Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:32:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fog Lights  (Read 2912 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Fog Lights
« on February 12, 2011, 01:21:28 pm by MrFrost »
Can someone please explain to me why people drive with their front fog lights on when it isn't foggy?

Some of you on here must do it as nearly every other fcucking car has them on these days.

Really pisses me off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

I-was-there1976

Re:Fog Lights
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2011, 03:02:06 pm by I-was-there1976 »
yeah me too

and those people who start work at 9am and finish at 5pm, clogging all the roads up

and those people who dont indicate

and those people who turn up at football games 5 minutes late and you have to stand up to let them past and then they go to the bog every 20 minutes and then leave early. Pesky buggers

and those people ive just seen 20 minutes walking time from the Keepmoat when its 2.50pm

and those roadworks

and those ah f**k em

live and let live

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2011, 12:15:04 pm by Mike_F »
The front fog brigade really get my goat too. Live and let live, ok. Live and let misguided selfish pricks dazzle you when coming head on to satisfy their craving for people to look at them being all \"sporty\" in their diesel powered family hatchback, no f**king way. Bell ends.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2011, 12:33:33 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Almost as annoying as the chavvy gits with the 'look at me' noisy exhausts.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2011, 01:10:47 pm by RobTheRover »
I had my front fogs on this morning, but it was a bit foggy between Marr and Hickleton.

Phew, ire averted!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2011, 11:47:11 pm by BobG »
I don't put 'em on even when it is foggy! What the hell use are they?

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2011, 12:40:28 pm by RobTheRover »
They make your car look cooler to small children or men with little winkies.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2011, 09:39:49 pm by BobG »
So you have a \"little winkie\" then eh? Cool!

BobG

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2011, 09:44:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Usually these are the same ones who will overtake you to be one car further in front on a busy road.

A few that annoy me;

t**ts undertaking on the A1, swerving out then back in to a small gap - I saw an accident from that the other day, some of us have jobs to get to.

Those who can't wait in a queue like the rest of us and will go in the wrong way right up to a junction and swerve in again causing accidents - what difference does ten chuffing seconds make?

Those who speed down Wheatley Hall Road and get pissed off with you when you're doing just over 40 going faster than the left hand lane but not going faster than 42.  I loved it the other day when I pulled back in after overtaking and saw the guy speed down at 50 odd completely missing the mobile speed camera that got him - haha to you.

Why is Wheatley Hall Road 40MPH? - just too low, should be 50.

Lorries on the A1 who always wait for the f**king hills to overtake at 830 in the morning.  Seriously, you're at work, some of us are still trying to get there.

But the most annoying - those who don't pull accross to let you out when joining the motorway even when there's nothing coming - is it really that difficult?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2011, 10:04:50 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=143571

Lorries on the A1 who always wait for the f**king hills to overtake at 830 in the morning.  Seriously, you're at work, some of us are still trying to get there.

But the most annoying - those who don't pull accross to let you out when joining the motorway even when there's nothing coming - is it really that difficult?

You aint gonna argue with them though are you?? Thats partly the reason they do it ;)

Seriously though, yo've got to appreciate that a trucks overtaking manouvere is a long drawn out process, and they cant afford to lose a lot of speed / torue cos it'd take 'em an age to get it back again, if at all...thats why they are often in the outside lane and in yours, and mines, way.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 02, 2011, 06:48:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Anybody tell me why people leave their Pay and Display tickets in the drivers side window ?

I passed a bloke today with about 15 still stuck there - one is bad enough as it will block out lots of vital information the driver should be seeing

I was once told people left them there to annoy the blokes whose job it is to check they have paid but I am not sure that is true - but whether true or not take them out lives may depend on it

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: Fog Lights
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2011, 06:56:16 pm by Rios »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=140437
Can someone please explain to me why people drive with their front fog lights on when it isn't foggy?

Some of you on here must do it as nearly every other fcucking car has them on these days.

Really pisses me off.

Get used to it.  The implementation of compulsary daylight running lights on all new cars will make it look like everyone is driving with front fogs on soon.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2011, 09:34:56 pm by BobG »
You are joking I hope Rios. FFS! I blame Volvo. They were the t**ts that started this stupid craze. I shall take the bloody fuse out then.

BobG

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 02, 2011, 11:02:47 pm by Ian H »
Bloody Hell Bob - get a f**kin' grip .....

I'm lazy - The car that I drive has headlights with the switch set on Automatic so I never have to touch it! Same with the wipers - my lights come on, does it bother me? No!

