November 27, 2018, 08:06:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
My bank manager and I are pleased to see he's on the bench tonight   having seen MK snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on Saturday - fre kick off the bar and in 90th minute job -- Gaz & I would not be very happy if he scored the winner tonite  :crying: :crying: :crying:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #362 on November 27, 2018, 10:05:52 pm by Alickismyhero »
It'll be interesting to see how he comes back after being seen as the main guilty party in the goal in the previous game, and then subbed early in this one.

Are you sure you got that right? Mandy came on at 66mins, he wasn't subbed early! I will try and do some research on Mandy tomorrow night.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on November 27, 2018, 10:11:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Are you sure you got that right? Mandy came on at 66mins, he wasn't subbed early! I will try and do some research on Mandy tomorrow night.
That was pre tonight. Previous game he was subbed at 53mins

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on November 27, 2018, 10:34:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
A few more comments about Mandy:

Reading the match preview for tonight’s game against Mk, it states, unsurprisingly, that Mande is top of the list for Morecambe assists. Admittedly, The Shrimps aren’t scoring many goals, but still another endorsement for the lad, and for what he does for the team. Keep it up Mande.
…..........................................................

I think he's rated as second highest in league 2 for assists

Makes even more sense to hook him after 50mins when you can't buy a goal. Almost as Barmy as playing Barky at right back.

Cheers WW. Reiterates,what an important player he is for us.

Makes even more sense to hook him after 50mins when you can't buy a goal. Almost as Barmy as playing Barky at right back.[/quote]
…...........................................................

Agree with you totally on that one BW. Think JB is getting that one wrong too.

Mande not even starting against MK...........A plan?? A slight injury niggle?? I am clueless( please don’t answer that on  ) For me a mistake. I really hope he comes on and proves a point......maybe the plan?? COYS.
Played well when he came on, creating a lot of space and moving all around the pitch. Thommo was playing wide, but Mandeville had more freedom when he replaced him. But, there was no real final ball. He did put A-Jay in nicely once but A-Jay's shot was poor. I think I'd have preferred to see Mandeville on with Oswell, then Thommo when Oliver came on?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on November 27, 2018, 10:36:02 pm by drfchound »

It would have been difficult for BristolRedRover to have known at 3.57 that Mandeville has been subbed tonight.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #366 on November 27, 2018, 10:50:11 pm by Alickismyhero »
How do you know that? he could have mystical ability!

I do believe that Albert Broadbent did but I can't confirm that.

In other words I never noticed but thank you for pointing that out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on November 27, 2018, 10:53:41 pm by drfchound »

Good comeback there though, I like that.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on November 29, 2018, 09:35:41 am by Alickismyhero »
Its not looking good at Morecambe with players not getting paid on time. It must have an affect on players minds!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46379459

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #369 on December 02, 2018, 10:45:50 am by Alickismyhero »
Nothing much to report on Mandy this week as Morecambe had no game.

I tried to get to the bottom about Mandy starting on the bench in their last game but to no avail. My guess is that the manager wanted a more defensive line up because they were playing 2 in the league, now top, and Mandy is not the man to defend.

Its not looking good for all the players at Morecambe with the club paying wages late! Lets hope Morecambe turn the corner and the situation improves.

We should all thank our lucky stars that as a club we are on solid financial ground and the team playing well, long may it last.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on December 02, 2018, 11:52:41 am by Boomstick »
How many goals and assists does he have ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on December 02, 2018, 06:06:08 pm by Campsall rover »
Nothing much to report on Mandy this week as Morecambe had no game.

I tried to get to the bottom about Mandy starting on the bench in their last game but to no avail. My guess is that the manager wanted a more defensive line up because they were playing 2 in the league, now top, and Mandy is not the man to defend.

Its not looking good for all the players at Morecambe with the club paying wages late! Lets hope Morecambe turn the corner and the situation improves.

We should all thank our lucky stars that as a club we are on solid financial ground and the team playing well, long may it last.
Yes you are dead right but some people STILL think our owners have no ambition.  :facepalm:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on December 08, 2018, 06:26:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
Morecambe threw the game away today and by all accounts Mandy is a marked man in the second division, take him out and Morecambe aren't so good. Here are the early accounts of his game today..................

Played well, covered a lot of ground. Had a fantastic long range shot that the keeper did well to save. A few others were ahead of him in terms of MotM nominations, but by the same token, he had a good game. Points dropped, excellent first half.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thought he was clearly targetted today by Port Vale who did their homework on us, which limited his effectiveness. Still managed to create a few chances, and made some clever plays as well (notably the free kick early in the second half). Also wanted to call out his defensive play, which I think has been his biggest weakness, but he put a lot of effort in today and it showed.

Yellow card came out of frustration after we conceded the two late goals. He should have taken a last-minute penalty as well in my opinion, he's our best set-piece taker. His corners have missed the mark lately but his free kicks are consistently dangerous.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #373 on December 08, 2018, 07:59:27 pm by Alickismyhero »
https://www.skysports.com/football/morecambe-vs-port-vale/report/393894

Mandy has a problem with tackling so why on earth give him the tracking back role, he is pathetic.

Yet give him the free kicks, penalties and a roaming role around the box and you have a different player, horses for courses!

He nearly scored from a free kick and apparently had a superb effort from distance not shown on the highlights.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #374 on December 10, 2018, 12:41:37 pm by Alickismyhero »
One more comment...................................

