Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:07:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Victory on Wednesday ticket prices!  (Read 11867 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Victory on Wednesday ticket prices!
« on February 12, 2010, 10:47:23 am by RobTheRover »
I've just spoken to the ticket office, and the prices are being reduced for the Wednesday game in line with what Scunthorpe fans paid.

Details will follow on the OS for those who bought at the original prices.

Good news and well done to everyone who put pressure on Wednesday.  If you havent got your ticket for the match yet, get them snapped up!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re:Victory on Wednesday ticket prices!
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2010, 10:48:57 am by Superspy »
if this is right, GOOD EFFORT, im off to get my tickets this afternoon :D

edit: ah, just seen on the OS the new prices are already there, RESULT! :D

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2010, 10:51:14 am by Filo »
So Wednesday are more or less admitting they tried to Rob us? It makes you wonder how many times they`ve got away with it with other teams that haven`t kicked up a fuss, I`m sure that Walkley Owl will give us an explanation  :)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2010, 10:51:37 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
Sheffield Wednesday have ammended the ticket price for the game at Hillsborough on Tuesday 16th. Refunds will be made at the Rovers Ticket office on the difference.New Ticket Prices Adult - £18 Under 18 - £8 Student - £8 Senior - £8 Ambulant Disabled - Appropriate Price Note: Wheelchair Disabled £10 pair - No change on this

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2010, 11:14:42 am by Walkley_owl »
Fair play, you got the reduced prices, I just hope our fans are as vociferous next time we get robbed by other other clubs (not yourselves) cannot see how we have \"gotten away\" with it previously if this is the case and if we have then some in our ticket office wants sacking

Keith Myath

« Reply #5 on February 12, 2010, 11:23:20 am by Keith Myath »
Shamefull, i think the FA should investigate this, how many times has this happend without people knowing. Another reason why i detest that chuffin' club.

Im sure i paid £25 last season and i was lucky enough to be behind 2 friggin' posts n'all.

Well done to all those involved in getting this disgracefull decision overturned.

Keith Myath

« Reply #6 on February 12, 2010, 11:27:36 am by Keith Myath »
Walkley_owl wrote:
if this is the case and if we have then some in our ticket office wants sacking

I doubt the real culprit behind all this (i.e. Lee Strafford) works in the ticket office though mate

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2010, 11:29:40 am by Walkley_owl »
It wasn't £25 last season Keith, the new pricing came this season.

We aren't the only club doing this by the way so check out others before buying hopefully you may make a difference to other clubs

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2010, 11:36:06 am by Barmby Rover »
Well done everybody associated with this one, clubs like Wednesday should learn that they do not have the divine right to rip off football fans. QPR are the next target for the whole division I reckon, I can't see how they can justify their ticket prices. Mind you they rip off their own fans too.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2010, 11:36:14 am by MrFrost »
I'm sure there are more clubs doing it throughout the league's and it is about time someone did something about it. Glad Wednesday have seen sesne though. Will they revert back to their other structure after this game though?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2010, 11:58:10 am by Filo »
Walkley_owl wrote:
Fair play, you got the reduced prices, I just hope our fans are as vociferous next time we get robbed by other other clubs (not yourselves) cannot see how we have \"gotten away\" with it previously if this is the case and if we have then some in our ticket office wants sacking

Didn`t expect that comment  :)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2010, 12:02:29 pm by Barmby Rover »
Fair play to Walkley, he admits the club was wrong. I don't think he could admit anything else. Well done to Scunthorpe fans too, they have fought the fight before us. The thing to do is to make sure this information is passed on to other club's fans.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2010, 12:04:36 pm by silent majority »
MrFrost wrote:
I'm sure there are more clubs doing it throughout the league's and it is about time someone did something about it. Glad Wednesday have seen sesne though. Will they revert back to their other structure after this game though?

But people are doing something about it, what are you doing? Have you actually joined the FSF and given us your support? The more people who join the bigger our voice becomes.

Although the petition has closed the campaign goes on;

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/ticketprices.php

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2010, 12:13:11 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
MrFrost wrote:
Glad Wednesday have seen sesne though. Will they revert back to their other structure after this game though?

I emailed the Football League last week about the pricing of the game and got a reply today.

FL: We have investigated this matter and as a result of our findings, Sheffield Wednesday have reduced their pricing for away supporters for Tuesday’s game.

I think it was a case of the FL reminding SWFC of the rules regarding pricing, rather than SWFC 'seeing sense'.

I wrote back just now and asked if Wednesday had 'been advised about their future ticketing policy as a result of this, and other recent misunderstandings'?  ;)

I will let you know if/when they reply.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2010, 12:19:30 pm by MrFrost »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
Glad Wednesday have seen sesne though. Will they revert back to their other structure after this game though?

