Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:29:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57756 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #421 on December 17, 2018, 09:04:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
  Steve, I am pointing that out, the players that are our fringe players have contributed no more than those two, and they are still on our books here, and need to go out on loan or released to make way for better to come in the same as Mandeville and McCullough have.

How can they contribute if the players ahead of them in the 1st team keep winning and performing well? you could of said the same about Cummings or Anderson until injuries meant they got chance to really contribute. They obviously do their bit for the club by training hard and keeping involved in the dressing room which is something we don't see but its so important.

Every club will want to strengthen so seems harsh to keep pointing to a few players as specifically not good enough when they've largely been kept out by good form/lack of injuries. Improving the squads quality is a given which GM appears to already be addressing

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #422 on December 17, 2018, 09:12:16 pm by Alickismyhero »
There’s hardly any feedback on McCullough, kiwomya though but 14 pages about Mandeville.

Look at the title D its about Mandy!!!

If you want to keep up to date on anyone else on loan by all means do it.

But when it comes to this posting its about Mandy.

What is it you don't understand?

I think you may need to see someone about this obsession. I really don’t think it’s healthy!

Please tell me why on earth you read the topic?

I think if you substitute "Obsession" with "Determined" you are not far off.

Mandy is one of our own and still is one of our players and obviously a great many people are interested in how he is doing at Morecambe.

What I suggest is that you show decent disrespect for the topic and don't read it, its bad for your health.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #423 on December 17, 2018, 09:42:05 pm by selby »
  They have been given every opportunity since The beginning of August in reserve games, every day in training and cup games, and in the second half of last season. Since last season I think everyone would agree that the standard of the first team has moved on.
   The players mentioned have not been able to even look as though they  are going to get in the team, and the couple that have have been found wanting at division 1 standard. In January the club, if it wants to seriously aim for championship football should be looking to move the players the manager does not figure in his future plans on to other clubs if possible, and replace with better who he thinks can play at a higher level. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #424 on December 17, 2018, 10:00:49 pm by dickos1 »
They haven’t got a look in because the others have been doing so well.
Wright was doing well so Anderson never got a loo in and people were saying he was useless, now he’s got his chance he’s proving them all wrong. If marquis or copps for injured one of the players you say aren’t good enough may prove you wrong

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #425 on December 17, 2018, 10:17:44 pm by selby »
Dickos,  I don't think they will here, and like Mandeville and McCullough have a better chance of building a career elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:19:59 pm by selby »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #426 on December 18, 2018, 12:10:16 am by steve@dcfd »
  Steve, I am pointing that out, the players that are our fringe players have contributed no more than those two, and they are still on our books here, and need to go out on loan or released to make way for better to come in the same as Mandeville and McCullough have.

Like those two that won’t be here in the summer so whether those fringe players have contributed is irrelevant they’ll be gone

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #427 on December 18, 2018, 07:37:30 am by drfchound »
All teams have fringe players who make occasional appearances in the first team.
At our level they are usually inferior to the regular players that they temporarily replace.
It is only the top PL teams who have at least 22 players who are all as good as each other.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #428 on December 18, 2018, 09:07:00 am by RedJ »
That's just it. Some people seem to think we should have an entire string of first XI quality players getting splinters in their arse or worse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #429 on December 18, 2018, 09:35:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
That number is in the minority, the vast majority are sensible and understand the reality. In our most successful period we had players like Sam Hird, Mark Wilson, Paul Keegan who were signed as squad players however they played their part in their time. Perhaps a marker of our decline was when Keegan became a first choice in the absence of more expansive and creative midfielders and protecting a back four who the manager of the day thought couldn't look after themselves.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #430 on December 18, 2018, 09:37:32 am by selby »
RJ, that should be the clubs ambition and I am sure it is,  a club cannot have too many good players, and cannot afford to carry any that are not good enough.
  The ones that are not good enough here have missed out on more cup games in two competitions and putting themselves forward to play more league games in the process, not to mention the money they have cost the  club in prize money by not being good enough to progress.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #431 on December 18, 2018, 09:50:00 am by RedJ »
You cannot have 22 first team quality players at this level and you're on another planet if you genuinely believe they should.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #432 on December 18, 2018, 10:02:44 am by selby »
The club, the playing staff and the manager I am sure want to be as good as they can be. and will be, and are, looking to improve at every level  the playing staff from the academy right through to the first team squad.
  I have every faith in that is what they will be trying to achieve, the minute they accept mediocrity, like you seem to, things will start to slide backwards.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #433 on December 18, 2018, 10:08:13 am by silent majority »
The club, the playing staff and the manager I am sure want to be as good as they can be. and will be, and are, looking to improve at every level  the playing staff from the academy right through to the first team squad.
  I have every faith in that is what they will be trying to achieve, the minute they accept mediocrity, like you seem to, things will start to slide backwards.

