Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:23:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scunthorpe  (Read 3559 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Scunthorpe
« on September 28, 2014, 10:59:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Lost more at home than us this season and have worse goal difference at home, having conceded more at home than us and scoring same piss poor five goals (average of one goal a game at home).

In our last twenty league meetings we have only lost twice to them and one of those was in the 97/98 season (and even then only by one goal). We have won our last five games against them in a row. Last time we lost to them was over eight years ago, a few weeks after SOD was appointed.

What can Mr Dickov pull off for us at Glandford Park?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Scunthorpe
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2014, 11:52:58 pm by RedJ »
If we lose here he has to go.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2014, 12:10:16 am by eastender »
Watch out for the right winger Adelukan,lightening quick,strong as an ox,with an eye for goal.

No problem we've got Cedric to take care of him.  :pinch:

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2014, 04:37:22 pm by esdailles left foot »
If we lose here he has to go.

As I told you 6 weeks ago!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2014, 09:43:50 pm by glosterred »
Officials for the game are

Scunthorpe United v Doncaster Rovers
SEBASTIAN STOCKBRIDGE
Danny Gratton and Alf Greenwood
Fourth Official James Mainwaring

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Appointments/0,,10794~4181689,00.html

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2014, 11:39:20 pm by BobG »
I got this horrible feeling we're going to get stuffed.

Still, that should see us win by at least 3 shouldn't it?

BobG

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2014, 10:20:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
I have a feeling we'll win at Scunny, which will again 'muddy the waters' regarding PD's tenureship. But I'd take a win if Weaver was in charge. A win is a win for my team.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2014, 10:23:37 am by mrfrostsdad »
To me, he seems to be able to conjure up a win when he's desperate for one, ie when his job is in danger, a la Chesterfield. So, no doubts we'll win on Saturday then lose 2, then win one, then lose............ zzzzzzzzzzzzz :-)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2014, 11:50:43 am by dickos1 »
His job wasn't and certainly shouldn't have been in danger before Chesterfield.
We'd played 7 games and won 2 drawn 2 lost 3.
Form that we were all expecting before the season started

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2014, 11:54:35 am by DRNaith »
They've recently signed Rory Fallon, who I met in August. He scored on his debut with them on Saturday.

He's not going to be mega-prolific but he's in good condition and hungry for goals.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2014, 12:10:56 pm by RobTheRover »
His job wasn't and certainly shouldn't have been in danger before Chesterfield.
We'd played 7 games and won 2 drawn 2 lost 3.
Form that we were all expecting before the season started

Agreed Dickos.  I think the abject performance got folks more angry than the result at Walsall.  hopefully a few have calmed down now.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2014, 03:29:20 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Both the abject performance AND result. And I don't think most people have calmed down. I believe his job should have been on the line for the Chesterfield game. We'd been shocking at home to Port Vale, Crawley and whoever else we'd lost to (escapes me for the moment) and just got hammered at Bristol. Added to him single handedly getting us relegated last season, I think he job was under threat, or if not should have been

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2014, 04:06:00 pm by bpoolrover »
Mr frost did pd plAy and not the players last season do they shoulder none of the blame?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2014, 04:16:00 pm by roversam »
Thats irrelevant, the manager gets all the praise when his team does well and he gets all the blame when they're shite, simples.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2014, 05:53:53 pm by dickos1 »
Single handedly got us relegated??
Now your just being daft.
None of us thought we had a prayer of staying up and the fact in the end that we should have should at least enable even a little bit of credit to Dickov.
No managers job should be under threat after 7 games of a season. And that's the problem with football supporters today

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2014, 06:25:16 pm by pib »
None of us thought we had a prayer of staying up and the fact in the end that we should have should at least enable even a little bit of credit to Dickov.
No managers job should be under threat after 7 games of a season. And that's the problem with football supporters today

Didn't we?  :huh:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2014, 06:38:41 pm by Wellred »
Of course he isn't under any threat of getting sacked. That would cost money and who would we get as a new Manager?
Who is going to come to a club with no ambition and no money to spend on new players.
Just accept it and get on with supporting him cos nowt's gonna change.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2014, 06:49:24 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I tend to agree with you Wellred.
I honestly don't think he will get the sack even if we get beat 3 or 4 nil on Saturday. Should he? Personally I think he should.
It's my humble opinion he should have been sacked after the Stevenage debacle last season.
We've been beaten this season by teams who haven't been able to buy a win until they played us, and I honestly believe he was responsible for our relegation last season by going for ridiculously improbable wins when a draw would have kept us up.

But that's only my opinion, and I wouldn't argue too much with anyone who doesn't agree

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2014, 07:17:00 pm by Wellred »
I tend to agree with you Wellred.
I honestly don't think he will get the sack even if we get beat 3 or 4 nil on Saturday. Should he? Personally I think he should.
It's my humble opinion he should have been sacked after the Stevenage debacle last season.
We've been beaten this season by teams who haven't been able to buy a win until they played us, and I honestly believe he was responsible for our relegation last season by going for ridiculously improbable wins when a draw would have kept us up.

But that's only my opinion, and I wouldn't argue too much with anyone who doesn't agree

I am sure our opinions don't matter a jot. It's the men who hold the purse strings that will decide. Don't hold your breath though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2014, 07:32:12 pm by dickos1 »

Didn't we?  :huh:

Have a look at this forum from July 2013,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012