Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:44:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 03/08/19........  (Read 4104 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
03/08/19........
« on June 17, 2019, 07:19:56 pm by Draytonian III »
...... is when the season starts,correct ? Today’s date is 17/06/19, that’s roughly 7 weeks, the players don’t report back until a fortnight today. I bet by the time pre season starts there will be at least half a dozen new faces. In any other business the boss doesn’t tell everyone his plans

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: 03/08/19........
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2019, 07:21:21 pm by drfchound »
Come on mate, don’t start putting reasonable comments like that on here.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 17, 2019, 07:22:38 pm by karldew »
Away shirt isn’t even out yet...

We’re doomed, doomed a tell thi!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2019, 07:35:35 pm by RobTheRover »
Aye, bloody rubbish, Cusack.

Get that Peter Heritage lad in up front. He'll do us a job.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 17, 2019, 07:57:52 pm by dickos1 »
What you say is true of course
But I don’t think it’s unusual to have a little twinge in your ballsack now we’ve lost 7/8 players from our starting 11

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 17, 2019, 08:00:17 pm by redarmy82 »
We've currently got 4 players who started the 2nd leg against Charlton.

There's a strong possibility that could go down to 2.

To build practically a new starting 11 to challenge for the top two (Mccans own target), is alomst an impossible task.

It'll take til Christmas for them to gel properly.

I'd take 5th bottom if you offered it me now.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 17, 2019, 08:19:25 pm by leedshayter »

To build practically a new starting 11 to challenge for the top two (Mccans own target), is alomst an impossible task.

How did Saunders get on with a new squad ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 17, 2019, 09:11:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

We knew full well that if we didn't achieve promotion then our crown jewels would be targets for other clubs.

We knew full well, Kane & Wilks would be returning to their clubs having fulfilled their development potential and are likely to be tested at a higher level.

We knew full well there were players that needed to be moved on due to not fulfilling their potential.

We also should know full well that players out of contract, who were inconsistent, would not be offered improved terms.

McCann is the manager and will have been acutely aware of the possibilities and probabilities. Personally, I have faith in his ability so I'm not concerned about where we are now or where we'll be come the start of the season.

The way the market is operating these days, clubs will be dealing with a higher turnover of players than before. Perhaps some more than others. Those offering higher wages they can't sustain are taking bigger risks and may pay the price should their gambles on average players not pay off.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 17, 2019, 09:19:56 pm by Campsall rover »
...... is when the season starts,correct ? Today’s date is 17/06/19, that’s roughly 7 weeks, the players don’t report back until a fortnight today. I bet by the time pre season starts there will be at least half a dozen new faces. In any other business the boss doesn’t tell everyone his plans
Draytonian you should know better.
How dare you say something sensible & positive in the same sentence.
I can’t get my breath. You won’t half get some stick for saying that.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 17, 2019, 09:20:43 pm by redarmy82 »

We knew full well that if we didn't achieve promotion then our crown jewels would be targets for other clubs.

We knew full well, Kane & Wilks would be returning to their clubs having fulfilled their development potential and are likely to be tested at a higher level.

We knew full well there were players that needed to be moved on due to not fulfilling their potential.

We also should know full well that players out of contract, who were inconsistent, would not be offered improved terms.

McCann is the manager and will have been acutely aware of the possibilities and probabilities. Personally, I have faith in his ability so I'm not concerned about where we are now or where we'll be come the start of the season.

The way the market is operating these days, clubs will be dealing with a higher turnover of players than before. Perhaps some more than others. Those offering higher wages they can't sustain are taking bigger risks and may pay the price should their gambles on average players not pay off.

Or you can try and do everything on the cheap and hope it comes off, and if it doesn't, then no one can be disappointed.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 17, 2019, 09:24:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You might call it cheap. Some might call it sensible.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 17, 2019, 09:26:15 pm by redarmy82 »

Why, because we won't spend money?
you may not like it, but football is a money game, and it's filtering down the leagues. That isn't going to change, so we either play the game, or get left behind.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 17, 2019, 09:29:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We do spend money.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 17, 2019, 09:44:54 pm by Filo »

Why, because we won't spend money?
you may not like it, but football is a money game, and it's filtering down the leagues. That isn't going to change, so we either play the game, or get left behind.

The new left back will cost a fee, I’d call that spending money

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2019, 09:56:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Thank heavens our board don’t live in fantasy land like some of our posters on here.
Some of you need to get real and live in the real world.
If you still want to still have a DRFC in 10/20 years time then we have the right business plan in place with a sensible wage structure, living within its means. That’s not a lack of ambition. It’s the correct way to run the club.
Football clubs are a business whether we like it or not and if you continually spend more than what comes in you eventually go bust.
I will say it again, do you want a sustainable model for the club or do you want boom and bust?
That’s the choice. I know which one i prefer.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2019, 09:58:20 pm by redarmy82 »
Thank heavens our board don’t live in fantasy land like some of our posters on here.
If you still want to still have a DRFC in 10/20 years time then we have the right business plan in place with a sensible wage structure, living within its means. That’s not a lack of ambition. It’s the correct way to run the club.
Football clubs are a business whether we like it or not and if you continually spend more than what comes in you eventually go bust.
I will say it again, do you want a sustainable model for the club or do you want boom and bust?

