Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:20:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How many players ?  (Read 3770 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
How many players ?
« on June 17, 2019, 01:01:38 pm by redbrez »
How many players have we lost from last season?
The 4 out of contract players ?
3 loan players ,
And how many did we release?

Do you think we will sign 8 , to 10 players to get the squad at the same level squad wise ?I
Not wanting to raise the budget debate , and the budget is what it is
But why do people keep defending it ? It's obviously not has good has a top six budget ? And like I say I don't care but tell the truth and be honest .

Just read between the lines with players leaving , and in hindsight  it worked out well with Ferguson  leaving and getting GM.lets just hope he doesn't get frustrated and leave.
If we loose Whiteman and marquis , it will be a near impossible position for GM.

Andrew is going to be a big miss .

Would of liked GM to build a side , but it looks like too  many changes for this season , let's just hope we don't go the other way this season, please prove me wrong. Rant over ha ha

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: How many players ?
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2019, 01:24:25 pm by since-1969 »
The budget has been paired back to save money and used to support possible new signings with a smaller squad . All our top performers have either gone back to their parent clubs or leaving for pastors new . It’s going to be an all new look next season .

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 17, 2019, 01:26:36 pm by Retdon1 »
3 loan players ,

Do you think we will sign 8 , to 10 players to get the squad at the same level squad wise ?I
But why do people keep defending it ? It's obviously not has good has a top six budget ? And like I say I don't care but tell the truth and be honest .

Just read between the lines with players leaving , and in hindsight  it worked out well with Ferguson  leaving and getting GM.lets just hope he doesn't get frustrated and leave.
If we loose Whiteman and marquis , it will be a near impossible position for GM.

Would of liked GM to build a side , but it looks like too  many changes for this season , let's just hope we don't go the other way this season, please prove me wrong. Rant over ha ha

We had 5 loan players - Kane, Wilkes, downing, Smith, Lewis...
Release were - Butler, Rowe, Mandenville, McCollough, Beestin, Marosi

So from our first team squad that’s 9 players that need replacing

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2019, 01:28:11 pm by adamtherover »
3 loan players ,

have i missed something?.  when did andrew leave???

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 17, 2019, 01:28:54 pm by redbrez »
10 players , Andrew.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 17, 2019, 01:30:15 pm by adamtherover »
10 players , Andrew.
where has he gone??   or just refused the new contract offer?

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 17, 2019, 01:34:22 pm by redbrez »
Not looking good , need some positive news , would of thought with the good cup run and trying to build on a good season , all looks worrying ,
If we are drastically cutting back , let's just someone be honest about it ?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 17, 2019, 01:41:12 pm by Retdon1 »
Not looking good , need some positive news , would of thought with the good cup run and trying to build on a good season , all looks worrying ,
If we are drastically cutting back , let's just someone be honest about it ?

Where is your evidence of drastic cut backs ?
How are things not looking good ?

The players don't report back for pre season training for another 2 weeks. I’m guessing we will have annoced a number of new signings by then.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 17, 2019, 01:42:10 pm by elmsallrover »
Also not looking good for season tickets sales this or the season after

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 17, 2019, 01:45:56 pm by mushRTID »
Maybe we have a number of deals lined up but need Marquis to go before finalising them?

I am a bit concerned given some supposed high earners have left and some of the deadwood have gone off the wage bill too.

Still early though.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 17, 2019, 01:52:31 pm by redbrez »
True ,and the budget is what it is ,but would of liked to have improved the squad on last year ,but it is looking a tough ask , just hope fans don't turn on GM , it's all bit too working at the moment .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 17, 2019, 01:52:56 pm by drfchound »
3 loan players ,

How many times did Beestin figure in the first team?
As for Mandeville and McCullough...............

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 17, 2019, 01:53:50 pm by drfchound »
The budget has been paired back to save money and used to support possible new signings with a smaller squad . All our top performers have either gone back to their parent clubs or leaving for pastors new . It’s going to be an all new look next season .

I wonder if the vicar knows anything about those pastors new?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 17, 2019, 01:55:55 pm by Retdon1 »
11 players have left from last season. Why would we need marquis to go before signing anyone... people need to seriously chill out. It’s mid June.. lots of things are going on behind the sceans. McCan has already said he’s meeting potential new signings and that we will have a stronger team than last season

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2019, 01:57:26 pm by redarmy82 »
Doesn't matter how many season tickets we sell, the club will still claim there's 7500 in the stadium.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2019, 01:59:06 pm by mushRTID »
11 players have left from last season. Why would we need marquis to go before signing anyone..