I don't use fog lights (yes it has them but I don't bother with them).... but I really can't be bothered to be angry about people that do.

As previous comments - live and let ... live!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 02, 2011, 11:14:10 pm by BobG »
No problem with living and letting live Ian - but having the bloody things on compulsorily during the day time is neither of those. Me? I use lights when it's dark. f**king DARK!

BobG

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 03, 2011, 06:19:25 am by Ian H »
Eeee lad, tha' wants to come and live back up North - it's always dark!  :)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 03, 2011, 08:11:04 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=144659
Anybody tell me why people leave their Pay and Display tickets in the drivers side window ?I passed a bloke today with about 15 still stuck there - one is bad enough as it will block out lots of vital information the driver should be seeing

I was once told people left them there to annoy the blokes whose job it is to check they have paid but I am not sure that is true - but whether true or not take them out lives may depend on it

Its to prove they do lots of parking and they are really good at reverse parking

Might be but by rights they could get a ticket for it not being \"clearly displayed\"

and if I was a copper I'd do em cos I agree its dangerous

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 03, 2011, 08:17:12 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=144683
You are joking I hope Rios. FFS! I blame Volvo. They were the t**ts that started this stupid craze. I shall take the bloody fuse out then.

BobG

Nope not joking, attached the link for it.  I work in the motor trade and they are hoping once the new cars are bedded in that they start backdating it for older vehicles.

And it's another European law if that makes you feel any better!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 03, 2011, 08:32:27 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=144727
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=144683

BobG

Nope not joking, attached the link for it.  I work in the motor trade and they are hoping once the new cars are bedded in that they start backdating it for older vehicles.
And it's another European law if that makes you feel any better!

That'll be a hard one to do especially if they want us to pay.

I used to have an old 1963 Austin 1100 in the late 80's number of times I got pulled for not wearing a seatbelt cos they were an optional extra and had never been fitted.

Used to have coppers radioing the traffic cops for advice and allsorts it used to baffle them especially as you could feel the mountings under the vinyl in the door pillar but they had never been fitted and it was totally legal, used to be worth being pulled over for the laugh value

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 03, 2011, 09:12:15 am by Rios »
You're thinking of a different time though Dagenham.  Back when seat belts were introduced we as a people used to go out on strike and actually do something about things our government did that we didn't agree with.  Now we moan a lot on facebook/twitter and still end up doing whatever they tell us too.  If you'd told me back in the 80/90's that we'd be paying £1.40 for a litre of fuel I'd have had you certified.

It may not happen, but that won't be because of us or because we'd have to pay it'll be because the government don't push it through.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #20 on March 03, 2011, 04:15:59 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=143581

You aint gonna argue with them though are you?? Thats partly the reason they do it ;)

Seriously though, yo've got to appreciate that a trucks overtaking manouvere is a long drawn out process, and they cant afford to lose a lot of speed / torue cos it'd take 'em an age to get it back again, if at all...thats why they are often in the outside lane and in yours, and mines, way.

We're limited to 55mph...and yes it p1sses me off too when you're on a delivery route :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 03, 2011, 04:50:06 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=144793

We're limited to 55mph...and yes it p1sses me off too when you're on a delivery route :(

I thought it was 56mph? :P

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 03, 2011, 05:08:06 pm by coventryrover »
MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS ON THE MOTORWAY

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.

Especially when there is feck all in the left lane and especially on the 4 lane bit of the M1 after Mansfield.

Move over you lazy T@@ts

And relax

GM-MarkB

« Reply #23 on March 03, 2011, 06:49:26 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=144803
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=144793

I thought it was 56mph? :P

90kph....so some of you need to think on...when your lass orders a new suite from Next, it might be me trying to deliver it ;)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 03, 2011, 08:09:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
And don't forget most small vans (vw caddy transit connect etc) have lower speed limits as well ......not that you would notice though

It is very important for drivers to bear in mind that vans (and all goods vehicles not exceeding 7.5 tonnes) are subject to lower national speed limits than cars on both single and dual carriageway roads.

Whilst a car may travel at up to 60 mph on single carriageways and 70 mph on dual carriageways vans are only allowed to travel up to 50 mph on single carriageway roads and 60 mph on dual carriageway roads.

[Remember that the speed limits quoted here are national limits, a lower speed limit will apply in built up areas and on many local roads.  Where a lower speed limit is signed you must comply with those lower limits].

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits

TinyPortal © 2005-2012