Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:23:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57655 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #390 on December 16, 2018, 01:26:43 pm by Alickismyhero »
He was a very good player. Very good control,vision and could also hit the ball very hard.
Not as good a career as his brother but I was always surprised that he didn't do better.
Idler,
I don't recall Albert's brother, shed some light on him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on December 16, 2018, 02:12:44 pm by Alickismyhero »
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11582251/lincoln-3-1-morecambe

Take a look at Mandy's position for Lincoln's first goal!!!! Why Morecambe's manager persists in playing Mandy out of position I just don't know! Mandy can't defend he is a play maker behind the front two.

For example you only have to look at Mason under Fergy he looked a very poor plyer yet put him in his correct position and bingo he's a great player.

RJ, please make a reasoned comment about my comments about that I feel worthy of a response.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on December 16, 2018, 03:56:09 pm by drfchound »
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11582251/lincoln-3-1-morecambe

Take a look at Mandy's position for Lincoln's first goal!!!! Why Morecambe's manager persists in playing Mandy out of position I just don't know! Mandy can't defend he is a play maker behind the front two.

For example you only have to look at Mason under Fergy he looked a very poor plyer yet put him in his correct position and bingo he's a great player.

RJ, please make a reasoned comment about my comments about that I feel worthy of a response.

First response.
I don’t actually think that Mason did look poor under Ferguson.
Yes he played him at left back but I always thought he made a decent job of it even though he is clearly better at RB or even CB as he played at Barnsley.

On the Mandeville theme, I can’t bring to mind a manager who has played him in the play maker role, behind a front two.
It could be just you who thinks that is his best position.

Not trying to pick a fight by saying that but if he was genuinely as good as you think he is then surely his manager would play him there.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on December 16, 2018, 06:28:45 pm by Alickismyhero »
I go along with that Hound, for me it is the best position for Mandy behind the front two, its just my opinion.

When he was playing well for Donny he had a roaming central role and I thought he played well in that role for someone so young.

I don't think anyone would disagree with my view that Mandy can't defend for toffee so why play him in that role? You won't get the best out of the kid playing there, I think we can agree on that?

I would like to point out that Morecambe don't even play with a front two but they do have the players that could adjust to that formation.

I would like to point out that the  Morecambe manager is impressed with Mandy and wants to sign him. In that I am pleased that the manager can see that Mandy is worthy of signing, Mandy's career will continue.

If only that was true, "if he was as good as I thought he was the manager would play him there".

The fact Mandy was subbed after only 55mins I think was tactical,  and according to the manager he is very careful not to over play Mandy as this is Mandy's most played period in his life and needs managing carefully.

I would take issue with your reference Mason.

I rate Mason very highly in his present position but I recall games he played poorly out of position and he was poor. In fact at the league game at Charlton he had a poor game along with a few others and he was in his natural position then. In other words they all have off days particularly when in a position you are not cut out for.

I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinions and I see nothing wrong with what you say and how you said it.

There is no need for aggressive sarcastic comments, just good debate on opinions.

My main objective with his topic was to let our supporters know how Mandy was doing and not forget that he is still one of our players. I also admit that I rate the kid.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on December 16, 2018, 08:33:12 pm by drfchound »
Mason must have done a reasonably good job of playing LB last season.
There were only five teams in the whole division which conceded fewer goals than us last season than the 52 we did.
Mason played LB for almost all of that season and if he had played poorly surely that wouldn’t have happened.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on December 16, 2018, 09:55:16 pm by Alickismyhero »
There were only five teams in the whole division which conceded fewer goals than us last season than the 52 we did.
Mason played LB for almost all of that season and if he had played poorly surely that wouldn’t have happened.

In support of what I said about playing a player out of his best position, have you listened to Ben Whiteman on IF?

If so, then I think Ben puts the point over far far better than I did.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on December 16, 2018, 10:14:03 pm by dickos1 »
The thing is, regardless of what his best position is, he should still be able to perform defensive duties.
Marquis is our striker but his defensive work is outstanding, there’s not many footballers that can get away with doing no defensive work

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #397 on December 16, 2018, 10:33:21 pm by RoversAlias »
Is Marquis' defensive work outstanding? He has cost us a lot of goals at set pieces with slack or inadequate defending to be honest.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on December 16, 2018, 11:14:32 pm by dickos1 »
Yes,
I agree when defending set pieces he’s struggled at times. But our whole way of playing starts from him closing people down, harrying people, pressing the ball.
He’s the best I’ve seen at defending from the front

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on December 17, 2018, 08:17:34 am by drfchound »

In support of what I said about playing a player out of his best position, have you listened to Ben Whiteman on IF?

If so, then I think Ben puts the point over far far better than I did.

I don't subscribe to ifollow.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #400 on December 17, 2018, 08:29:41 am by Alickismyhero »
Is Marquis' defensive work outstanding? He has cost us a lot of goals at set pieces with slack or inadequate defending to be honest.

