Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:22:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No good at maths  (Read 1869 times)

bigal

• Forum Member
No good at maths
« on October 28, 2011, 10:21:41 pm by bigal »
Just listened to D.Saunders pre match interview on player coventry game
says a quarter of the season not gone yet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: No good at maths
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2011, 06:56:27 am by CusworthRovers »
Percentages were never his thing to be fair............if you listen further he talks about the square of the length of the hypotenuse equals the sum of the squares of the lengths of the other two sides.

I guess he was talking about your everyday 3,4,5 triangle. For me it's easier on the public eye if you just square root the hypotenuse to get and show the true length, rather than just show a number with a little number 2 at the top. Same thing really what Deano's saying

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2011, 09:03:33 am by bigal »
I suppose that just about sums it up

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 29, 2011, 09:37:32 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
As we all know, football is a percentages game, but with statements such as this, I can see why the fanbase is divided. Multiply this schoolboy error with all the others and it adds up to Saunders knowing the square root of fook all. Lets face it, the bloke is a complete digit and probably thinks ? should be served in a foil tray with ketchup.

Hopefully things will change if McKay manages to bring Archimedes in on loan from FC Syracuse.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 29, 2011, 09:49:03 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=195028
As we all know, football is a percentages game, but with statements such as this, I can see why the fanbase is divided. Multiply this schoolboy error with all the others and it adds up to Saunders knowing the square root of fook all. Lets face it, the bloke is a complete digit and probably thinks ? should be served in a foil tray with ketchup.

Hopefully things will change if McKay manages to bring Archimedes in on loan from FC Syracuse.

I think Archimedes and Pythagoras up top in a 4-4-2 would get goals! I`ve heard Newton is a decent winger and stays on his feet more often after cracking the laws of gravity is he available? ;)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2011, 10:01:13 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=195031
I`ve heard Newton is a decent winger and stays on his feet more often after cracking the laws of gravity is he available? ;)

Yes he is. Unfortunately, no fooker can understand his contract demands.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2011, 10:38:47 am by CusworthRovers »
Talking of holding midfielders with a presence. I give you Socrates, he did a decent job for Greece and subsequently Brazil

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2011, 10:43:18 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=195043
Talking of holding midfielders with a presence. I give you Socrates, he did a decent job for Greece and subsequently Brazil

Being a philosopher, Socrates would probably be more of a SoD type midfielder, I would have thought! Aristotle is more your Dean Saunders type of player

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 29, 2011, 10:58:04 am by CusworthRovers »
True, then again Einstein achieved celebrity status around the world and would suit the current footballing plan of DRFC.He's also on Willie's books.

Einstein sat down for months in his study and actually presented his own contract to Willie, showing him pages and pages of numbers, letters, Greek symbols and other mathematical symbols to arrive at his payment. Willie glanced at it and said 'Och aye, I'll take 99.9% and you 0.1%. Sign here Kitson'.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 29, 2011, 11:19:21 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=195050
True, then again Einstein achieved celebrity status around the world and would suit the current footballing plan of DRFC.He's also on Willie's books.

Einstein sat down for months in his study and actually presented his own contract to Willie, showing him pages and pages of numbers, letters, Greek symbols and other mathematical symbols to arrive at his payment. Willie glanced at it and said 'Och aye, I'll take 99.9% and you 0.1%. Sign here Kitson'.

Why not simplify your story so that everyone can understand it for christs sake?

P (McWilliam=Shyster)=Contract(C)+pages(x1000)+?????+?|?|?=(C)-(0.1%)Einstein-McWilliam(99.9%)= P = 100%Einstein is a Kitson according to McWilliam.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 29, 2011, 11:56:56 am by Padge_DRFC »
Must be expecting a long run in the FA cup this year.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 29, 2011, 12:58:41 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=195046
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=195043

Being a philosopher, Socrates would probably be more of a SoD type midfielder, I would have thought! Aristotle is more your Dean Saunders type of player

Can anyone clever do a link to that famous Monty Python sketch of Greece versus Germany?

Germany versus Greece

Edit - see if this works

Eureka :scarf:

An all time classic

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 30, 2011, 12:29:36 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8[/video]

TinyPortal © 2005-2012