Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:34:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Invisible Men  (Read 3992 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
The Invisible Men
« on February 16, 2010, 02:30:40 am by VivaRovers »
Given the general feelings towards The Football League Show from this messageboard of late this article might be of interest to a few folk on here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re:The Invisible Men
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2010, 06:45:46 am by roversdude »
Never a truer word spoken, excellent piece of writing

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2010, 07:35:47 am by gillinghamrover »
An excellent article.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2010, 08:28:00 am by thornerover94 »
great piece of writing, but will it change the views of any reporters at our next game?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2010, 09:06:10 am by CusworthRovers »
and the team were not even spoken of during Manish Bhasin and Steve Claridge’s post-match chin-wag. For a broadcaster which prides itself on balanced reporting, it was frankly a disappointment.

That's the exact reason I wrote in.

Great write up, great picture and you're great too.

Are you married?  :kiss:

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2010, 10:21:56 am by CottyRover »
A good balanced assessment of what is going on. It's infuriating for us as fans, and it must be even more infuriating for the players and the management team who produce the wonderful football we are being treated to. It would be good for this article to be more widely circulated, but ultimately I guess we and supporters of other unglamourous and \"invisible\" clubs are going to have to accept this as a fact of life and get over it. I just wonder how much better our gates might be if Rovers were being reported on merit rather than on not being Newcastle United?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2010, 11:27:23 am by VivaRovers »
Cheers fellas...

...for some reason the opening paragraph of this article disappeared during the morning, but its back again now, so will hopefully read even better.

Oh and in response to Cussie's reply... form an orderly queue ladies.

muzzle

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2010, 11:35:12 am by muzzle »
He's not that great you know - he keeps nicking my son's seat at the Keepmoat instead of finding one of his own.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2010, 11:43:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Calls it spot on.  The media are a joke, but don't we like it that way?  Maybe an idea for a banner, Rovers - The Invisible Men.  Or is that too Man City?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2010, 11:51:05 am by 5minstogo »
I know it has always been the case but until we hit the Championship there is very little interest in most teams.  (Leeds excepted)

Could it be that SOD isn't exactly forthcoming with interviews? Or that he doesn't get involved in the latest controversy (a la Colin w**ker)

How come Sky Sports are always at Roy Keane's weekly press conference whereas we get Seth Bennett and a dodgy microphone?

Again not that I'm complaining, whilst we are under the radar we stand less chance of SOD, Stocky and the others being pinched with the promise of fat wallets and bright lights.

Its the local media that really need to be pushing us, Radio Sheffield can only do so much.  Sine fm are doing their bit but Trax, Sheffield Star and the Free Press need to do more to push the profile of the club - obviously in conjunction with the Media Team.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2010, 12:00:42 pm by Old Popsider »
An excellent article, well written.

I think that it should somehow find it's way to the FA's media department, the FL's media department, the BBC Sports department and as many national newspapers sports editors desks as possible. Somewhere along the line, someone somewhere might just sit up and take notice and get us some decent unbiased coverage.

Mind you, that could be a double-edged sword. Under the present relative anonimity any on or off field related incidents remain relatively unkown to the public generally, but under the media spotlight such circumstances could show us in a completely unwanted and different light.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2010, 12:42:48 pm by NigelJ »
An excellent article Glen.

Another anecdote for you from last night. As many of you know, I live in Nottingham. I was out last night and a friend of mine brought up the subject of last weekend's game. He is not particularly into football, but, if pressed, will state that his favourite team is Wolves. Anyway, he said, without any prompting from me or the Forest fans present, the following:

'I see Doncaster won against Forest at the weekend. Although, I read the BBC report, and noticed that they hardly mentioned who it was that Forest had lost to'

This sums up the situation perfectly. Even a neutral can spot that the coverage was about Forest losing, not Doncaster winning.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 16, 2010, 01:10:42 pm by Old Popsider »
NigelJ wrote:

Attention journos - re Rovers coverage -

Tumbleweed alert!!!!!!!     :huh: :whistle:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2010, 12:32:14 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Tonights offering!  :blink: