Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:05:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John doesn't want to be here  (Read 6477 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
John doesn't want to be here
« on June 16, 2019, 02:15:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
McCann quote in the free press about Marquis. If that's the sentiment, then best he leaves.

Replacing Marquis / Wilks from last season will be an extremely difficult task.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: John doesn't want to be here
« Reply #2 on June 16, 2019, 02:33:40 pm by 5minstogo »
I can't see a Championship club paying more than a million for him. He would still be a risk signing and by the sound of it the club are looking to get £2 million +. Not sure how this is going to pan out.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 16, 2019, 02:41:42 pm by Rovers91 »
I can't see a Championship club paying more than a million for him. He would still be a risk signing and by the sound of it the club are looking to get £2 million +. Not sure how this is going to pan out.

A championship club will 100% pay more than a million pounds for him.  I don't know if he will cut it in the championship but a club will pay a lot for him. Wouldn't be surprised if we got £3million plus for him especially with how McCann has brought up in his interview the money Peterborough have got for players in the past.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 16, 2019, 02:42:49 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

Posh sold Jack Marriott to Derby County last summer for an initial £3m - rising to £5m - while Conor Washington left London Road for Queens Park Rangers for a reported £2.5m in 2016

All players are risks, that’s why teams weigh up the valuation and gamble on it, Derby have paid out a lot for a player, we have a player who has scored 26 goals last year. His work rate and personal character will go along way with meetings of potential managers. We should be expecting 2 million minimum

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 16, 2019, 02:46:15 pm by Boomstick »
Sounds like the club is demanding a good few million.
Makes a refreshing change

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 16, 2019, 04:25:53 pm by Retdon1 »
This is confirming what I was told last week. A bid in the region of £2 million will be a good deal for all parties. There is plenty of money in the championship these days.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 16, 2019, 05:04:14 pm by the vicar »
Put it thisway, if we wanted to buy a 25 goal a season fow much would it cost us, more than 3 million

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 16, 2019, 05:19:19 pm by dknward2 »
All depends on how the deal is structured we don’t need to sell but do we really want a player here who doesn’t want to be, now I am sure John would give 100%. If we do keep hold of him and dont get him to sign a new contract then we do risk losing him for nothing at season end

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 16, 2019, 05:21:18 pm by redarmy82 »
Not keen on the lack of urgency here.
if he doesn't end up leaving until the last minute, then we are knackered as it leaves us no time to replace him.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 16, 2019, 05:38:50 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good that we are sticking to our guns on valuation. I think if Marquis is here next season he’ll give his all.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 16, 2019, 06:13:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Put it thisway, if we wanted to buy a 25 goal a season fow much would it cost us, more than 3 million
Depends what level he scored those 25 goals.
How much have Ipswich paid Tranmere for Norwood ?  That is a question as I don’t know the answer.
1 million, 2 million ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 16, 2019, 06:19:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How much have Ipswich paid Tranmere for Norwood ?  That is a question as I don’t know the answer.
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 16, 2019, 06:26:01 pm by Nudga »
It makes me laugh, we could get up to 2mil for marquis but people think we need 3 million to replace him.
Logic is all f**ked up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 16, 2019, 06:27:27 pm by Campsall rover »
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.
Was he out of contract. Presume he must have been.
Bet his wages are 8 to 10 grand a week then.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 16, 2019, 06:28:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.
Was he out of contract. Presume he must have been. Bet his wages are 10 grand a week then.

Yep.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 16, 2019, 06:44:49 pm by since-1969 »
All depends on how the deal is structured we don’t need to sell but do we really want a player here who doesn’t want to be, now I am sure John would give 100%. If we do keep hold of him and dont get him to sign a new contract then we do risk losing him for nothing at season end
[/quote) I Suppose McCann will be looking st his replacement as well , do we have sell he before we can buy and how much does a replacement cost . This season is going to be a hard one for McCann as he wouldn’t won’t to be loosing Marquis as along with Kane Wilks and Rowe , that’s nearly all goals gone from the side . The clubs ambitions should be stretching to investing in players who have proven abilities likes Marquis  or there’s going to be too many empty seats next season . 

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 16, 2019, 07:15:01 pm by dknward2 »
We don't have to spend anything nobody  is making us john was a free transfer we maybe able to find another gem and spend the money on other areas

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 16, 2019, 07:22:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
If he goes, we don’t have a single striker on the books. Sadlier could get to double figures from wide, Copps unlikely to do so. We need to replace not only Marquis goals but also Wilks goals. Perhaps our incoming Scottish friend could cover the Wilks deficit. Still need more out of upfront.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 16, 2019, 07:41:21 pm by silent majority »
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.
Was he out of contract. Presume he must have been. Bet his wages are 10 grand a week then.

