Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:54:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game  (Read 2384 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« on March 05, 2024, 10:43:05 pm by selby »
  Lying fifth in the division and coming away from Notts County 3-1 winners in their last away game Crewe will be looking to get back on track against us after a somewhat shock home defeat against Morecambe last weekend giving away a two goal lead to lose the game 2-3.
  Unusually they have scored a lot of goals 64 in total 31 away from home and have no named player in the top 18 top scorers in the division the second top scorers in away games to Mansfield, so they must have goals all over the park, something to be aware of.
  With no mid week game and us once again involved in a mud bath energy sapping game they could have a slight advantage, but the main thing we need to drum into Sterry is play the ball not the man, as for not the first time he defended poorly for Bradford's goal.
  We showed however a far more combative attitude than at Walsall but like Crewe will carry into this game a feeling of we had three points in the bag and threw it away, so both sides will be looking for and need a result.
  One on one Sterry has been found wanting defensively more than once this season taking his eye off the ball and playing the man, apart from that it is hard to criticize the performance at Bradford in those conditions, and at times showed some good passing movements in poor conditions, a far cry from earlier in the season, so any changes would be harsh given the doggedness the team showed in the game apart from any injuries, but please Sterry keep your eye on the ball. 
  Crewe have adapted far better to the division this season than we have and their last six games have them up there in the top six in the form league over the last six games winning 3 drawing 2 and losing at home to Morecambe last Saturday, so not Easy but it would be nice to add another loss to the list.
   Lots to discuss as our quest to put distance between us and the bottom places carries on, and hopefully a decent end to the season which is all we can hope for now.
   Can we stop their hopes of automatic promotion?
   Have we turned a little corner?
   Are you more at ease with our situation?
   They are up there in a position in the division we have struggled to get results against  in and around there this season, mainly beating the lower placed sides, can we put one over Crewe?
   Are you one who gave up on the club a short while ago?
   If so, have you changed your attitude and are happier with the way things are now going?
   Lots to discuss, hopefully better things ahead, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2024, 11:10:06 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I thoroughly expect us to win on Saturday in fact, I expect us to win our next four games starting against Crewe.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2024, 11:43:29 pm by selby »
   OH GOD, you've done it now Colin, hope your right though.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2024, 12:09:49 am by Dabbermoo »
Crewe is going to be a very tough game imo.
This season has on the whole been a dissapointment in regards to league position, injuries, performances however these last 6 games have shown that the team is together in the pursuit of better performances, climb the table and get a feel good factor going between the players, staff and fans.
I was worried around Christmas that the whole atmosphere had turned very toxic, performances were very worrying and the same old moronic fans in the south stand found there voice and remembered the same old moronic chants of sack the board etc, the usual drivel of sh*t they spout when throwing there toys out of their pram.
However 3 exceptional Jan arrivals all straight into the first 11 have helped massively in the turnaround in performances and league position, Hakeeb easily POM for Feb, if not he has been robbed of the award.
11 games left, 33 points to play for, imo we can achieve 20 points from these games and achieve a respectable league position considering where we was at Christmas and with relegation creeping up on us. Next season will be a massive season of change players wise and I can't wait for August to come around and be back at the Keepmoat and enjoy what the season brings us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2024, 04:59:56 am by Chris Black come back »
Crewe have a very good away record in the league. Only one side (Mansfield) has lost fewer away and only one side (Mansfield) has scored more away. They are on a six game unbeaten run away from home in the league.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2024, 09:03:05 am by Jonathan »
Crewe have a very good away record in the league. Only one side (Mansfield) has lost fewer away and only one side (Mansfield) has scored more away. They are on a six game unbeaten run away from home in the league.

What a shame for them that the 6 game unbeaten away run came crashing to an end this coming Saturday.

I feel we can compete now and we should go into this one confident.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:16:01 am by Jonathan »

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2024, 10:23:38 am by ForsolongaRover »
In the last four seasons we’ve only won once and yet I seem to remember, taking account of each team’s form, we were justified in expecting better than we got. Perhaps we might have been over-confident in those games. No chance of that now. 

The concentration levels have been good in general more recently, and perhaps it will be Crewe who might be more inclined to take things for granted.

Perhaps the degree of intensity that we can apply will be decisive one way or the other. A win will be a very worthy achievement, but perhaps it is 2 points beyond more sober expectations.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2024, 10:31:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It should be a great game this against a clearly good side.  Good test for us at home to see just where we're at right now.  A point's a decent result here, a win excellent.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2024, 12:27:12 pm by normal rules »
Level pegging with Crewe in last 6 played. Rovers have scored more goals though, albeit that is slightly skewed with the goals at BP.
Home win for me . Adelakun Back on the scoresheet and assisting .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2024, 12:33:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe to get a win we will have to score more than one goal. From last nights stats BBC we had 13 shots but only 5 on target with just one goal. We needed to be more clinical and will have to be on Saturday.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 06, 2024, 03:09:23 pm by Barmby Rover »
The last game I attended was the home to Morecombe on 16th December, 0 - 5. I am coming to the Crewe game, there has been drastic changes in how the team performs and how it is set up, I just hope that I am not going to be as disappointed this time round.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 06, 2024, 05:28:28 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Level pegging with Crewe in last 6 played. Rovers have scored more goals though, albeit that is slightly skewed with the goals at BP.