Pretty much summed up in K and t-s comments above.

Not much to add, apart from, that his corners were generally good yesterday, and he had plenty to take.

He was very much an integral part of a team, that I feel produced, one of the best, most dominant 45 mins of football, by The Shrimps, seen at The Globe in years. Long may it continue!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #375 on December 15, 2018, 11:05:08 am by Alickismyhero »
Sounds like Morecambe can see the qualities in Mandy and want to sign him, best of luck to the kid.

I like the managers comments about giving Mandy a roaming roll up front but I would have liked him to take away the
tracking back roll.

https://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/football/shrimps/morecambe-would-like-to-keep-doncaster-rovers-loanee-1-9493193

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #376 on December 15, 2018, 02:52:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
 More comments about Mandy,

Got the gist of it though and it is good news if it comes off, I'd like to see Mandy on a permanent deal. As I've said previously on this thread, hopefully, even if offered more money elsewhere, he'd see his chances of substantial development better with us. Jim Bentley has a good record for resurrecting careers and he has Liam heading in the right direction again.

Big fan, as I have said on numerous occasions. JB sums the lad up well, and really hope he can get his signiature for the future. See him going from strength to strength, a great asset for The Shrimps. COYS.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on December 15, 2018, 04:50:31 pm by knockers »
Have you got a Mandy doll that you stroke before bed?

Weird obsession!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #378 on December 15, 2018, 05:02:49 pm by drfchound »
Got subbed today on 57 minutes so probably nothing to post about this week.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #379 on December 15, 2018, 10:08:49 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’ll actually be glad when his future is sorted, if only to bring an end to this.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #380 on December 16, 2018, 08:35:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
Weird so many of our fans hate updates about how our loan players are doing. Other clubs are into that sort of thing to see if their players are doing well and ready to play first team football.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on December 16, 2018, 08:36:01 am by Alickismyhero »
Have you got a Mandy doll that you stroke before bed?

Weird obsession!
I’ll actually be glad when his future is sorted, if only to bring an end to this.

Why on earth do you bother to read this topic I don't understand, just pass it by.

There is clearly an interest in knowing how Mandy is doing. My sole motive in keeping in touch with how he is doing is to let those interested keep up to date.

Those who are not interested just pass it by its as simple as that!

Yes Hound, nice to see you keeping up to date.

He was subbed early in the second half against the top team Lincoln. My guess is that because they were 3 down by then the Manager decided to keep the score difference down as much as possible.

I think I would have subbed Mandy because defending/ tackling is not Mandy's game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #382 on December 16, 2018, 08:41:20 am by Donnywolf »

Watching Albert Broadbent I did feel he had mystical ability. He played lots of superb passes but my Dad used to say - when one went wrong - he was far far ahead of his Team mates in his thinking and they should have known where AB was going to play it !

Good old Yogi

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on December 16, 2018, 11:18:59 am by RoversAlias »

He was subbed early in the second half against the top team Lincoln. My guess is that because they were 3 down by then the Manager decided to keep the score difference down as much as possible.

I think I would have subbed Mandy because defending/ tackling is not Mandy's game.

Maybe he was substituted because he was playing crap?

Not knocking you just saying. Are there any quotes from the Morecambe forum to glean from? Lincoln are obviously a very good side so no surprise they turned Morecambe over.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on December 16, 2018, 11:30:40 am by RedJ »
Must be another of those things we should try to ignore... :)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on December 16, 2018, 12:25:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
Here are his stats for the season so far

Played 24 games scored 4 goals had 6 assists in all competitions.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on December 16, 2018, 12:42:16 pm by Alickismyhero »

Maybe he was substituted because he was playing crap?

Not knocking you just saying. Are there any quotes from the Morecambe forum to glean from? Lincoln are obviously a very good side so no surprise they turned Morecambe over.

Perfectly correct RA. If you set the team up not to lose or in this case keep the score down I don't think I would have played Mandy in the first place, his defensive attributes are poor.

What I find interesting is that even when Morecambe lose and the team perform badly I have yet to see Morecambe supporters slag Mandy off.

RJ is that the best you can come up with, surely you could do better than that!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #387 on December 16, 2018, 12:57:29 pm by Alickismyhero »

Watching Albert Broadbent I did feel he had mystical ability. He played lots of superb passes but my Dad used to say - when one went wrong - he was far far ahead of his Team mates in his thinking and they should have known where AB was going to play it !

Good old Yogi

Wolfie,

Think a few years back, well quite a few, to Yogi on the wing. He would roll the ball over with the studs of his kicking foot towards the opposition player coming in to tackle for the ball, tempting the tackle. Then having got the man on his wrong foot Albert was away. I don't recall any other player doing that trick of his feet.

I would class it as the "Cruyff Turn" or the "step over" of today.

I just wonder if Albert was the originator of this particular style of play?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #388 on December 16, 2018, 01:04:55 pm by idler »
He was a very good player. Very good control,vision and could also hit the ball very hard.
Not as good a career as his brother but I was always surprised that he didn't do better.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on December 16, 2018, 01:07:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
 Just the one comment on the Shrimps forum, morale is a little low at the moment as you would expect.

Couldn’t make the game yesterday, so here is a quote from our reporter there..”Liam Mandeville, extremely disappointing for a man of his undoubted talent.” A game where we really needed him to be at his best, but that’s football eh!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012