RA, I have pointed out in recent posts about Marquis's lack of success when he goes up against a CB for a headed ball. From a defensive position he has cost goals. Where I think JM is exceptional is when he has his back to goal, shielding the ball and laying the ball off, worth his weight in gold when he is on form. In certain ways JM reminds me of Tony Adams, when his touch is off he looks like an old donkey but when the touch is there he is very important member of the team. I would hate to see him leave anytime soon.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on December 17, 2018, 10:21:25 am by selby »
  Since someone at the club has stopped us turning our backs on the ball at corners and set pieces and the ridiculous man marking and gone to attacking the ball and keeping our eyes on it instead of playing tag in the penalty area, everyone has done better at defending corners and set pieces including Marquis, who has cleared quite a few with his head and feet lately.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #402 on December 17, 2018, 10:44:15 am by selby »
 When it comes to Mandeville and McCullough, we are one week off the Christmas fixtures, if we had kept them two, I think they would have been hard pushed not to have contributed more to our league success than Beestin, Taylor, Kiwomya and May have done.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on December 17, 2018, 11:40:42 am by Alickismyhero »
Another comment:

A result, that in all honesty, The Shrimps fans expected, against a quality side like Lincoln, on their way to Div1.
Always hopeful, but have to be realistic though.

Being an MFC supporter, goes hand in hand, with looking on the brightside. If you can’t, then the only option is to follow a different team.  Roll on Sat.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have pencilled in watching Mandy play at Northampton on the 19th Jan. All being well at home and it being a short journey I intend to be there. You can bet he will be dropped/injured but I could pass a critical eye over Willow at the same time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #404 on December 17, 2018, 11:42:40 am by dickos1 »
How do you know McCullough and Mandeville didn’t ask to go out on loan if they weren’t going to play much
Whereas the other may have decided they wanted to stay and fight for their place

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #405 on December 17, 2018, 12:16:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
I will say this none of the six named are good enough for a promotion chasing Doncaster Rovers team. We need better and only May gets in because of his effort which is good. Mandeville like Taylor like Beestin like Kiwomya are all technical players with no effort or stamina or heart. Taylor should not have been signed but hopefully GM has realised that now and he’ll be gone in the summer. As for Mandeville and McCullough they will be gone also I  don’t see Beestin getting Contract. But they will be 10 at least going I believe.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:21:46 pm by steve@dcfd »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on December 17, 2018, 01:49:13 pm by dickos1 »
How can you say they’re not good enough? They’ve hardly played because the others have been doing so well.
Not long ago people were saying Anderson wasn’t good enough and Cummings now look at them now they’ve been given a chance, involved in all these clean sheets.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #407 on December 17, 2018, 02:21:10 pm by selby »
  Kiwomya is the only one contracted for next season  I think, and could need game time at Chesterfield to prove his illness was the main reason for his drop off in form since. The others will have  limited time and opportunity to impress before their contracts are up, and Grant will most likely have made his mind up by now anyway, certainly with Mandeville and McCullough.
   None of the others have pulled up any trees.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on December 17, 2018, 02:36:03 pm by CantleyRed »
We need to get rid of Mandeville if only to see the end of this thread!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on December 17, 2018, 04:16:28 pm by Alickismyhero »
CRed,

If you get uptight with the topic why not just ignore it and read something more important and to your likes?

There has been an incredible amount of interest in how Mandy is doing with over 20,000 views on the topic, that is, unless its you that has viewed 20,000 times!

I think not.

Look after your health and move on my friend.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on December 17, 2018, 04:35:13 pm by Campsall rover »
If you don’t like the title of the thread then DONT READ IT.
Some of us might actually be interested in their progress as they are D.R.F.C. players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #411 on December 17, 2018, 05:25:26 pm by dickos1 »
There’s hardly any feedback on McCullough, kiwomya though but 14 pages about Mandeville.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on December 17, 2018, 07:28:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Tbf a Loan Watch thread for all probably would be smarter.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on December 17, 2018, 07:33:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
There’s hardly any feedback on McCullough, kiwomya though but 14 pages about Mandeville.

Look at the title D its about Mandy!!!

If you want to keep up to date on anyone else on loan by all means do it.

But when it comes to this posting its about Mandy.

What is it you don't understand?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on December 17, 2018, 07:40:02 pm by scawsby steve »
When it comes to Mandeville and McCullough, we are one week off the Christmas fixtures, if we had kept them two, I think they would have been hard pushed not to have contributed more to our league success than Beestin, Taylor, Kiwomya and May have done.

Ridiculous post Brian; we're 6th from top, unbeaten in 6 games, and have kept 4 successive clean sheets; how on earth could Mandeville and McCullough possibly have improved that; and on top of that we'll have 2, possibly 3, new players in January.

When is this obsession with Liam and Luke going to end? They're not good enough to improve the squad, they're out of contract in the summer, and they will NEVER play for Rovers again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #415 on December 17, 2018, 07:42:51 pm by dickos1 »

I was responding to the previous post above mine which said people are interested because they are DRFC players. So I was pointing out that this was only about one player.
Over the years we’ve had dozens of players out on loan and I’ve never seen anywhere near as much attention to any of them.
It’s just a bit odd

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #416 on December 17, 2018, 07:43:02 pm by knockers »

I think you may need to see someone about this obsession. I really don’t think it’s healthy!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #417 on December 17, 2018, 08:34:13 pm by selby »
  Steve, I am pointing that out, the players that are our fringe players have contributed no more than those two, and they are still on our books here, and need to go out on loan or released to make way for better to come in the same as Mandeville and McCullough have.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #418 on December 17, 2018, 08:43:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on December 17, 2018, 08:47:30 pm by drfchound »
https://youtu.be/jKE_EM18zZY?t=7

Interestingly there are no comments after the video............yet!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012