Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:12:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why cant we take good corners??  (Read 734 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Why cant we take good corners??
« on October 29, 2011, 07:50:38 pm by normal rules »
It was  noticeable today in the second half in particular that Brian Stock kept hoofing the ball too long from corners - why is this?
We were discussing this on the way home. I assume the rovers still train at Cantley Park (big open area with no sense of distance, unlike the enclosed feel of the KM) - is this the reason? In fact is the training pitch the sam size as that at KM. just a few ideas we came up with.

Disappointing to see us time and again waste corners which other clubs seem to capitalise on for goal scoring opportunities.

I am sure the stattos on here will quote Rovers recent ability (or not) to score goals as a direct result of a corner (ie corner kick then header/kick into goal).

Also why oh why did at least three players take free kicks today. By my recollection there were three free kicks all within shooting distance of goal that were taken by 1. Stock. 2. Gillett and 3. friend. Why dont we stick to one set piece kicker and keep it at that?

Disappointed today and frustrated. Period of transformation, too much change too soon? who knows time will tell.

Looking forward to better on tues night.
RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012