Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:19:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cheeky  (Read 2556 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Cheeky
« on February 17, 2010, 09:36:49 am by Sprotyrover »
Did anybody else think our players were a bit disrespectful to such a massive club by taking the piss out of their team before we'd even scored :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LongbridgeMGRover

Re:Cheeky
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2010, 10:51:29 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
i thought it was wonderful last night. drove up with the family from Solihull to see the lads outperform another 'big club' on their own ground.

when i was a lad in the 70s, Wednesday were big and their stadium was one of the great 'cathedrals' of the English game.
truly sad events followed and the whole game and culture has moved on.

Hillsborough to me last night was big, cold, fading in its former glory, and quite unwelcoming- rather like my mother-in-law.

so nice to see the Rovers knocking it about and being clever- clearly this is about self confidence. The chants of 'we're just too good for you', and that goal were so good for those who went through the hard times.

its going to be a struggle next season though. but the payment and TV money we get for being in the Premier League will allow us to buy the stadium outright, add another 5,000 seats and put us on a sound footing for the next decade.

and if Ken Richardson and Maggie Thatcher were to sadly go to a hot fiery place we really would have heaven on earth. til then i'll just enjoy the good times!!!!!!!!!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2010, 02:05:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Post of the week!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2010, 03:59:50 pm by danumdon »
and if Ken Richardson and Maggie Thatcher were to sadly go to a hot fiery place we really would have heaven on earth. til then i'll just enjoy the good times!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Nothing \"sadly\" about any news of the demise of these two.

Of the two i'm just about leaning towards favouring the halfwit from Beverley over the witch from Grantham for early demise, gnats cock in it though !

Both would be about as welcome in Doncaster as a family reunion of inbreeds from Barnsley!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012