Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:41:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wages  (Read 4130 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Wages
« on June 18, 2019, 07:04:46 am by GazLaz »
Releasing the players we have, especially Rowe and Butler, Grant must have some serious ammunition to go and attract players. He can really make the squad his own now and not have the restriction of players on big wages from previous regimes holding him back. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign a few players that are real proven quality at this level.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Wages
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2019, 07:05:36 am by rtid88 »
A positive post.... Surely not!?!?!  :ohmy: :ohmy:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2019, 07:22:50 am by since-1969 »
You would think so , but why are players wanting to leave then ... we can’t compete on wages . Budgets are tight at DRFC and the players wages are the largest single item . Andrews goes to Fleetwood ? It’s got to be they’ve  paid a big signing on fee .

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2019, 07:24:55 am by DRNaith »
You would think so , but why are players wanting to leave then ... we can’t compete on wages . Budgets are tight at DRFC and the players wages are the largest single item . Andrews goes to Fleetwood ? It’s got to be they’ve  paid a big signing on fee .

It doesn't HAVE to be that at all.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2019, 07:27:10 am by keith79 »
Looks like they are trimming the wages to me. Lower wagers smaller squad.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2019, 07:27:32 am by DonnyOsmond »

Or we don't want to pay over the odds for a player who isn't worth it?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2019, 07:29:52 am by Nudga »

Probably leaving because of melts like you.
1st half they'll be a hero 2nd half the worst player in DRFC history.

Boo hoo.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 18, 2019, 07:34:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Same (competitive) budget. Fewer players. Higher wages per player. Better players. Not too hard to fathom.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 18, 2019, 07:43:24 am by DRNaith »
You guys must be a barrel of laughs shopping with your missus!

Five minutes in: "Is that it? We're just getting salad and toilet roll....??? How can we live on salad an toilet roll???"

How can anyone form an opinion about what we're spending, in the middle of June?

I understand that it's frustrating at this time of year, I know that you're grasping for any little atom of information, I can see that this isn't how you would spend your millions of you owned the club, but as supporters we know very little about what happens behind closed doors and that's just the way it is.

Please, just take a moment to think about what you're claiming, otherwise maybe "supporting" a well run club like DRFC isn't for you.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 18, 2019, 08:06:54 am by pib »
It’s like an echo in here from last season. Remember that one where we ended up in the play offs?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 18, 2019, 08:13:03 am by RoversAlias »
That shopping analogy is very accurate. Good post again by the OP and DRNaith.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 18, 2019, 08:17:12 am by steve@dcfd »
It’s like an echo in here from last season. Remember that one where we ended up in the play offs?
With best three loan players gone. GM has failed to resign any of the good out of contract players. Money and length of contract will have been an issue. With the possibility of losing Marquis and Whiteman shows GM has ripped up last years blueprint, which ended with penalties off the final, to start again. Only this season will show whether we can improve like Charlton and or fall by the wayside like Shrewsbury.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 18, 2019, 08:23:24 am by IDM »

Evidence.?

If you believe what GM is quoted on the DFP website as saying, we actually offered Andrew more money, but he (his agent probably) fannyed about too long to sign that GM pulled the plug.

There’s a lot more to this than just money.!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 18, 2019, 08:24:41 am by pib »
With best three loan players gone. GM has failed to resign any of the good out of contract players. Money and length of contract will have been an issue. With the possibility of losing Marquis and Whiteman shows GM has ripped up last years blueprint, which ended with penalties off the final, to start again. Only this season will show whether we can improve like Charlton and or fall by the wayside like Shrewsbury.

Remember similar fuss when the likes of Baudry and Houghton left last year.

We were always going to lose Kane and Wilks, and probably Downing too (who only came in because Wright had an injury setback). Out of contract players leave every year. As the OP says it should free up plenty of money for McCann to get his own players in. He hasn’t done badly on that front so far.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:31:12 am by pib »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 18, 2019, 08:48:09 am by phil old leake »
Let’s be fair to the likes of Andrew.  If he has gone for more wages and there is a reasonable amount you can’t blame him.
The other thing about Andrew is he shouldn’t be that hard to replace with someone as good or better. That isn’t knocking him saying he wasn’t very good he was just no better or worse than many others in the league

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 18, 2019, 10:01:35 am by Dare to dream! »
What is happening with Rowe? There has been no official confirmation that he has left the club. Maybe we’ve offered him a better deal?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 18, 2019, 10:22:48 am by drfchound »
What is happening with Rowe? There has been no official confirmation that he has left the club. Maybe we’ve offered him a better deal?

