Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:58:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94160 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #1020 on September 25, 2020, 05:46:56 pm by wilts rover »
Hearing news that Gillingham are having to withdraw from the league because they will no be only playing international matches. Can anyone confirm if this is true...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1021 on September 25, 2020, 06:03:46 pm by Not Now Kato »
It's ood to see Sir Jim Ratcliffe, owner of Ineos, multi billionaire and staunch Brexiter has got his citizenship for Monaco. Nice place to be tax efficient. Sunny, conveniently located and very kind to rich people - I wonder why he applied instead of staying and supporting what he campaigned for?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #1022 on September 25, 2020, 06:45:16 pm by idler »
Supposedly he will save £4 billion a year in tax. He still has a fortune of about £175 billion.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1023 on September 25, 2020, 08:44:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It's ood to see Sir Jim Ratcliffe, owner of Ineos, multi billionaire and staunch Brexiter has got his citizenship for Monaco. Nice place to be tax efficient. Sunny, conveniently located and very kind to rich people - I wonder why he applied instead of staying and supporting what he campaigned for?

Well, Monaco isn't in the EU either...

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1024 on September 25, 2020, 08:49:52 pm by Not Now Kato »

Well, Monaco isn't in the EU either...

I didn't say it was Glyn, I simply asked "I wonder why he applied instead of staying and supporting what he campaigned for?".  After all, he was a major player in extolling the, (imaginary), benefits of leaving the EU!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1025 on September 30, 2020, 10:21:52 am by SydneyRover »
''Britain's car industry risks losing out even if there is a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU, according to documents seen by the BBC.

Car parts from Japan and Turkey used in the UK will not be treated as British, so some exports may see higher tariffs''

Not a windup but why would anyone think otherwise?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54345882

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1026 on October 01, 2020, 11:14:02 am by Not Now Kato »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1027 on October 01, 2020, 11:38:30 am by selby »
  Just made made easier for no deal kato, and what court is that going to be heard in, the one that has no jurisdiction over us.
  If we do walk away Kato will we be in the right to arrest all EU fishing boats in our waters under international law?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1028 on October 01, 2020, 12:05:30 pm by SydneyRover »
No deal, No brains, easy

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1029 on October 01, 2020, 12:05:45 pm by IDM »
Aren’t we under that jurisdiction until the end of this year.?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1030 on October 01, 2020, 03:10:03 pm by selby »
  Sydney no brains, The law would not be broken until the law was actioned, so how can anyone take anyone to court for breaking a law that at the moment and will not be actioned until a certain position was reached.
  How  can any court predict the future?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1031 on October 01, 2020, 05:50:29 pm by IDM »
But it’s ok to pass a law that might allow the government to break a law.??

Would you think a man is justified in joining a dating website, as a precaution should his marriage break down sometime in the future.? 

How would his wife react to that.?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1032 on October 01, 2020, 06:33:19 pm by wilts rover »
  Sydney no brains, The law would not be broken until the law was actioned, so how can anyone take anyone to court for breaking a law that at the moment and will not be actioned until a certain position was reached.
  How  can any court predict the future?

Best tell that to Brandon Lewis MP, Secretary of State for NI. Who said in a speech in the HofC that Parliament passing this Bill would be breaking international law.

So they don't need to do anything else. Just passing this Bill into an Act breaks the WA.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1033 on October 01, 2020, 08:07:39 pm by wilts rover »
More than 7500 finance jobs plus over £1 trillion in assests has already left the UK for the EU - with more set to follow as banks prepare for December 31st.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-banks/more-than-7500-finance-jobs-have-left-britain-for-europe-ey-brexit-tracker-idUSKBN26L3WU

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1034 on October 01, 2020, 08:39:36 pm by SydneyRover »
I'm surprised they haven't asked you to go with them selby to ensure they get it right.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1035 on October 01, 2020, 09:07:02 pm by drfchound »
They have someone else at the top of that hit list.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1036 on October 02, 2020, 03:31:19 pm by selby »
  What I do know is this takes our supposed breaking of EU laws on treaties to 37 pending cases, which puts us at the moment in tenth place behind 9 other EU members the worst offenders being Spain France Italy and Germany,
  Perhaps Syderney you would like to go over and spend some time trying to sort your cheating mates out.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1037 on October 02, 2020, 03:50:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  What I do know is this takes our supposed breaking of EU laws on treaties to 37 pending cases, which puts us at the moment in tenth place behind 9 other EU members the worst offenders being Spain France Italy and Germany,
  Perhaps Syderney you would like to go over and spend some time trying to sort your cheating mates out.