Or do you want mediocrity forever?

Spending big does not mean you're going to bust out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2019, 10:13:45 pm by Campsall rover »

Yes it does.
Where is the money going to come from. Are you going to fork out millions every year out of your own pocket and get none of it back.
Bramhall and Watson may be very wealthy but why should they spend millions of their own money year after year. What they are doing is building an infrastructure that is sustainable.
Why can’t you understand that. We didn’t spend silly money last season and we were a whisker away from the play off final. One game from gaining Championship status again.
This board do not do mediocrity they want success. Believe me they wouldn’t be here if they didn’t.
If you can’t see that red army then you must have a blindfold on. Open your eyes and see the reality.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:15:58 pm by Campsall rover »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 17, 2019, 10:17:27 pm by redarmy82 »

Yes it does.
Where is the money going to come from. Are you going to fork out millions every year out of your own pocket and get none of it back.
Bramhall and Watson may be very wealthy but why should they spend millions of their own money year after year. What they are doing is building an infrastructure that is sustainable.
Why can’t you understand that. We didn’t spend silly money last season and we were a whisker away from the play off final. One game from gaining Championship status again.
This board do not do mediocrity they want success. Believe me they wouldn’t be here if they didn’t.
If you can’t see that red army then you must have a blindfold on. Open your eyes and see the reality.

It isn't my concern where the money comes from.

If the board want success, they have to realise, that you've got to compete with those willing to pay for success.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 17, 2019, 10:20:54 pm by silent majority »

Yes it does.

If the board want success, they have to realise, that you've got to compete with those willing to pay for success.

And the have done, by subsidising the club by £2 to £2.5m a year.

We had a top 6 budget last season, why can't you see that? Or doesn't it fit with your narrative?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 17, 2019, 10:21:27 pm by redarmy82 »

Yes it does.

We had a top 6 budget last season, why can't you see that? Or doesn't it fit with your narrative?

Where's the proof?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 17, 2019, 10:23:14 pm by Campsall rover »

Yes it does.

So your happy for the club to be millions in debt. How many millions would you be happy with in the persuit of glory. Tell me. Whose money are YOU willing to spend?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 17, 2019, 10:24:02 pm by redarmy82 »

Yes it does.

So your happy for the club to be millions in debt. How many millions would you be happy with in the persuit of glory. Tell me. Whose money are YOU willing to spend?

Yes I'd be happy. Isn't my money. Couldn't care less.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2019, 10:26:24 pm by dickos1 »

I’m not so sure re-investing all the money we’ve saved on wages over the last 2/3 years is going to cripple us.
We’ve lost a high number of players over the last two seasons the wage bill has been significantly reduced which isn’t a bad thing and I’m not sure why people think it is or why people also try to pretend it hasn’t happened

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2019, 10:40:30 pm by Campsall rover »

Yes it does.

That says it all then doesn’t it. NOT YOUR MONEY. EXACTLY.
I am totally wasting my breath because you can’t or probably do not want to see sense or reason.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2019, 10:49:48 pm by silent majority »

Yes it does.

Where's the proof?

It's in the annual accounts, year after year.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2019, 10:51:05 pm by silent majority »

I’m not so sure re-investing all the money we’ve saved on wages over the last 2/3 years is going to cripple us.
We’ve lost a high number of players over the last two seasons the wage bill has been significantly reduced which isn’t a bad thing and I’m not sure why people think it is or why people also try to pretend it hasn’t happened

But it hasn't has it? The player budget is as big as it's ever been.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 17, 2019, 10:53:32 pm by sha66y »

Yes it does.

And that concluding gem has probably negated any comments you are likely to make....and just about crippled any credibility your opinions hold..

Well done!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 17, 2019, 10:58:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Believe me his opinions never had any credibility.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 17, 2019, 11:03:12 pm by dickos1 »

of course our wage bill has been significantly reduced over the last 2/3 seasons.
Over a dozen players have left, discounting the youngsters and we’ve signed 4 or 5.
So obviously the wage bill is much lower than it was this time 2/3 years ago

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 17, 2019, 11:08:32 pm by silent majority »

of course our wage bill has been significantly reduced over the last 2/3 seasons.
Over a dozen players have left, discounting the youngsters and we’ve signed 4 or 5.
So obviously the wage bill is much lower than it was this time 2/3 years ago

You really need to stop guessing and look at the accounts. The budget has continued at a pretty high level for the last 3 years. It's documented and filed at Companies House.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012