Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:57:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omerta  (Read 1192 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Omerta
« on February 21, 2011, 10:06:15 pm by BobG »
If you've got a minute to spare, have a look at this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/20/nick-cohen-banks-reform-whistleblowers?INTCMP=SRCH

It's interesting - and not because I know, from very personal experience, the truth of one of thr main points made. You try being honest. See where it gets you! It's not so long back that on my annual appraisal I found the immortal words \"Bob tends to be too honest at times\". f**k me! Still, I've been working for quite some time already on the speech I'm going to give to the assembled throng on the day of my retirement. I'm looking forward to that day no end!

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Omerta
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2011, 10:25:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well I find it an interesting read cos about 35  years ago my report on leaving school said  \"John is probably to honest at times\"

and then some 15 years after on leaving the forces I got  \"John tends to be too honest at times\"

I wondered at the time.

So in effect its took me something in the region of 50 years to realise why I didn't get on quite as far as I would have liked!

But at the end of the day I'd much rather be how I am and stuff the lot of them

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Omerta
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2011, 10:42:28 pm by Barmby Rover »
That sort of story sounds so familiar, having worked with teachers, who exist on bull do-do most of their lives and cannot bear the thought of disturbing their neat little lives by uttering real truths. I guess you can guess why I rejected the chances to get further up the greasy pole in education and used to avoid going into staff rooms, and spend my dinner hours talking to pupils! Like Dagger, I prefer to keep my integrity rather than creep around management to get my daily crust, and why I will never get anywhere! B) :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012