Where have you got that info from? Any chance of you actually answering this one for once?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1038 on October 02, 2020, 04:11:25 pm by selby »
  I thought you were the smart arse, try Euro News instead of the Guardian

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1039 on October 02, 2020, 04:39:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I've
  I thought you were the smart arse, try Euro News instead of the Guardian

I've already told you I don't read The Guardian. Smart Arse.

Can't find anything on Euro News either. I put 37 into the search and it came up with nothing about what you cliam. Going to elobarate or is it just going to be me not believing you as usual?

Mind you, it makes a change from some random bloke on the radio whose name you don't know.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:43:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1040 on October 02, 2020, 05:14:38 pm by selby »
  It's on there Glyn, part of a full article I read this morning.

wilts rover

• Forum Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1042 on October 02, 2020, 07:56:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
This one?

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/01/eu-brexit-infringement-case-what-is-it-and-should-the-uk-be-worried

Don't we currently have a long running case over Chinese shoe tariffs:

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmeuleg/301-iii/30115.htm

It can't be, it says nothing at all about any 'supposed breaking of EU laws on treaties' at all as selby claims.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1043 on October 06, 2020, 07:17:01 am by Donnywolf »
AND to change tack slightly - is EVERY f*****g thing going to change just so I can have a Blue Passport and Liar Johnson can make himself and the minions and Hedge Funder become miliionaires ?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/read-this/rules-taking-your-pet-europe-will-change-end-year-heres-what-owners-need-know-2978623?fbclid=IwAR3hXGE1Agotqz2PSUhLrzpCpiv5sfFqffOkp3eFMjnsZwLzzwG8ISz8udM

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1044 on October 06, 2020, 09:00:01 am by Not Now Kato »
AND to change tack slightly - is EVERY f*****g thing going to change just so I can have a Blue Passport and Liar Johnson can make himself and the minions and Hedge Funder become miliionaires ?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/read-this/rules-taking-your-pet-europe-will-change-end-year-heres-what-owners-need-know-2978623?fbclid=IwAR3hXGE1Agotqz2PSUhLrzpCpiv5sfFqffOkp3eFMjnsZwLzzwG8ISz8udM

Pretty much, yes. Of course, remainers knew this, and so apparently did leavers - well, they kept on telling us they knew what they were voting for!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1045 on October 06, 2020, 09:36:50 am by Donnywolf »
Well people maybe now cant get on a Ferry to Spain without being delayed

They cant take their Pets as easy as they could (and I am guessing it will cost much more)

Probably they soon cant take / use their EHIC Cards for cheaper medical costs if they fall ill whilst abroad as I reckon there will be no reciprocal agreement

So they will have to then use their own Travel insurance which (I am NOT guessing will be higher in price)

Nice !

Ive hypothesised a bit there but can anyone say thats NOT going to be about right and why ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1046 on October 16, 2020, 01:43:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How on earth is anyone supposed to negotiate with us over the Leave terms.

Johnson loudly announced last month that 15 Oct was the absolute deadline for finalising the terms.

Now that date has come without a deal.

And the talks just carry on as normal next week.

How is anyone supposed to pay any credence to anything he says?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1047 on October 16, 2020, 01:49:02 pm by Filo »
How on earth is anyone supposed to negotiate with us over the Leave terms.

Johnson loudly announced last month that 15 Oct was the absolute deadline for finalising the terms.

Now that date has come without a deal.

And the talks just carry on as normal next week.

How is anyone supposed to pay any credence to anything he says?
shhhh, no one has told him the date yet 😂😂😂

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1048 on October 16, 2020, 01:52:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh aye.

And he's been prattling today about us getting ready for Australian-type trade terms with the EU.

Now I KNOW he treats people who support him with total contempt because he lies to them regularly and they still support him. But this one takes the biscuit. He is clearly assuming that his supporters are too thick to realise that Australia doesn't have trading terms with the EU. It's a phrase designed to hide the reality - we are careering into the disastrous No Deal that we were promised in 2016 was just a phantom from Project Fear.

Everyone still happy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1049 on October 16, 2020, 01:55:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This Australia deal that we are going to get. It's identical to the deal North Korea has with Papua New Guinea.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012