I emailed the Football League last week about the pricing of the game and got a reply today.

FL: We have investigated this matter and as a result of our findings, Sheffield Wednesday have reduced their pricing for away supporters for Tuesday’s game.

I think it was a case of the FL reminding SWFC of the rules regarding pricing, rather than SWFC 'seeing sense'.

I wrote back just now and asked if Wednesday had 'been advised about their future ticketing policy as a result of this, and other recent misunderstandings'?  ;)

Thats good then. It might send a message out to other clubs who are doing the same.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2010, 12:21:59 pm by Filo »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Looks like they`ve had their hands slapped  :laugh:

Maybe a suspended fine would have been in order to stop them doing this again

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2010, 12:22:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Good work, Ernie.  I also know a number of other supporters have directly engaged Sheffield Wednesday and the FL over this, so a \"weight of numbers\" approach does work.

I've just mentioned it to the Barnsley fans at work and they are going to make a retrospective claim against Wednesday for £6 each as they now think they have been unfairly treated!   :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2010, 12:25:49 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:

I've just mentioned it to the Barnsley fans at work and they are going to make a retrospective claim against Wednesday for £6 each as they now think they have been unfairly treated!   :laugh:

The extra £6 they were charged was to help with the cost of fumigating the place after their visit  :laugh:

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 12, 2010, 12:26:09 pm by thornerover94 »
this is great news we were definetly being robbed at £24 to sit in that run down ground £18 is still steep for the state of it but well done to all who complained lets hope we can get victory on pitch aswell now, n hopefully a few more fans will snap em up at the new price

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2010, 12:26:33 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
RobTheRover wrote:

Brilliant.  :laugh:

Aren't you tempted to fire off a mail to Carol Axe, Head of Customer Operations, asking for her comments?   :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2010, 12:29:53 pm by Filo »
Snods Shinpad wrote:

Brilliant.  :laugh:

Aren't you tempted to fire off a mail to Carol Axe, Head of Customer Operations, asking for her comments?   :laugh:

Aye, go on Rob, rub it in  :laugh:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2010, 12:32:41 pm by RobTheRover »
I like to think we can be magnanimous in our victory.

Oh, go on then....!  ;-)

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2010, 12:51:11 pm by Walkley_owl »
Thornerover, shut up whinging. £24.50 at Blackpool

Barnsley have no complaints, it was the opening day of the season and a Category A game and was before the price changes.

It's weird how the FL have sided with you on this one but according to someone in our place they wouldn't with us over the same issue with Sheff Sue

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2010, 12:55:09 pm by Filo »
Walkley_owl wrote:

Barnsley have no complaints, it was the opening day of the season and a Category A game and was before the price changes.

It's weird how the FL have sided with you on this one but according to someone in our place they wouldn't with us over the same issue with Sheff Sue

Go on Walkley, you know you want to, go get yourself a Red and White hooped shirt, you spend as much time on here as our fans, ditch the losers in S6 and join the red and white steamroller!  :P

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 12, 2010, 12:58:44 pm by Walkley_owl »
Filo wrote:
Walkley_owl wrote:

Go on Walkley, you know you want to, go get yourself a Red and White hooped shirt, you spend as much time on here as our fans, ditch the losers in S6 and join the red and white steamroller!  :P

Nah you're alreyt, although if you beat us Tuesday I may change my mind, set up for an interesting game IMHO depending on your result against Forest we could go above you albeit with you having a game in hand

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 12, 2010, 01:02:15 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
Ignoring the fact SWFC have charged too much for tickets. DRFC should be ashamed at how much they are charging for home games. Just had a quick look to see how much there charging CPFC to come to the Keepmoat - £17! FOR 12 - 16 YEARS! £23 for Adults!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 12, 2010, 01:18:57 pm by Filo »
Walkley_owl wrote:
if you beat us Tuesday I may change my mind

we`ll leave the door open on Tuesday then, I know you`ll be back if you win, but I doubt you`ll be back if you lose  :)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 12, 2010, 01:22:26 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Filo wrote:
, but I doubt you`ll be back if you lose again :)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 12, 2010, 01:29:43 pm by MrFrost »
Yorkshire Lad wrote:
Ignoring the fact SWFC have charged too much for tickets. DRFC should be ashamed at how much they are charging for home games. Just had a quick look to see how much there charging CPFC to come to the Keepmoat - £17! FOR 12 - 16 YEARS! £23 for Adults!

Its not just CPFC who have to pay that, DRFC fans have to pay that every game!

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 12, 2010, 01:45:38 pm by Walkley_owl »
I'll be around if ya beat us

TinyPortal © 2005-2012