Maybe because some of our signings will command a fee?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2019, 02:43:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I'd also include Mason in that - we were missing him in the last part of the season.

One loan done. One signing. For me Louis Jones steps up to replace Marosi, seems like may have to anyway.

So really only Butler and Rowe to be replaced, plus one more class season long loan in midfield. Other youngsters to get a chance and the other loans will come as needs be later.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 17, 2019, 03:04:00 pm by pib »
There's plenty of time. The fixtures aren't even out yet and there's 7ish weeks until the season. Nothing to panic about at all IMO.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 17, 2019, 03:05:18 pm by redbrez »
3 loan players ,

have i missed something?.  when did andrew leave???
Not sure with Andrew,  but read it on the rumour mill .?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 17, 2019, 03:15:53 pm by Danmckay456 »
McCann needs backing for an outstanding job last season , I understand giving players like Amos , McClean, Blaney , and Jones a try as back up players but you can’t trim our squad much more it’s threadbare as it is.

Trimming the wage bill is fair enough and we had a lot of deadwood to get rid of but if we try and go in with a squad of 18 players then I think the pressure will be intensified from the start of the season with the expectations being on the back of an outstanding season.

What worries me is we won’t have enough competition for places still early days though

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 17, 2019, 03:39:15 pm by northern soul »

I'd also include Mason in that - we were missing him in the last part of the season.

One loan done. One signing. For me Louis Jones steps up to replace Marosi, seems like may have to anyway.

So really only Butler and Rowe to be replaced, plus one more class season long loan in midfield. Other youngsters to get a chance and the other loans will come as needs be later.

I whole heartedly agree.
If we never give the youngsters a chance then we'll never get anywhere.

If whiteman and marquis move on, then that's life, as long as we get a decent fee for them, then off we go again. There are always decent players available every year, we have to have faith in our management team to find the ones that fit best for us. They may not be the big names, highest fees or on the biggest wages, but will do the job we want them to do the best, as part of our TEAM. SODs teams always had a greater sum as a whole than the individual parts, that's what we need to replicate. Look at Barnsley's team from last year, focussed mainly on young players, it might be a decent model to look at.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 17, 2019, 03:48:26 pm by silent majority »
I can't understand what all the panic is about.

Sure players will leave, it happens, but I can guarantee that the club are extremely busy in the background. And as one of the management team told me, players are like buses, they all come at once.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2019, 03:58:43 pm by graingrover »
I don’t subscribe to the thought that we would need to wait for eventual Marquis sale in order to bring players in .Cash flow has never been an issue with this Board whatever the budget .It wouldn’t surprise me to see one or more big additions to the squad with JM still on our books
My wish would be for the club to extend John’s contract and agree with him a release clause if an offer from a club he can’t resist comes in and subject to an agreed bid amount being tabled .

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2019, 04:05:22 pm by Retdon1 »
I said on an earlier thread that I think it’s a risk to only have a squad of 18 senior players and make up the numbers with unproven youth players... if u take a look at Mccans signings, they appear to either be really good or really poor.
Good - Kane, Wilkes, downing, Sadlier
Poor - Taylor, Cummings, Lewis, Smith, J Anderson

I didn’t include Crawford as it was reported at the time that deal was virtually completed before he arrived. If the plan is to run with only a small first team squad, it makes his recruitment even more crucial. We can’t afford to have players like Taylor and J Anderson here this season.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2019, 04:25:26 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought Cummings did ok remember he was only a short term buy for cover,Lewis didn’t do bad and smith really on played a small part as sub,Anderson and Taylor were let downs thou

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2019, 04:58:27 pm by Retdon1 »
I thought Cummings did ok remember he was only a short term buy for cover,Lewis didn’t do bad and smith really on played a small part as sub,Anderson and Taylor were let downs thou

It’s all opinions I guess. I thought Cummings was poor but I guess he wasn’t match fit. If Lewis was any good he would have been playing right back instead of us playing Blair there. I agree Smith didn’t play too much but when Alfie May is being used ahead of him, it doesn’t say much for the lad

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 17, 2019, 05:11:26 pm by the vicar »

I wonder if the vicar knows anything about those pastors new?
I can say nothing hound sworn to secrecy mate

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 17, 2019, 05:18:55 pm by ravenrover »

Been on holiday who is the player on loan?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 17, 2019, 05:21:46 pm by drfchound »

There are three threads about him.
Not completed yet though I don’t think.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 17, 2019, 05:25:58 pm by ravenrover »

There are three threads about him.
Not completed yet though I don’t think.
Missed those then Hound, is it the lad from Rangers?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012