Could my stats be wrong? In the last 6 we have won 1 to Crewe’s 2 and have scored 6 to their 8. In the 2 earlier games (in 20/21) Crewe won them both, scoring 3 to our 1.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 06, 2024, 05:31:26 pm by scawsby steve »
One poster has predicted winning the next 4 games on the bounce. I sincerely hope he's right.

However, I suspect it's a very long time since we last achieved that. One for the stattos?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 06, 2024, 07:07:04 pm by ForsolongaRover »

Could my stats be wrong? In the last 6 we have won 1 to Crewe’s 2 and have scored 6 to their 8. In the 2 earlier games (in 20/21) Crewe won them both, scoring 3 to our 1.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 06, 2024, 07:16:49 pm by ForsolongaRover »

Sorry i think we are at cross purposes NR - just realised you are quoting recent form whereas I’m on head to head!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 06, 2024, 07:56:43 pm by NickDRFC »
One poster has predicted winning the next 4 games on the bounce. I sincerely hope he's right.

However, I suspect it's a very long time since we last achieved that. One for the stattos?

It’s a stretch but if you include the EFL trophy shoot out win against Newcastle then McSheffrey managed it early last year (preceded by wins against Stockport, Salford & Northampton).

Otherwise you’re looking at Moore’s Rovers - 5 in a row in January/February 2021. We actually had 9 in 10 as part of that run before losing 3 in a row/4 out of 5 before Moore went to Wednesday.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 06, 2024, 08:24:28 pm by scawsby steve »

It’s a stretch but if you include the EFL trophy shoot out win against Newcastle then McSheffrey managed it early last year (preceded by wins against Stockport, Salford & Northampton).

Otherwise you’re looking at Moore’s Rovers - 5 in a row in January/February 2021. We actually had 9 in 10 as part of that run before losing 3 in a row/4 out of 5 before Moore went to Wednesday.

Thanks, Nick. I did actually mean league games, so I'll go with the Moore run, 3 years ago. Not as long as I thought.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 06, 2024, 11:09:46 pm by Colin C No.3 »

That’ll be me ss.

I’ve studied all the data.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 07, 2024, 12:11:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm in a right tangle on Satdi.

I had a tenner on Crewe at 80/1 to win the title.

They won't, but if they win the next two or three, there'll be a decent cash out.

The odds at the top are barmy. Wrexham are two points above Crewe and have a tougher run in. They are 4/1.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2024, 09:51:42 am by selby »
  With players coming back from injury our squad strength looks a lot better than the period before Christmas.
   We need a good finish to the season as just the few results lately have shown the difference on here in the enthusiasm of the supporters who only want us to do well, but were being massively discouraged and let down over a long period of a downward spiral of the club at all levels.
   Coinciding with Mr Bramall taking a closer interest in the club things have looked up, the manager seems to have a more consistent approach in team selection aided by less injuries and we are slowly getting our identity back as a club both on and off the field of play.
  Things that were not quite right in the background, and a lot of work  must have gone on over a short time to show the improvement some visual some not, but winning games is still the priority to success of a football club and this game is all important and every game to the end of the season, we need a win tomorrow.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2024, 11:03:17 am by ForsolongaRover »
  With players coming back from injury our squad strength looks a lot better than the period before Christmas.
   We need a good finish to the season as just the few results lately have shown the difference on here in the enthusiasm of the supporters who only want us to do well, but were being massively discouraged and let down over a long period of a downward spiral of the club at all levels.
   Coinciding with Mr Bramall taking a closer interest in the club things have looked up, the manager seems to have a more consistent approach in team selection aided by less injuries and we are slowly getting our identity back as a club both on and off the field of play.
  Things that were not quite right in the background, and a lot of work  must have gone on over a short time to show the improvement some visual some not, but winning games is still the priority to success of a football club and this game is all important and every game to the end of the season, we need a win tomorrow.

I think you are right about the TB factor. Credit is due there.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 09, 2024, 02:07:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Same starting line up and same bench as Tuesday night. Cannot be too many times that has happened recently.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 09, 2024, 05:05:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
Great win.

welloffside

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 09, 2024, 05:17:30 pm by welloffside »

Alan S.        No, a VERY good win

What with Forest Green and Sutton picking up points I think Grimsby & Colchester must be looking over their shoulders.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 09, 2024, 05:25:32 pm by Michael Shaw »
After that performance I can see plenty more  wins coming our way. Just hope the two injuries aren't bad ones.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 09, 2024, 05:33:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
We were excellent today. Especially at the back, which was heavily disrupted with Sterry and Maxwell going off but was absolutely solid throughout. The new striker lad was very impressive.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 09, 2024, 05:34:07 pm by ncRover »
Ironside had ice strapped to his calf and was hobbling. Hopefully just a knock but thankfully Biamou looked terrific.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 09, 2024, 05:34:34 pm by Avsuptem »
MMMOTM

Molly my man of the match. He ran rings round them. So much skill.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 09, 2024, 05:37:34 pm by NickDRFC »
How did we reshape after half time? Olowu at RB & Rowe at LB, or 3 centre halves?

Was Craig an injury as well or tactical?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 09, 2024, 05:45:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Olowu right back. He did well. Rowe left back.

Craig and Ironside, McCann says doesn’t think either are serious.

Home crowd seems to be ticking up. Over 6000 home fans today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012