Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:06:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 03/08/19........  (Read 4103 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: 03/08/19........
« Reply #30 on June 17, 2019, 11:14:47 pm by dickos1 »
I haven’t mentioned the budget I’m just talking purely about our wage bill,
I’m not guessing at all.
All you need to look at is the players that have left over the last 2 seasons and the ones that have come in.

It cannot be argued that the wage bill is the same now as it was 3 years ago

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 17, 2019, 11:16:06 pm by sha66y »
Thank heavens our board don’t live in fantasy land like some of our posters on here.
Some of you need to get real and live in the real world.
If you still want to still have a DRFC in 10/20 years time then we have the right business plan in place with a sensible wage structure, living within its means. That’s not a lack of ambition. It’s the correct way to run the club.
Football clubs are a business whether we like it or not and if you continually spend more than what comes in you eventually go bust.
I will say it again, do you want a sustainable model for the club or do you want boom and bust?
That’s the choice. I know which one i prefer.

I’m not so sure re-investing all the money we’ve saved on wages over the last 2/3 years is going to cripple us.
We’ve lost a high number of players over the last two seasons the wage bill has been significantly reduced which isn’t a bad thing and I’m not sure why people think it is or why people also try to pretend it hasn’t happened

But it hasn't has it? The player budget is as big as it's ever been.

of course our wage bill has been significantly reduced over the last 2/3 seasons.
Over a dozen players have left, discounting the youngsters and we’ve signed 4 or 5.
So obviously the wage bill is much lower than it was this time 2/3 years ago

You really need to stop guessing and look at the accounts. The budget has continued at a pretty high level for the last 3 years. It's documented and filed at Companies House.

dont you go letting facts get in the way of a good guessathon....lol

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 17, 2019, 11:17:39 pm by silent majority »
I’m not guessing at all.
All you need to look at is the players that have left over the last 2 seasons and the ones that have come in.

The wage bill is in the accounts, and it's no lower now than it was 2/3 years ago. So, with documentary evidence I am arguing with you. You're wrong, there is no other way of expressing that.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 17, 2019, 11:19:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’m not guessing at all.

You are guessing. You have no idea what our wage bill is. Yet again you are making stuff up - like the Oxford United performance in second half of the season, or all the players that apparently left since May 2019. All made up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 17, 2019, 11:20:02 pm by dickos1 »
Thank heavens our board don’t live in fantasy land like some of our posters on here.
Some of you need to get real and live in the real world.
If you still want to still have a DRFC in 10/20 years time then we have the right business plan in place with a sensible wage structure, living within its means. That’s not a lack of ambition. It’s the correct way to run the club.
Football clubs are a business whether we like it or not and if you continually spend more than what comes in you eventually go bust.
I will say it again, do you want a sustainable model for the club or do you want boom and bust?
That’s the choice. I know which one i prefer.

I’m not so sure re-investing all the money we’ve saved on wages over the last 2/3 years is going to cripple us.
We’ve lost a high number of players over the last two seasons the wage bill has been significantly reduced which isn’t a bad thing and I’m not sure why people think it is or why people also try to pretend it hasn’t happened

But it hasn't has it? The player budget is as big as it's ever been.

of course our wage bill has been significantly reduced over the last 2/3 seasons.
Over a dozen players have left, discounting the youngsters and we’ve signed 4 or 5.
So obviously the wage bill is much lower than it was this time 2/3 years ago

You really need to stop guessing and look at the accounts. The budget has continued at a pretty high level for the last 3 years. It's documented and filed at Companies House.

dont you go letting facts get in the way of a good guessathon....lol

No guessing I’m afraid,
The facts are, over the last two season we’ve released these off our wage bill

Marosi, McCullough, Mandeville, Williams, Lund, Rowe, Butler, garratt, beestin, mason, Baudry, Alcock, khemis, Middleton, Andrew and a few youngsters

And we’ve brought in, Crawford, Halliday,Anderson, sadlier. And a few youngsters.

So are you really trying to tell me that these 4 players earn the same as the 15 that have left?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 17, 2019, 11:23:27 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not guessing at all.

You are guessing. You have no idea what our wage bill is. Yet again you are making stuff up - like the Oxford United performance in second half of the season, or all the players that apparently left since May 2019. All made up.

Correct I’ve no idea, but even someone like
Yourself can surely identify that it’s less now than it was then just by looking at the facts in front of you

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 17, 2019, 11:24:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
And for the second time...we have handed out contract extensions and signed players on permanent terms, all which will eat into the budget. These are serious players we were extending so will have got serious increases - Marquis, Wright, Whiteman etc.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 17, 2019, 11:25:55 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not guessing at all.

May 2019??

Ooh was that a typo? See can happen tonrhe best of us.
Should I be as pathetic as you and bring this up now for the next 5 years? 🙄

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 17, 2019, 11:27:08 pm by dickos1 »
And for the second time...we have handed out contract extensions and signed players on permanent terms, all which will eat into the budget. These are serious players we were extending so will have got serious increases - Marquis, Wright, Whiteman etc.

And for the second time, extending a contract won’t come close to bridging the gap of 11 players leaving the wage bill altogether

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 17, 2019, 11:27:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Eh? You posted the other day that players had left since end of 2018/19 season ie May 2019 and included Williams and several others who had left a year before. Again, making stuff up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 17, 2019, 11:29:40 pm by dickos1 »
Eh?
And as the other people who were involved in the discussion quickly grasped it was meant the year before.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 17, 2019, 11:29:52 pm by Chris Black come back »

And for the second time, extending a contract won’t come close to bridging the gap of 11 players leaving the wage bill altogether

Nobody is saying it does - but equally your overly simplistic attempt at matching up player salaries is truly risible. You don’t know what player contracts look like - some could be stepped so they earn more in year 3 than year 2, and you neglected the impact of improved deals to current players. You are making statements without any fact - ie just making stuff up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 17, 2019, 11:33:00 pm by dickos1 »
New contracts are offered and signed all the time, are you suggesting that 2 years ago we weren’t offering players new contracts?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 17, 2019, 11:36:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
You are the one making definitive claims about player contracts, not me. You need to bring evidence forward to back up your claim. I am suggesting why your claim could be wrong. To date you have provided nothing other than playground arithmetic and supposition ie making stuff up. Again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 17, 2019, 11:41:55 pm by dickos1 »
As I’ve said a number of times you do seem to be a very odd man.

You haven’t suggested why my claim could be wrong you jumped on saying I was making stuff up.
Going on about what I said about oxford weeks ago which I corrected at the time and my post the other day which was the most obvious typo ever.

I think you’re obsessed

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 18, 2019, 05:54:21 am by roversdude »
Redarmy - so in your eyes there should be 92 clubs vying to qualify for Champions League?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012