I don't think anybody is accepting mediocrity, but RedJ is right, 22 1st team quality players will cost more than we can afford. The only way to do that is to accept 22 players who won't be as good as we would like.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #434 on December 18, 2018, 10:17:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
Then there's always the problem of keeping half of the 22 first team quality players content with not starting.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #435 on December 18, 2018, 10:27:57 am by selby »
  SM, I  accept that we will have some players that are better players in their positions than others in the first team squad, and that financial constraints dictate the quality of the squad as a whole.
  But the players who may be considered to play in the first team this or any other season must be of a standard that can compete when required to play at League 1 level, unfortunately the second half finish to last season, the teams including a fair few of the players who played in those games last season, and in the two early season cup games this season highlighted the fact that they are not up to the standard required and results of the development side this season containing the same players confirmed they are not good enough for league 1 football, and if they do not get another club in January, and are at the end of their contract at the end of the season, we should be looking to replace them with better.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #436 on December 18, 2018, 10:32:13 am by selby »
  BB, then the club would be able most likely to get a monetary reward for a transfer to another club, instead of paying good money out in wages to players who are not going to either push other players for a starting place, or be good enough to actually play regularly.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #437 on December 18, 2018, 10:41:24 am by RedJ »
It's like banging your head against a wall. The entire second string are never going to be playing all at once, so it's irrelevant how well they do as a team because they're only ever going to be filling in one or two at a time. No club in the third tier has an entire squad of first choice players. It just isn't practical.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #438 on December 18, 2018, 10:48:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
Selby. If there are any players that aren't considered good enough to push other players for a starting place then I'm sure McCann will continue to send them out on loan and get rid when their contract is up, if he chooses.

What process do you want to change?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #439 on December 18, 2018, 11:20:27 am by MachoMadness »
Why can't we just start with 22 players on the pitch? We'd be top of the league then. Bloody shite Bramhall.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #440 on December 18, 2018, 01:08:45 pm by selby »
  BB, I agree with you first Paragraph wholeheartedly, and see no need for any change in any system.
  But,If some of our supporters don't think that for the same money we are paying our fringe players we could not get better players from some of the lower football league and National League clubs there is something wrong, because they have dumped us out of cup competitions and have regularly won against our development sides  with them players playing in the games.
   God Knows how teams like Burton, Accrington, and Fleetwood did it,and Blackpool just cobble a side out of players nobody else want every season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #441 on December 18, 2018, 01:12:40 pm by drfchound »
Did those clubs make nine or ten changes from their regular first team for the JPT. (Or whatever it is called) games?
Genuine question.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #442 on December 18, 2018, 09:21:00 pm by dickos1 »
  BB, I agree with you first Paragraph wholeheartedly, and see no need for any change in any system.
  But,If some of our supporters don't think that for the same money we are paying our fringe players we could not get better players from some of the lower football league and National League clubs there is something wrong, because they have dumped us out of cup competitions and have regularly won against our development sides  with them players playing in the games.
   God Knows how teams like Burton, Accrington, and Fleetwood did it,and Blackpool just cobble a side out of players nobody else want every season.

