Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:10:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 1917 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on April 22, 2024, 07:22:45 am by philsky »
Just a word for the guy.

Legs dont drive him like they used to. Full of heart mind.

Quietly goes about his business; no fuss, and made of steel.

That left foot is still a wand  ---  what a cross, first time, no pressure (much) and on the money.

Midfield dynamo. Take a bow, Tommy Rowe.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:29:01 am by philsky »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2024, 08:22:53 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Gave him an extra clap during the players walk round at the end and shouted that I loved him.

Think it’s quite apparent now he won’t be getting a new deal and he’s still putting his b*llocks into it. Proper pro.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2024, 08:27:45 am by mushRTID »
Gave him an extra clap during the players walk round at the end and shouted that I loved him.

Think it’s quite apparent now he won’t be getting a new deal and he’s still putting his b*llocks into it. Proper pro.

He posted a pic on the pitch with his family, with a note 'special memories' or something like that.

A real top guy and its a shame if he is to be leaving we wont know about it until afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:05:34 am by mushRTID »

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2024, 08:36:43 am by Ian Nimmo »
Totally agree with these posts, he’s still a quality player and a great guy to have at the club. He certainly doesn’t deserve some of the comments which have been made on this forum over the last few months.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2024, 09:24:45 am by Silkscarf »
Most of the squad have had negativity from the fans at some point this season. Sometimes justified. Whatever happens Tommy Rowe has been a tremendous player for us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him still here in August. As we saw in the dire season where he played everywhere but goalie and striker he’s a handy player to have, if only for cover for parts of games and the occasional 90 minutes. It depends what we’ve got to spend on the squad in the summer.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2024, 09:29:59 am by philsky »

I've watched the Biggo clip lots of times and cant see Tommy in the celebrations

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2024, 09:38:30 am by pib »

I've watched the Biggo clip lots of times and cant see Tommy in the celebrations

He's on this one, with a low-key celebration in front of the East Stand: https://twitter.com/NoContextRovers/status/1782038497131364602

He's never seemed like one to go big on goal celebrations tbf.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2024, 09:44:51 am by philsky »

He's on this one, with a low-key celebration in front of the East Stand: https://twitter.com/NoContextRovers/status/1782038497131364602

He's never seemed like one to go big on goal celebrations tbf.

I'm happy now !

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2024, 09:59:10 am by StocksArmy »
If all subs deserve a post of their own I think Biggins completely flipped the game on its head. He has took a real bashing from supporters this season at times.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2024, 10:05:55 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

He posted a pic on the pitch with his family, with not note 'special memories' or something like that.

A real top guy and its a shame if he is to be leaving we wont know about it until afterwards.

Have you got a link to that post, Mush? Had a look on Insta & Twitter and can’t see it!

Cheers.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2024, 10:09:40 am by roversdude »
Biggo seemed a bit solemn after the game it’s gone quiet on contract talk

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2024, 10:13:16 am by ChrisBx »

We've got another 5 games to concentrate on first  ;)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2024, 10:16:23 am by mushRTID »

He posted a pic on the pitch with his family, with not note 'special memories' or something like that.

Have you got a link to that post, Mush? Had a look on Insta & Twitter and can’t see it!

Cheers.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2024, 10:41:33 am by acacia94 »
That thundering blitz of a goal at Charlton in PO's.....!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2024, 10:52:27 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

Cheers.

Great photo. Thank you!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2024, 02:00:48 pm by Prez »

Been rumoured for a while that he will be leaving at the end of the season, and with respect, you can’t see him holding the club to ransom over a new deal. That said if he does go he might count himself unlucky as he’s been good of late.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2024, 02:09:15 pm by Draytonian III »
Rumour I heard at the  Wrexham game is that Harrison Biggins has turned down a 2 deal, but is only rumours

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2024, 02:19:30 pm by selby »
  I have been told Tommy is taking his managers papers thinking of the future, I hope and think he could be a big success with his attitude and commitment to the game.
  He has always looked to be in top nick fitness wise, and has been a flexible player in the sense of being able to fit different styles of play and positions. Also he is a great guy and committed family man, all the traits you need to be a success at anything you want to do in life.
  He will do well after his playing days are over, and no doubt will crop up for us to follow his progress as he is one of those people who deserve to do well in the game.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2024, 05:45:03 pm by adamtherover »

he jogs back on his own to half way line and takes no part in the celebration, which is slightly strange?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2024, 06:54:14 pm by GazLaz »
Rowe has been a great servant but he won’t be here next week will he. Him and Biggins leaving certainly won’t do any harm. Allows Grant to bring in better. 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2024, 07:03:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Next week?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2024, 10:46:12 pm by rich1471 »
Biggins of late has played well and gives us pace from midfield, but I'm sure if he has turned down a contract it was as a squad player and not starting 11 , sure grant will have people lined up as well to come in on the summer ,just depends what league we are in

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2024, 10:52:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Maybe that’s got something to do with Biggins uptick in performance. Get offered a contract as a squad play only might have given him the kick he needed.

The team as a whole playing better probably has more to do with it though

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2024, 11:06:29 pm by IDM »
Aren’t they all “squad players”.?

Even our best players can have off spells, and shouldn’t be immune from being left out..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012