Yep.

Nope.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 16, 2019, 07:48:55 pm by Campsall rover »
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.

Yep.

Nope.
Nope to what SM? Free transfer or his wages?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 16, 2019, 07:52:58 pm by the vicar »
The difference with Norwood is he has left for  nothing is a special case as he wants to be near his elderly mum and dad so they let him go for nothing to help him

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 16, 2019, 07:56:51 pm by since-1969 »
If he goes, we don’t have a single striker on the books. Sadlier could get to double figures from wide, Copps unlikely to do so. We need to replace not only Marquis goals but also Wilks goals. Perhaps our incoming Scottish friend could cover the Wilks deficit. Still need more out of upfront.
No one and is expecting Marquis to change his stance and sign a long term contract so it’s back to the drawing board . McCann has known I believe since he came that players would be leaving and it wouldn’t be easy to get the replacements with a budget that only just  competes with others at the top half . If they get good money for Marquis this would help but it is possible we end up letting him go out on loan so a fee,  if the figure the club want doesn’t happen and because pressure on the club to get their target replacement will immense so priorities change just like McCann's opinion.   McCann is on record stating he doesn’t wont loans , amazing thing to say when you consider that club are about to pay  a huge some for precisely that . If one thing I’ve picked up from listening to Grant McCann is that he seldom says what he means .

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 16, 2019, 08:04:22 pm by sha66y »
Once again it appears that the ill-informed are bandying around non-facts and heresay to come up with dog turds.....
I guess forum members of all football clubs must send there brains away over the silly season.....
To assume we NEED to spend BIG to replace JM and have an impact is ridiculous....

How many on here are actually in possession of the facts?

I believe JM left the Rovers ( in his heart ).. during the January window....and a few noticed it , and a few refused to call it anything other than “ a dip in form”

And by all accounts ( fingers crossed) ...our very astute manager was well aware of what was happening and I hope, proceeded to put in place a plan B, which I believe he has already alluded to....

Many on here seem far too quick to raise concerns that have no real gravity....and for all the back slapping of GM for his excellent signings last season, for whatever reason seem to think that he won’t be able to do it again!

Dont say “ in GM we trust” .....unless you truly believe it.......enjoy ya summer break and be patient, scaremongering is for the illuminati not the average Joe with a distorted view

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 16, 2019, 08:19:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Re Norwood - if you care to glance at the BBC transfers page, it says undisclosed, meaning he must have cost something.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 16, 2019, 08:23:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
1 million, 2 million ?

Free transfer.

Yep.

Nope.
Nope to what SM? Free transfer or his wages?

I was saying Yep to free transfer, which is what their website says it is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/james-norwood-signs-for-ipswich-town/&ved=2ahUKEwjq-6bO3O7iAhWUrHEKHfyICLsQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2kVW9oHpGGHu4z7hncWYr2&cshid=1560712925131

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 16, 2019, 08:32:04 pm by since-1969 »
McCann is enjoying having to plat Water with his poker face style of management , but it is working but it’s going to be difficult to smile when everything is as fluid as this .
Those Sears who take credit for knowing what has been vastly published in the press by those in the know ,  should come to terms,  that it not going to a repeat performance and there is a team crisis developing with players still not agreeing contracts and only one definite new player signing after nearly a dozen leaving. I believe in McCann but I doubt even he can see the light at the end until possibly end of  July or even later .

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 16, 2019, 09:13:46 pm by Retdon1 »
McCann is enjoying having to plat Water with his poker face style of management , but it is working but it’s going to be difficult to smile when everything is as fluid as this .
Those Sears who take credit for knowing what has been vastly published in the press by those in the know ,  should come to terms,  that it not going to a repeat performance and there is a team crisis developing with players still not agreeing contracts and only one definite new player signing after nearly a dozen leaving. I believe in McCann but I doubt even he can see the light at the end until possibly end of  July or even later .

You talk some absolute nonsense

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 16, 2019, 09:20:18 pm by drfchound »
Since1969 keeps talking about the “goals we have lost” when he talks about the players who have either left or are likely to leave.
Is it likely that the players we will bring in to replace them won’t score any goals at all.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 16, 2019, 09:28:05 pm by since-1969 »
We have players that can score , but we lost good players and we haven’t stopped yet . Only those at the top know who’s coming in but not if they’ll succeed  only that they should .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012