Simply don’t understand what you’re going on about.
Just because our reserve team have lost some games in no way does that mean 3 or 4 of them wouldn’t be good enough for the first team.
If you’d put copps, whiteman and butler in the reserve side we still may have lost those game, but that does not mean they aren’t good enough to play for the first team

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #443 on December 18, 2018, 09:31:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Eh so on this logic when, say, Man Utd lose in the league cup to a lower division team after making 11 changes they should sell the whole second string and replace it with, say, championship players because they beat them that one time when the game had little significance....

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #444 on December 19, 2018, 04:56:22 pm by selby »
  Dickos, that is the point, at least four or five players have been the common denominator in if  not all the games, most of those games. They are not good enough to play League 1 football, as the managers teams he picks on a regular basis shows,  they are only making the numbers up on the bench, a couple come on for a few minutes, four are already out on loan, two from the seasons start,
   They have little future at this club as first team players, Kiwomya maybe as he has  a longer contract, and a judgement can be made on his progress at Chesterfield to the end of the season,and whether his illness was the main reason for his loss of form.
   May's goalscoring record has to improve, but again he could be
retained,Personally I cannot see Taylor, Ben Khemis, Lund, and Beestin being offered a contract for next season, Beestin not on ability but on being mobile enough to fit the system we play now, him and May being the only hard choices for me, the other three could go in this transfer window for me.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #445 on December 19, 2018, 05:17:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
The manager said about three weeks ago he had 15/16 players fighting for the first team. Out of them at least two are loan players. He said he was hoping to sign two or three players to improve that.

Therefore the others some are even subs are not good enough or ready for the first team. Therefore in the summer about 10 I think will go. He has started signing his own development players so the others may struggle.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #446 on December 19, 2018, 06:13:45 pm by dickos1 »
  Dickos, that is the point, at least four or five players have been the common denominator in if  not all the games, most of those games. They are not good enough to play League 1 football, as the managers teams he picks on a regular basis shows,  they are only making the numbers up on the bench, a couple come on for a few minutes, four are already out on loan, two from the seasons start,
   They have little future at this club as first team players, Kiwomya maybe as he has  a longer contract, and a judgement can be made on his progress at Chesterfield to the end of the season,and whether his illness was the main reason for his loss of form.
   May's goalscoring record has to improve, but again he could be
retained,Personally I cannot see Taylor, Ben Khemis, Lund, and Beestin being offered a contract for next season, Beestin not on ability but on being mobile enough to fit the system we play now, him and May being the only hard choices for me, the other three could go in this transfer window for me.

That’s the same with every club in the country,

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #447 on December 22, 2018, 06:47:41 pm by Alickismyhero »

The manger implied earlier in the week he was going to rest Mandy so he was on the bench till the 57min. Seemed to have a good game with another assist to his name.

More supporter comments from Morecambe.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mandy came on after 57 minutes.

Oates had played well but is just coming back from injury. Liam looked sharper than in recent games and was both tracking back to defend but also linking the front two nicely. Had a really good half an hour or so. Perhaps needed a bit of a rest? Perhaps he looked better coming on against a side that were getting tired, so he had that extra second or two? Everyone played well, including Liam. Good game and an excellent three points (and three superb goals!)

-------------------------------------------------

Really disappointed to miss the game today, but equally happy to watch my son’s U11 team get to the final of a very competitive tournament.
Alright aimh
Sandgrown has started a thread after today’s game, titled Mandeville Magic.

-------------------------------------------------

Mandeville took the game by the scruff of the neck when he came on, the whole team responded to him, but for some brave defending by Cambridge we would have had a hatful.

well done to the whole team and JB for getting his subs right this time !

--------------------------------------------------
Missed the game today. Glad to hear Mandy made a serious contribution to the game. Brilliant result for The Shrimps. Come on!!!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #448 on December 22, 2018, 07:03:23 pm by NickDRFC »
Alick, I know and appreciate your reasons for this thread which you have reiterated several times, but I’m astounded that there isn’t more to your interest in Mandeville given Rovers had a game that finished a couple of hours ago yet you are seemingly more interested in Morecambe’s game!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #449 on December 22, 2018, 07:33:19 pm by dickos1 »
Kiwomya scores again
4 in 3 games now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012