Maybe his contract hasn't expired yet.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 18, 2019, 02:55:00 pm by South East Rover »

GM has failed to resign any of the good out of contract players ?

Fact. 

Joe Wright signs new contract

James Coppinger  signs new contract

Ian Lawlor  signs new contract

Matty Blair  signs new contract

Alfie May  signs new contract

With the possibility of losing Marquis and Whiteman shows GM has ripped up last years blueprint ?

Marquis and Whiteman still under contract so we would expect a good fea for them, if a player wants
to leave for whatever reason there's not much GM can do.

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 18, 2019, 03:16:00 pm by Ziggazaggarover »

GM has failed to resign any of the good out of contract players ?

Fact. 

Joe Wright signs new contract

James Coppinger  signs new contract

Ian Lawlor  signs new contract

Matty Blair  signs new contract

Alfie May  signs new contract

With the possibility of losing Marquis and Whiteman shows GM has ripped up last years blueprint ?

Marquis and Whiteman still under contract so we would expect a good fea for them, if a player wants
to leave for whatever reason there's not much GM can do.

Alfie may - not good enough why wouldn't he sign a new contract ?

Matty Blair - not good enough why wouldn't he sign a new deal at a tip league one club

Joe Wright nobody would touch him after a year out injured , would have been stupid to reject contract

Lawlor - debatable not the best goalkeeper but average league one

Coppinger always gonna sign a new deal last few years playing at 38 argually surprising he signed

In my opionin would have rather kept Rowe butler and marosi over Blair lawlor and may .marosi was on half of lawlors wage also

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 18, 2019, 03:23:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
People are overestimating the financial aspects, and underestimating the sheer knowledge and skill it takes to build a squad a capable players. The latter is the most worrying aspect.

We can't just blurt out the mantra 'in McCann we trust'. Maybe I'm getting long in the tooth- he did well last season true - but trust him after one year, not for me

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 18, 2019, 04:39:35 pm by keith79 »
Butler and Rowe both offered less money

Evidence.?

If you believe what GM is quoted on the DFP website as saying, we actually offered Andrew more money, but he (his agent probably) fannyed about too long to sign that GM pulled the plug.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 18, 2019, 06:14:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »
People are overestimating the financial aspects, and underestimating the sheer knowledge and skill it takes to build a squad a capable players. The latter is the most worrying aspect.

We can't just blurt out the mantra 'in McCann we trust'. Maybe I'm getting long in the tooth- he did well last season true - but trust him after one year, not for me
[/quote

So if you ‘don’t trust him after one year’, what do you want, a new manager?

He took over a squad of players deep into pre season last year & with a couple of savvy loaners took us further than we could have dreamt when he was appointed (me included). You don’t trust him for a 2nd season to equal or better what he’s achieved this season, why?

It’s not often I agree with GazLaz but on this occasion, come on CIM, give GM a chance to show he can bring in players that will have us once again (like Kane & Wilkes) getting our bums off our seats. Gotta be better than Fergies claim that Kinwomya would do likewise!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 18, 2019, 06:19:06 pm by IDM »
Butler and Rowe both offered less money

Evidence.?

Perhaps they are just sharing the wage budget more equitably.?

That’s what GM said in the DFP, but if you have evidence other than your opinion, like what all the other players and new players are being offered, please share that..

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 18, 2019, 09:15:37 pm by ravenrover »
OK all you posters talking about wages any of you want to give any actual figures to back up all your suppositions

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 18, 2019, 10:18:08 pm by Draytonian III »
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Well said , why should we know what the players earn ? Is everyone on here going to put on what they earn ? So who’s first ?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 18, 2019, 10:54:51 pm by keith79 »
11.23 per hour

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 19, 2019, 03:53:55 pm by jackthelad »
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Well said , why should we know what the players earn ? Is everyone on here going to put on what they earn ? So who’s first ?

I would have no objections to people knowing, 30k before tax.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 19, 2019, 04:11:51 pm by silent majority »

What do you do?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 19, 2019, 04:17:23 pm by jackthelad »

What do you do?

I'm a salesman.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 19, 2019, 04:20:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do think it should be a private thing and why should we know what footballers earn?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012